Warthog Rest Private Lodge - Spoil yourself with a luxury break at a stunning bushveld retreat with a full-time butler to help out. Privacy is the word and rest a given!
What a pleasure to wake up to the sound of birds calling - and not your clock or cell phone. Enjoy your first coffee on the patio, go for a game drive to explore the wide variety of wildlife species that are found on the estate with a view on the Drakensberg mountains.
Breakfast and lunch can be prepared at an additional cost. The lodge is fully equipped, with quality cutlery, crockery, linen and towels, as well as fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle and dishwasher provided. DSTV, air cons and electronic pest repelant devices.
The Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate offers the experience of feeling like you`re miles away from everything, yet only a few minutes from the convenience of the tourist town of Hoedspruit, with its selection of well-stocked shops and restaurants.
Use the lodge as a base to explore all the tourist attractions, the Kruger Park, Hoedspruit area. Or chill in the pool and let the wildlife visit you.
Accommodation at Warthog Rest Private Lodge:
The main lodge area (middle wing) consists of an open plan lounge, dining room and kitchen, as well as a guest toilet and store room.
A large patio, perfect for wild- and bird life viewing or stargazing, a fire pit and bush noizes throughout the day complete the picture. The two wings of the unit contains two bedrooms each, overlooking the splash pool, bush and lapa area.
Bedrooms consist of either double bed or twin beds en-suite. View on bush and pool/lapa. Sliding doors exit on patio.
Quality beds and bedding, linen, towels, air cons, electronic insect repelant devices, block-out curtains, additional vanity basin with shaver plug in bedroom, bed tables with lamps, hair dryer, ample cupboard space and much more.
Discount on stays longer than two nights. Please enquire.
Clothing and Accessories:
- Hiking boots a necessity.
- Pack swimming towels (this is not supplied).
- Hot and cold weather can be expected at any given time.
- Evenings may be chilly, even during the summer months.
Health and Climate:
- Malaria area (for Kruger Park visits). Take precaution malaria medicine before/during/after your trip
- Suncreen a must to protect against the harsh African sun.
At the Estate:
Go on one of the estate`s game drive routes, which include two dams, each with an elevated bird hide, to explore the variety of wildlife on the estate. Game such as impala, kudu, zebra, giraffe, warthog, wildebeest, waterbuck, eland, hyena and buffalo roam freely between the lodges, making your visit unforgettable.
- Hoedspruit is in the centre of Big 5 area, with Kruger National Park Orpen Gate and Phalaborwa Gate respectively 71 km and 74 km away.
- Wildlife activities in the Hoedspruit area are the Hoedspruit Cheetah Breeding Project - 18 km - the Mholoholo Rehabilitation Center at Kampersrus - 28 km - the Swadini Snake Park - 16 km.
- Elephant back safaris at Kapama Game Reserve
- from Hoedspruit the Panorama route is easily accessible with sights such as the Three Rondavels, Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes, God's Window, World's view, The Pinnacle, Lisbon Falls, Berlin Falls and the Graskop Gorge all within one and a half hour's drive time from the Estate.
- The Klaserie Dam where fishing and boating can be undertaken, is a mere 35 km from Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate.
- On the Blydepoort Dam game viewing excursions can be undertaken through registered Tour Operators.
- For the more adventurous, white river rafting can be undertaken on the Blyde River, in the Canyon or in the Olifants Gorge next to the Abel Erasmus Pass.
- A scenic game viewing and sun downer's boat cruise can be undertaken on the Olifants River close to Phalaborwa.
- At Hoedspruit, the Drakensig Golf Club, which overlooks the picturesque Drakensberg Mountains, boasts a 9-hole course.
- The famous Hans Merensky Golf Course is situated at Phalaborwa, which is 75 km away. This 18-hole course, where animals have the right of way, is situated on the edge of the Kruger National Park.
- 0 to 14 days prior to arrival forfeit 100%
- 15 to 28 days prior to arrival forfeit 75%
- 29 to 100 days prior to arrival forfeit 50%
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Airport Shuttle Service
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - covered)
DVD and/or VCR
Hiking / Walking Trails
Warthog Rest Private Lodge is a Self-Catering and Game Lodge in Hoedspruit Limpopo South Africa