Val du Charron Wine and Leisure Estate Coach House
- Nestling at the foot of the Groenberg mountain, the town of Wellington lies in the picturesque Bovlei valley on the banks of the Kromme River. The majestic Hawequa Mountains are silent sentinels on its eastern border.
Val du Charron`s 4-star Guest House and 5-star Coach House offer luxury accommodation in Wellington, on a working Wine Estate in the heart of the Bovlei valley. Val Du Charron is ten minutes from the town of Wellington and less than an hour`s drive from Cape Town - the perfect accommodation spot in the heart of the Cape Winelands, South Africa.
Val du Charron also offers a beautiful wedding venue and conferencing facilities in Wellington.
The original farm was proclaimed in 1699 and, as only the fifth family to hold title, the owners are conscious to maintain its historic integrity and re-establish the tradition of wine making on the farm itself. This can be evidenced in the rehabilitation of the historic buildings and the character of the architecture of the Estate.
Most recently, Cathy and Stuart have added a very popular restaurant to the mix at Val du Charron. With expansive views over the valley, and a superb steakhouse menu, The Local Grill at Val du Charron is a treat for guests and locals alike.
Accommodation at Val du Charron Wine and Leisure Estate Coach House:
Consisting of only three spacious suites, each with its own plunge pool and private patio with built in wood burning fireplace, guests can unwind in their own space overlooking the majestic Winelands and mountains.
Each of the three queen size rooms is en suite with bathrooms containing spa baths and a shower for two. Stunning design elements, such as natural stone flooring that flows from the pool through the rooms and the breathtaking stained glass window features, integrate with the rooms modern comforts such as complimentary mini bar, free wifi and smart cable television.
Meals may be served in room; however, guests have access to all four star facilities and may elect to dine in the wine tasting room.
- TGCSA 5 star grading
- 6 pax accommodation / 3 rooms / baby cot
- Full breakfast included
- Dinner available
- Cellar tour and tasting of 3 wines included in rack rate
- Olive grove tour and olive tasting included in rack rate
- Light lunches available
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access to all in-house guests
- DSTV on flat screen televisions in each room
- Air conditioners and ceiling fans in each room
- Tea and gourmet coffee tray in each room
- Hairdryer and personal safe in each room
- Full bathroom
- Family accommodation possible
- Laundry service available
- Swimming pool
Val du Charron Wine and Leisure Estate Coach House Activities:
Val du Charron is about living the wine lifestyle, so our guests are invited to participate in all aspects of wine production - from harvesting to drinking it.
Wine tasting and guided cellar and vineyard tours are available or explore the vineyards on foot or bike. For a completely novel wine tasting experience visit our Theatre of Wine.
We also offer guided walks between the valley's historic farms - and, for the more adventurous, access to the famous Bainskloof mountain bike trails (home to the Cape Epic).
For those more interested in olives, enjoy a tour of the olive grove rounded off with an olive tasting at the gazebo on our dam. The dam is also a great place to fish for bass.
- Swimming pool
- Laundry service
- Complimentary WiFi access
- Light lunches
- Set menu dinner
- Complimentary wine tasting
- Fully lincensed
- Architectually designed, airconditioned tasting room
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cellar tours and olive grove tours
- Conference and function facilities
- Multiple wedding venues
- Ample parking including busses of all sizes
Click to display the map