Tzaneen Country Lodge
is the ultimate destination for relaxation in Limpopo. Situated in the heart of the north-eastern Lowveld of the magical Limpopo Province in South Africa - you will find Tzaneen Country Lodge, an award-winning hotel and lavishing Earth Spa.
Tzaneen Country Lodge can be found in one of the most beautiful regions in South Africa; perfectly located a mere 95 km from the Phalaborwa Gate of the Kruger National Park. Be sure to also explore the beauty and magic of Limpopo, Modjadji`s Kingdom of the Rain Queen when visiting us.
Exclusive and private, the lodge is nestled on 170 hectares of farmland and indigenous forest. Together with the Earth Spa, Mhangela Animal Farm & Tea Garden there is plenty to do for young and old, whether you would like to relax, hike, bike, fish or forget we have something to nourish your body, mind and soul.
Tzaneen Country Lodge is a privately owned establishment that offers warm hospitality and Limpopo charm with a wealth of beauty and allure. Delight yourself in this scenic serene area where history, geography and culture add character in a tantalizing mix.
"It is our goal at Tzaneen Country Lodge to make each and every guest feel welcome, at home and relaxed at all times," said Adri Kruger, award-winning hotelier and owner of Tzaneen Country Lodge.
We pride ourselves in exceeding the expectations of our guests by providing personal touches and excellence in all that we do. Nothing makes us happier than to share our beautiful and scenic country hotel with our valued guests – many of whom has become our friends over the years.
The tastefully decorated Tzaneen Country Lodge offers world-class hospitality, discreet security and formidable service. We offer genuine hospitality with stylish hotel rooms and relaxing pools in perfect harmony with the surrounding countryside. Our beautiful landscaped gardens with indigenous forest and dams on the property make for peaceful and happy holidays.
In addition, we offer professional Conference facilities to suit any budget. If you are planning a wedding – be sure to visit our various function halls and Wedding facilities available to ensure a perfect day to remember forever.
Tzaneen Country Lodge accommodation:
Classic country décor, refined simplicity, and sweeping views of scenic landscapes is what you can expect when booking your accommodation at Tzaneen Country Lodge.
Our 66 hotel rooms, individually furnished in an informal elegant style, with all the modern comforts to relax after a day of business, sightseeing, golf or safaris will make you feel at home.
With our all en-suite standard, luxury, twin and family hotel rooms there is a wide choice to suit your budget and style.
All our rooms are en-suite and non-smoking, as well as hotel accommodation for the physically disabled. To add to our extensive range of accommodation we also have a presidential suite and a dedicated honeymoon suite.
Our large spacious rooms are furnished with taste and elegance and are equipped for maximum comfort including hypo allergic pillows. All our rooms offers a variety of garden or pool views.
Hotel room service with comfort food and friendly service is always available.
We offer you a laundry service and an iron and Ironing Boards are available on request. Dry cleaning services can also be arranged.
We offer secretarial services for the business executive or leisure guest – please enquire at reception for more information.
Secure parking is part of the package as well as 24-hour security on guard to ensure a safe and pleasant stay.
Our in room facilities include:
- High Speed Wireless Internet Access
- Flat Screen Colour TV with USB access
- Electrical Outlet at the Writing Desk
- International Direct Dial Telephone
- Hotel Room Service
- Secretarial Services
- Bar fridge
- Ceiling Fans
- Luxurious Bedding with Hypo-allergic Pillows
- Mini Safe
- Complimentary Water
- Tea and Coffee Station
- Laundry Service
- Dry Cleaning Service
- Secure Parking
Country Lodge amenities:
Come and relax, rejuvenate, connect and make memories.
Tzaneen Country Lodge is well suited for a range of activities. From nature walks and bird watching, to shopping at farm stalls or enjoying some of our pristine natural riches or scenic panoramas. We offer loads of options for the adventurous tourists, cultural fundi or business traveller alike.
- Bird watcher paradise – come and spend some time in our bird hide
- Fishing for young and old, experience fishermen and beginners
- If you don’t want to walk you can cycle, there are canoes for paddling, fishing or birding from the water.
- Our Barge can be used for fishing or relaxation and a reliable Ranger will ensure safe passage on our barge and assist those who need help in catching their fish.
- Serious fishermen can enjoy trophy bass fishing on a catch and release basis.
- We also have canoes for the adventure lover for an up-close fishing experience or for some outdoor exercise fun.
- Mountain biking for beginners and novices alike
- Walking trails for young and old
- Nature walks – come and enjoy our vast fauna and flora
- Those interested in the trees, birds and animals of the region can also use the trails for a wildlife activity to be remembered.
- Our beautiful wildlife includes but are not limited to giraffes, zebras and antelope.
- There are different trails of various lengths; which can be used for walking, jogging or cycling.
- Picnic spots for families & romantics
- Enjoy a picnic sundowner whilst gazing over the unforgettable Limpopo Bushveld.
- A family can combine all these activities with a picnic where we can deliver not only the picnic to the site near the water but also Grandpa and Grandma if they don’t wish to walk, paddle or ride.
- Canoes to test your beginner or adventurous abilities
- Three swimming pools to relax, have fun or cool down in
- Mhangela Animal Farm & Tea Garden, wholesome country family entertainment with an outstanding menu selection for young and old
- Small Library filled with books by local authors and more
- We have a small library in our lounge with features various authors and a touch screen computer in reception if you want to find out more about the area.
- Games Room with a pool-table, fooseball, table tennis and darts
- Board games are available at Reception for fun and relaxation.
- In the event of a rainy day our Games Room offers a pool-table, fooseball, table tennis and darts.
- Family Games Room for hours of fun
- You could be doing all this while a nanny is showing the Animal Farm and Playground to the baby or the wife is being spoilt in our Earth Spa.
- Our swimming pools relieve the boredom or the summer heat and a fitness studio is there for those who wish to use it.
Wine and Dine:
Our exclusive A la Carte Restaurant, is great for get-togethers, and offers excellent service and complimentary breakfast daily. Our country cuisine is undeniably the best thing about Tzaneen Country Lodge. The comfortable elegance will elevate one`s spirit and fresh vegetables and fruit from the area make every meal a delightful experience.
Enjoy a Tzaneen sunset – our signature Cocktail at our Cocktail Bar – for many of our guests this unique and secret blend of spirits and juice capture something of the enigmatic essence of happiness – which ofcourse is the origin of the name Tzaneen. The name Tzaneen is derived from the Tsonga word which means the ‘gathering place of the happy people.
Earth Spa at Tzaneen Country Lodge:
Qualified beauticians and therapists, reputable and accredited products together with a wide bouquet of treatment options have been carefully selected to offer our clients the best spa experience possible.