Val du Charron Wine and Leisure Estate Coach House - Nestling at the foot of the Groenberg mountain, the town of Wellington lies in the picturesque Bovlei valley on the banks of the Kromme River. The majestic Hawequa Mountains are silent sentinels on its eastern border.
Val du Charron`s 4-star Guest House and 5-star Coach House offer luxury accommodation in Wellington, on a working Wine Estate in the heart of the Bovlei valley. Val Du Charron is ten minutes from the town of Wellington and less than an hour`s drive from Cape Town - the perfect accommodation spot in the heart of the Cape Winelands, South Africa.
Val du Charron also offers a beautiful wedding venue and conferencing facilities in Wellington.
The original farm was proclaimed in 1699 and, as only the fifth family to hold title, the owners are conscious to maintain its historic integrity and re-establish the tradition of wine making on the farm itself. This can be evidenced in the rehabilitation of the historic buildings and the character of the architecture of the Estate.
Most recently, Cathy and Stuart have added a very popular restaurant to the mix at Val du Charron. With expansive views over the valley, and a superb steakhouse menu, The Local Grill at Val du Charron is a treat for guests and locals alike.
Accommodation at Val du Charron Wine and Leisure Estate Coach House:
Consisting of only three spacious suites, each with its own plunge pool and private patio with built in wood burning fireplace, guests can unwind in their own space overlooking the majestic Winelands and mountains.
Each of the three queen size rooms is en suite with bathrooms containing spa baths and a shower for two. Stunning design elements, such as natural stone flooring that flows from the pool through the rooms and the breathtaking stained glass window features, integrate with the rooms modern comforts such as complimentary mini bar, free wifi and smart cable television.
Meals may be served in room; however, guests have access to all four star facilities and may elect to dine in the wine tasting room.
- TGCSA 5 star grading
- 6 pax accommodation / 3 rooms / baby cot
- Full breakfast included
- Dinner available
- Cellar tour and tasting of 3 wines included in rack rate
- Olive grove tour and olive tasting included in rack rate
- Light lunches available
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access to all in-house guests
- DSTV on flat screen televisions in each room
- Air conditioners and ceiling fans in each room
- Tea and gourmet coffee tray in each room
- Hairdryer and personal safe in each room
- Full bathroom
- Family accommodation possible
- Laundry service available
- Swimming pool
Val du Charron is about living the wine lifestyle, so our guests are invited to participate in all aspects of wine production - from harvesting to drinking it.
Wine tasting and guided cellar and vineyard tours are available or explore the vineyards on foot or bike. For a completely novel wine tasting experience visit our Theatre of Wine.
We also offer guided walks between the valley's historic farms - and, for the more adventurous, access to the famous Bainskloof mountain bike trails (home to the Cape Epic).
For those more interested in olives, enjoy a tour of the olive grove rounded off with an olive tasting at the gazebo on our dam. The dam is also a great place to fish for bass.
- Swimming pool
- Laundry service
- Complimentary WiFi access
- Light lunches
- Set menu dinner
- Complimentary wine tasting
- Fully lincensed
- Architectually designed, airconditioned tasting room
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cellar tours and olive grove tours
- Conference and function facilities
- Multiple wedding venues
- Ample parking including busses of all sizes
- 50% deposit is required within 48hr to secure the booking when made.
- 50% of deposit will be paid back if cancellation is made 30 days before arrival. If a reservation is cancelled more than 30 days before arrival a 10% administration fee will apply. The full deposit will be forfeited if the confirmed reservation is cancelled within 30 days of arrival.
- Discounted rates will be revised should the duration of stay be decreased or interrupted or payment terms not be adhered to.
- The guest retains personal liability for the bill until the employer, agent, or person that made the reservation on his or her behalf has settled the account.
- Cash, internet transfers and all major credit cards are valid payment methods. Cheques are not accepted.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Quotations are valid for 48 hrs unless otherwise specified.
- Refunds will only be made after payment has been finally cleared by the bank or Credit Card Company. This process can take in excess of 30 days.
- A minimum administration fee of 10% will be added to any service the guest house pays for on behalf of the guest.
- No Shows – when a guest does not show on the date of arrival, the full deposit and any other payment will be forfeited.
Facilities & Services available:
Bar on the Premises
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - open)
Hiking / Walking Trails
Val du Charron Wine and Leisure Estate Coach House is a Guesthouse and Bed and Breakfast in Wellington Western Cape South Africa