The Tweni Waterfront lies on the North bank of the Umtentweni Lagoon, 2km North of Port Shepstone. The Tweni Waterfront Guest Lodge is on the R102 and only 100m from the beach. (No roads to cross!)
The resort boasts a full a la carte restaurant for the family. Outside facilities include a lovely swimming pool overlooking the lagoon, kiddies trampoline, and an 18 hole mini golf course.
Our beach provides excellent fishing and surfing. Next door is Tweni Main beach that has year round lifeguards and a unique "granny pool" that is extremely safe to swim in.
- parking all onsite
- restaurant onsite
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- Seven Nearby golf courses.
- Awesome beaches with diving, fishing, surfing or sunbathing.
- A local country club that welcomes guests to play squash, tennis, bowls and golf.
- The Oribi Gorge with its stunning views and extreme adrenaline adventures.
- Deep sea diving, fishing, whale watching and pleasure trips.
- Plenty of local pubs, restaurants, cinemas and the Wild Coast Casino (only 30mins drive).
Travel on the N2 toll road until you come to a sign that says Umtentweni, (Port Shepstone North).
Take this off-ramp and turn towards the sea into Old St Faiths Road.
Continue down Old St Faiths Road for approximately 2km. This road becomes Rethman Drive.
Continue until you come to a set of traffic lights.
Turn Left and drive 1.1 km. Passing the Caltex garage on your left, cross the Umtentweni River.
We are on your right on the North Bank of the Tweni River. Take the first right after the bridge and immediate right again.
Follow the service road that runs parallel to the R102 all the way back to the river - Lot 222, 2 Casuarina Road, Sea Park, Umtentweni.
The Tweni Waterfront offers a choice of Self Catering or Hotel rooms. All rooms are en suite with TV, fans and tea and coffee facilities. The rooms are serviced daily.
The rooms are all on the second storey with stunning views of the lagoon and ocean.
We offer bed only, bed & breakfast and dinner, bed & breakfast options.
There is a good Italian restaurant on site.