For a holistic view of the wine making process or simply to enjoy the tranquillity of the farm, a number of walks have been set up around the farm that highlight aspects such as the various cultivars of wine grown, the bee hives necessary to pollinate the vines and the dams that catch and supply the farm with all its water.
Guests may also fish the dams for bass on a catch and release basis. For the business traveler or intimate function a 20 seater conference room is available for your meeting or party.
During the winter months a large fire place with couches provides ambiance for card games or reading while sipping on a glass of Val du Charrons premium wine.
From Cape Town:
- Take the N1 north. Take the off-ramp to Stellenbosch Wellington, Klapmuts (No. 47) . At the stop street turn left. Follow the R44 to Wellington.
- Pass the Redstar farmstall, Nelson's Creek and four way stop at the Florida farm stall. The R44 intersects with the R301 at a set of robots.
- Turn left on to the R301 into the town of Wellington. At the next set of robots there is a beautiful church with a statue of Andrew Murray in front of it.
- Turn right here in to Church Street. Go through the commercial section of Wellington. Proceed through two stop streets through the residential area.
- Proceed until you have reached Bovlei Cellar. Almost immediately after the Bovlei Cellar turn left into Hill Road (Redemption leather shop will be on your left) and then right in to Bovlei Road, from this point on follow our signage to Val du Charron.