Nestled deep in the heart of the Eastern Cape’s African bushveld, Umbono Private Game Lodge invites you to embark on an extraordinary journey into the wild. Set on 1000 hectares of unspoilt wilderness, this privately-owned reserve offers a captivating escape where time stands still, and nature’s wonders come alive.
At Umbono, we are committed to creating exceptional experiences that leave lasting memories. As you traverse the picturesque Albany Thicket Biome, be captivated by breathtaking views of lush veld and abundant wildlife, completely immersing yourself in the untamed beauty of the African bush.
We cater a menu boasting South African cuisine with a modern flair, bringing traditional dishes to life, complemented by the finest South African wines. Indulge in a dining experience you are sure to remember set against the backdrop of an African sunset. We cater for all tastes, from special dietary requirements to traditional South African braai.
* Bar fridge
* Bathroom amenities
* Coffee/Tea facilities
* Full kitchen in selected units
* Garden views
* Mountain views
* Iron facilities
* Microwave in selected units
* Seating area
* Dining table in selected units
* Free Parking
* Outdoor pool
* Secured parking
Alexandria is a small farming town in the Eastern Cape of South Africa and is situated 100 km North East of Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, on the way to Bushman’s River Mouth, Kenton-on-Sea and Port Alfred. Alexandria is part of the Ndlambe Local Municipality in the Sarah Baartman District Municipality of the Eastern Cape. It might have been established by the Dutch colonial government in the late 18th century, but was named Alexandria in 1856 after Reverend Alexander Smith. It has a warm temperate climate and is unusual in southern Africa in having no distinct dry or wet season, with rain received throughout the year. Alexandria is one of the most important chicory-producing areas in South Africa and is also known for pineapple production and dairy farming.
* Quin Sculpture Garden
* Sibuya Wilderness Experience
* Diaz Trail
* Shelley Beach
* Sandbar Floating Restaurant
If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
The cardholder & ID/Passport must be present at check-in.
The credit card used for the online payment must be present at check-in. A confirmed booking comprises the following terms & conditions:
* Full payment must be received by Umbono Private Game Lodge no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
* Reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival will require full payment within 48 hours.
Cancellation must be made in writing and the conditions of cancellation are as follows:
* 30 days and less 100% is forfeited.
* No-shows: 100% cancellation fees
* No refund will be given for guests who arrive but leave before the completion of their stay.
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS:
* Daily conservation fees are to be pre-paid with accommodation and are non-commissionable.
* All rates include 15% VAT & Subject to change.
* All bank charges are to be covered by the guest, agent, or operator. If a refund is paid by Umbono Private Game Lodge, then the bank charges for the refund will be deducted from the refund payment.
* Road transfers and any other activities are nett and non-commissionable.
* Incorrect quotes or charges to the guest will be covered by the booking agent or operator.
* Provisional bookings will be held for a maximum of 14 days unless an extension has been requested in writing and has been approved.
* Kindly note that bringing your own alcohol onto the reserve is strictly prohibited.
* This document serves as a binding contract. Upon receipt of this document, you are legally bound by the terms & conditions stated here within.
All travellers are strongly advised to take out fully comprehensive travel insurance with CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason). This insurance must be able to fully cover the cancellation of travel less than 30 days prior to arrival. Please ensure you have appropriate travel and medical insurance.