Warthog Rest Private Lodge Activities: At the Estate:
Go on one of the estate`s game drive routes, which include two dams, each with an elevated bird hide, to explore the variety of wildlife on the estate. Game such as impala, kudu, zebra, giraffe, warthog, wildebeest, waterbuck, eland, hyena and buffalo roam freely between the lodges, making your visit unforgettable.
- Hoedspruit is in the centre of Big 5 area, with Kruger National Park Orpen Gate and Phalaborwa Gate respectively 71 km and 74 km away.
- Wildlife activities in the Hoedspruit area are the Hoedspruit Cheetah Breeding Project - 18 km - the Mholoholo Rehabilitation Center at Kampersrus - 28 km - the Swadini Snake Park - 16 km.
- Elephant back safaris at Kapama Game Reserve
- from Hoedspruit the Panorama route is easily accessible with sights such as the Three Rondavels, Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes, God's Window, World's view, The Pinnacle, Lisbon Falls, Berlin Falls and the Graskop Gorge all within one and a half hour's drive time from the Estate.
- The Klaserie Dam where fishing and boating can be undertaken, is a mere 35 km from Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate.
- On the Blydepoort Dam game viewing excursions can be undertaken through registered Tour Operators.
- For the more adventurous, white river rafting can be undertaken on the Blyde River, in the Canyon or in the Olifants Gorge next to the Abel Erasmus Pass.
- A scenic game viewing and sun downer's boat cruise can be undertaken on the Olifants River close to Phalaborwa.
- At Hoedspruit, the Drakensig Golf Club, which overlooks the picturesque Drakensberg Mountains, boasts a 9-hole course.
- The famous Hans Merensky Golf Course is situated at Phalaborwa, which is 75 km away. This 18-hole course, where animals have the right of way, is situated on the edge of the Kruger National Park.
Click to display the map
Clothing & Accessories:
- Hiking boots a necessity.
- Pack swimming towels (this is not supplied).
- Hot and cold weather can be expected at any given time.
- Evenings may be chilly, even during the summer months.
Health & Climate:
- Malaria area (for Kruger Park visits). Take precaution malaria medicine before/during/after your trip
- Suncreen a must to protect against the harsh African sun.