Merely 60-90 minutes from Cape Town, absorb the perfect character of West Coast Life Lodges two mirror guesthouses - Villa Serene, latent in a clandestine property facing the Langebaan Lagoon. It is situated approximately 100 metres from its Sister guest house, Crystal Lagoon Lodge.
West Coast Life Lodges is only a few steps from the ocean border, and we pride ourselves with our 180 sea-views from picturesque floor to ceiling windows in 6 ocean facing suites overall. All suites incorporate shared sea-facing balconies. We have 2 family units with 2 rooms in each unit. All Family units have a private non-sea facing terrace.
Rates incorporate a full English breakfast - our suites are equipped with DSTV, personal safe, bar fridge, coffee & tea making facilities and all four star amenities and services.
Calypso Beach, is one of the few traditional breeding areas of the endangered black oystercatcher, and you might also catch a glimpse of these amazing birds with its characteristic red legs and beak, while strolling to the beach.
Accommodation at West Coast Life Lodges:
West Coast Life Lodges offers the following suites:
2 x Family Units (accommodates 2 Adults & 2 Children)
A double room with large floor to ceiling picture perfect windows, full en-suite bathroom, plus adjoining twin room. A private balcony in Twin room and access from the double room to a shared balcony with a 180 sea view.
2 x Deluxe Suites (accommodates 2 guests)
A large double room with floor to ceiling picture perfect windows, full en-suite bathroom, 2 single beds, and access to shared balcony with a 180 sea view.
2 x Standard Suites (accommodates 2 guests)
A double room with floor to ceiling picture perfect windows, en-suite bathroom with shower, double bed, shared balcony with a 180 sea view.
West Coast Life Lodges suites are equipped with satellite TV, bar, fridges, small safes for personal valuables, hair dryers, heaters and facilities to make tea and coffee.
- Watersports: Kayaking, canoeing and rowing, windsurfing, kite surfing, water skiing, jet skiing and surfing. You can rent equipment for all these activities contact us at West Coast Life, Langebaan.
- Fishing at Langebaan Lagoon, the most popular pastimes are deep-sea and fresh-water fishing expeditions. In the past the lagoon was home to a whaling station, the remains of which can still be seen on the island in the bay.
- Birdwatching: Langebaan is an excellent spot for viewing the wide variety of birds. Two hides on the shore of the lagoon provide a vantage point for observing the 250 species of birds that call this area home.
- West Coast National Park: For a leisurely drive or cycle ride through the park, where you could see tortoises, zebra, gemsbok, wildebeest and ostrich among other wildlife. From August to October, the park is a riot of colour when wild flowers of every hue cover hill and valley.
- Fossil Park: Fourteen hectares of fossil-rich land, 10 kilometres outside Langebaan, where you can see the fossilised remains of early animals, such as lion-sized sabre-toothed cats and three-toed horses.
- Whale-watching: From June to November, especially to see the Southern Right Whales which mate and calve here.
- Golf: There's an 18-hole course, with grass greens, at the Langebaan Country Club, a 10-minute drive from Harrison's House.
- Horseback rides: Yet another way of exploring our beautiful countryside, wildlife and flowers in our spring season.
- From Cape Town, take the R27 West Coast road to the north for approximately 100km. Just after the West Coast Engen One Stop Garage turn left to Langebaan. Continue along this road until you can see Langebaan. Just before you enter the town, take the turn-off to Club Mykonos and Calypso Villas to the right.
- Turn right at the first T-junction, and left at the second T-junction. A further 400m you will find the entrance to the Calypso Beach gated estate on your left and the small brown 'Calypso Villas' sign on the right.
- Turn left towards Calypso Beach, enter through the security gate, and drive up Casos Way until you reach the twin buildings of Calypso Villas.