Nestled in the heart of the Winelands, Val du Charron Wine & Leisure Estate (VDC) is a tranquil escape on a working vineyard, just 10 minutes from Wellington and less than an hour’s drive from Cape Town. VDC offers 4-star accommodations, two inviting restaurants, and a slice of South African winemaking culture. The 42-hectare estate boasts vineyards, olive groves, and a 400-ton cellar producing exquisite wines.
The Guest House features nineteen spacious rooms fitted with Queen Size beds or Twin Beds, en-suite bathrooms with shower and stunning views of vineyards, garden or Hawekwa Mountains. A delicious breakfast with à la carte options is included.
For adventure, you can explore the Wild Boar Trails by hiking or biking, starting from Pizza Vista. If the trails aren’t for you, grab a book and a glass of something cold and relax next to our pool. Dive in and cool down on those hot summer days.
Wine enthusiasts can pop into our wine tasting room and book a tasting session with one of our knowledgeable staff members. Take a stroll through the cellar and find out how our delicious wines are made.
Add to that, the estate’s rich traditions and modern-day comforts provide an ideal backdrop to make unforgettable memories in the heart of the Winelands.
Val du Charron: where you can unwind, dine, stay in countryside comfort, and create cherished moments while enjoying a range of leisure activities.
For a holistic view of the wine making process or simply to enjoy the tranquillity of the farm, a number of walks have been set up around the farm that highlight aspects such as the various cultivars of wine grown, the bee hives necessary to pollinate the vines and the dams that catch and supply the farm with all its water.
Guests may also fish the dams for bass on a catch and release basis. For the business traveler or intimate function a 20 seater conference room is available for your meeting or party.
During the winter months a large fire place with couches provides ambiance for card games or reading while sipping on a glass of Val du Charrons premium wine.
Double or queen sized bed with an additional two single beds. En-suite bathroom and patio. Additional camping cot may be added. Air-conditioned, SMART Flat Screen TV, tea & coffee facility.
Queen sized bed with an additional sleeper couch. En-suite bathroom. Additional camping cot may be added. Air-conditioned, SMART Flat Screen TV, tea & coffee facility.
Each luxury double room has a private balcony with a spectacular view of the Hawekwa mountains. Room amenities include a tea/coffee making tray, a personal safe, hairdryer, air-conditioned and SMART Flat Screen TV
Each luxury twin room has a private balcony with a spectacular view of the Hawekwa mountains. Room amenities include a tea/coffee making tray, a personal safe, hairdryer, air-conditioned and a SMART Flat Screen TV.
This air-conditioned 1st floor room offers free Wi-Fi. It has an electric kettle, a SMART Flat Screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.
Can accommodate 4 adults & 4 children. The main house features two en-suite bedrooms, private dining & living space with formal lounge & fireplace, dining room, balcony with fire place, a games room, fully equipped kitchen and a TV room with fireplace.
From Cape Town:
- Take the N1 north. Take the off-ramp to Stellenbosch Wellington, Klapmuts (No. 47) . At the stop street turn left. Follow the R44 to Wellington.
- Pass the Redstar farmstall, Nelson's Creek and four way stop at the Florida farm stall. The R44 intersects with the R301 at a set of robots.
- Turn left on to the R301 into the town of Wellington. At the next set of robots there is a beautiful church with a statue of Andrew Murray in front of it.
- Turn right here in to Church Street. Go through the commercial section of Wellington. Proceed through two stop streets through the residential area.
- Proceed until you have reached Bovlei Cellar. Almost immediately after the Bovlei Cellar turn left into Hill Road (Redemption leather shop will be on your left) and then right in to Bovlei Road, from this point on follow our signage to Val du Charron.