Welgevonden Guest House
is a charming Guest House which is situated on a small farm in the heart of the Klein Karoo, on the edge of Calitzdorp, 300 m off the main road and 50 km west of Oudtshoorn.
The four double en-suite bedrooms are tastefully decorated and furnished with country style pieces. Enjoy the generous hospitality and relax in the lounge with open fireplace, television, games, books and kitchenette. A country style breakfast is served with apricots, figs and grapes. We have a 3 star grading form TBCSA.
Visit the three Port wine cellars within walking distance. Enjoy the sparkling swimming pool, the lush garden and the bird hide, or one of the many scenic walks or drives surrounding us.
The Cango Caves is some 60 km away. Calitzdorp offers 5 restaurants within walking distance from the guest house where you can sample typical Klein Karoo meals like Karoo lamb, ostrich or even Portugese food from our local Portugese lady.
Accommodation at Welgevonden Guest House:
Welgevonden has 4 bedrooms -
- 2 twin bedded rooms with showers en suite
- 1 double bedded room with bath en suite
- 1 double bedded room with shower en suite
The rooms are in an outbuilding dating back to 1880. All the rooms open onto a veranda which overlooks the garden. Reed ceilings, patchwork quilts, cross-stitch wall hangings, down duvets and family heirloom furniture reflects the lifestyle of the Klein Karoo.
And there are wall heaters, overhead fans and hair dryers to help make your stay even more comfortable.
Facilities & Services:
- Honeymoon Couples
- Pets only by Arrangement
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Limited Room Service
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Cots available
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Other Language
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- DVD and/or VCR
Welgevonden Guest House Activities:
- Taste port and wine at 5 wine cellars
- Visit the cultural highlights - museum, DR Church, 27 wall hangings in the church hall, Arts Meander, freestyle organ recitals
- Browse through the collection of second hand books and Africana at the museum
- Try our local cuisine - Karoo lamb, bobotie or ostrich specialities
- Go fishing or have a picnic at the Nelsrivier Dam
- Buy fruit - fresh, dried or jarred!
- Soak up the mineral waters of the Spa (25 km)
- Watch the birds - ostriches and the smaller ones
- Taste homemade mustards and chilli sauces at Anna Sophia
- Buy a handmade pipe or knife at Ebenhardts and send a friend a local postcard
- Visit Gamkaberg Nature Reserve.
- Pick your own grapes at De Krans during February or apricots during November
Click to display the map
Welgevonden Guest House Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 5
reviews. - View all Guest Reviews
Our stay was nice especially the breakfast.
Rating: Reviewed by E Reyneke over a year ago
Briette made us very welcome super breakfast. Can really recommend.
Rating: Reviewed by Jane Tucker over a year ago
Wonderful personal service with the gift of a bottle of wine made by the owners themselves. Rain and flood did nothing to dampen the atmosphere.
Rating: Reviewed by Mrs. Rotraud Kaim over a year ago
Really pleased with our stay, and one of the highlights of our holiday.
Rating: Reviewed by Doug Field over a year ago