Umkhumbi Lodge is a small family-friendly bush lodge within Kuleni Game Park, which is a small private reserve with plenty of wildlife and great walking trails. We are near Hluhluwe and not far from Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park for Big 5 safaris.
Our chalets are comfortable and spacious, positioned within the forest. A short walk will take you to the swimming pool, the walking trails and the bar and restaurant.
We offer a catered accommodation experience. Our packages include breakfast or breakfast and dinner. Why cook or clean when you are on holiday?! We don`t charge a fortune for meals or drinks, and the food is freshly prepared with your dietary preferences in mind.
Children are welcome. We have family chalets and offer child-friendly meals and activities.
Begin your evening by sipping sundowners with a view of the sun setting over the bushveld from the treetop bar while the kids play pool.
Umkhumbi is a great place to stay for wildlife enthusiasts. Wildlife on site includes zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, warthogs, kudus and several more small antelopes. You can safely walk the nature trails and get close to the animals. This is also a great birding spot with unspoilt sand forest and an impressive species list including Narina Trogon, Pink-throated Twinspots and Eastern Nicator.
Umkhumbi Lodge is perfectly positioned to experience the best of the region, being very close to several wildlife reserves: Hluhluwe/Umfolozi, Mkhuze and Isimangaliso Wetland Park.
Umkhumbi Lodge is easily accessible by road. We are about one and a half hours from Richards Bay Airport or two and a half hours from the King Shaka International Airport in Durban.
Onsite facilities include:
* Swimming pool
* Laundry service
* Free WiFi internet and guest computer at the office
* Safe for locking away valuables
* Restaurant and bar
* Walking trails
* Travel information
* Shuttle service to and from any location
Umkhumbi Lodge offers delightful accommodation in comfortable air-conditioned lodges, all nestled in the bush. We have 12 twin-bedded rooms.
Each lodge has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. An inter-leading door makes these units perfect for families, as kids can easily sleep close by, while you still enjoy your privacy.
Each bathroom has a bath and shower.
All guest rooms are fitted with a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, private veranda and air-conditioning.
Umkhumbi Lodge Activities:
- Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park – full day safari in this big 5 park
- Hluhluwe Imfolozi Park – half day safari in this big 5 park
- Mkhuze game drives – a great bird and wildlife combo
- Sodwana Bay – full day trip with snorkelling
- False Bay – guided walk with drinks
- Birding – guided walks
- Day trip to lake Jozini with boat cruise and picnic lunch
- Day trip to St Lucia with boat cruise or kayaking on the lake
- Cheetah and Serval rehabilitation centre – talk and feeding
- Elephant interaction – get up close and personal
- Turtle Tour – night beach walk to view turtle nesting/hatching
- Cultural walk – guided walk through a modern Zulu village
- Zulu Croc – guided tour of a snake and crocodile centre
Click to display the map
Clothing & Accessories:
Walking shoes and binoculars recommended!
Umkhumbi Lodge Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
Comfortable and friendly. The staff were all very accommodating and Anton and Emma are great! We felt a "part of the family". Sipping wine and watching the sun set - what a combination!
Rating: Reviewed by Deirdre Larkan over a year ago