If you love the great outdoors, there are several easily accessible hiking and mountain biking trails. Or get into the swing at one of the many golf courses in and around Stellenbosch, including Devon vale and the Stellenbosch Golf Club. Ten golf courses are within 30 minutes drive from Van der Stel Manor.
From Cape Town or Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 Highway in the direction of Stellenbosch/Somerset West. Continue on the N2 until EXIT 33 (BADEN POWELL DRIVE TURN-OFF) . Turn left towards Stellenbosch and continue on the R310 until the T-junction.
- Pass Spier on your right hand side and carry on towards Stellenbosch. At the T-junction with traffic lights turn right. After approximately 2.5 kms you will pass straight through a set of traffic lights with the headquarters of Distell on the right.
- At the next set of traffic lights turn right into Dorp Street. A Shell Garage and Volvo showroom is on the corner. Continue up Dorp Street, through a set of traffic lights and at the first Pancake (small, flat circle in the road), turn left into Meul Street (Mill Street).
- A coffee shop called The Mill Coffee Shop is on the corner. At the next traffic circle turn right into Plein Street. Continue along Plein Street into Van Riebeeck Street passing through 2 four way stops.
- Pass the University grounds on your left and go straight forward through the next 3 way stop (the Boland College is on your right).
- At the fork in the road (a willow tree and telephone box stand in the fork) take the right fork into Van der Stel Street. Continue for approx. 800 m until you see Van der Stel Manor on your right hand side. Welcome!