Van der Stel Manor is a lovingly restored Cape Dutch home (1910) in an exclusive residential area of Stellenbosch, close to the village. The air-conditioned luxury rooms are stylish decorated, each with private patio and direct access to the beautiful rose garden and pool. An exquisite breakfast served in a peaceful ambiance also light meals, superb wines, tea and desserts can be enjoyed.
The Manor is a mere 30 minutes` drive from Cape Town International Airport, close to golf courses, excellent restaurants and numerous wineries. Your hosts, Gertrud and Primus provide an outstanding service in a warm and relaxed atmosphere.
Van der Stel Manor accommodation:
Stellenbosch accommodation - Van der Stel Manor offers luxurious king en-suite rooms with all modern necessities. The rooms are located on ground level with private entrances opening onto patios leading into the lush green garden.
Room features include:
- Private entrance
- Spacious room with king size bed
- Free WiFi
- Television with selected DSTV Channels
- Air-conditioning (heating and cooling)
- Full en-suite bathroom (bath and shower)
- Rooms open onto a private patio
With its mild Mediterranean climate and stunning scenery, Stellenbosch is a town bustling with life. Perfectly placed in easy driving distance of Cape Town and the airport, it`s also close to beaches, mountains and rivers. With the university at its heart, Stellenbosch has a vibrant coffee shop society and is peopled with well-known poets, writers and artists.
The town`s a shopper`s dream, with stylish African arte facts, home ware, local arts and crafts and fresh produce by the score. And, of course, it`s also famous for its wines.
Visit the Village Museum, the Toy and Miniature Museum and Oom Samie se Winkel, an authentic general dealer, for a glimpse of a bygone age. Many of the gabled buildings in and around Stellenbosch are fine examples of typical Cape Dutch architecture.
Restaurants in Stellenbosch:
There are more than 80 restaurants offering the most basic dishes to over-the-top and 5-star dining experiences, set both in the town and on many of the wine farms. Some lie snuggled amid vineyards and atop a hill, while others are perched 300 m above sea-level with panoramic views over False Bay and Table Mountain. A special aura abounds within restaurants housed in Cape Dutch buildings, while those with ultra-modern interiors reflect the diversity that is dining in Stellenbosch.
Village Museum, Toy and Miniature Museum, ‘Oom Samie se Winkel’ (an authentic general dealer, for a glimpse of a bygone era), Easily accessible hiking and mountain biking trails, Ten Golf courses within 30 minutes’ drive of Van der Stel Manor, Strawberry & Berry Picking, Butterfly World, Crocodile Farm, Whale Watching
If you love the great outdoors, there are several easily accessible hiking and mountain biking trails. Or get into the swing at one of the many golf courses in and around Stellenbosch, including Devon vale and the Stellenbosch Golf Club. Ten golf courses are within 30 minutes drive from Van der Stel Manor.
Air-conditioned comfort, King bed, stylishly decorated with private patio, minibar, safety deposit box, hairdryer and complimentary WiFi.
King bed, spacious luxury, private patio, free WiFi and a complimentary minibar.
Spacious room with King bed, en-suite, air-conditioned, private balcony leading into lush garden; minibar, hairdryer, complimentary WiFi.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
From Cape Town or Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 Highway in the direction of Stellenbosch/Somerset West. Continue on the N2 until EXIT 33 (BADEN POWELL DRIVE TURN-OFF) . Turn left towards Stellenbosch and continue on the R310 until the T-junction.
- Pass Spier on your right hand side and carry on towards Stellenbosch. At the T-junction with traffic lights turn right. After approximately 2.5 kms you will pass straight through a set of traffic lights with the headquarters of Distell on the right.
- At the next set of traffic lights with a SHELL petrol station on your right-hand side, turn right into Dorp Street. Continue up Dorp Street - just before the road makes a turning to the right, turn left into Drostdy Street
- Continue past the big white church and at the T-junction turn right into Riebeek Street
- Pass the University grounds on your left and go straight forward through the next 3 way stop (the Boland College is on your right).
- At the fork in the road take the right fork into Van der Stel Street. Continue for approx. 800 m until you see Van der Stel Manor (number 64) on your right hand side. Welcome!
Children above 12 years are welcome. Should you wish to visit with younger children, kindly liaise with Management