Situated in the remote, northeastern mineral-rich region of South Africa and bordering Namibia, Tutwa Desert Lodge lies in the heart of the barren Green Kalahari as an oasis of tranquil luxury. The cool, spacious interiors of the lodge provide a serene sanctuary in the vast and untamed environment spanning over 16000 hectares of land and boasting 24 km of Orange River frontage.
The colours of Tutwa Lodge are organic and muted, with polished floors, high ceilings and original artworks. Natural game paths pass the lodge, and its likely antelope, giraffe, zebra and other African game may wander past.
There are five Luxury Rooms, two Superior Rooms and two Tutwa Annex Luxury Rooms. All our suites are spacious, air-conditioned and dressed with fine linens, with full bathrooms, personal bathrobes and indulgent amenities. All suites have their own verandas and or balconies offering landscape and mountain views of the beautiful Green Kalahari.
Experience for yourself an oasis of calm and cool in a vast and untamed environment, offering a distinctive private wildlife safari experience. This rewarding wilderness encounter features safari drives, nature paddles, birding and interactive conservation experiences.
Tutwa is an ideal escape for those looking for wildlife, birding, water and star-gazing adventure with a difference.
Full board rates include accommodation and all meals. Excludes activities, drinks and items of a personal nature.
All-inclusive rates include accommodation, all meals, two safari activities per day and all house beverages. Excludes premium brand beverages and items of a personal nature.
- benchmarking top-end outventure in Southern Africa
- Game viewing in a desert environment
- World class fly fishing for the elusive Yellow Fish
- River rafting on the Orange River ( en route in Augrabies)
- A combination of bush and river outventure activities
- Leopard Protection Project
- Great nocturnal game viewing
- Bird river safaris with floating picnic
- Walking trails
- Natural Rose quartz deposits
- Star gazing
- Salt water swimming pool
- Cancellations 15 days or more prior to travel: No cancellation fee
- Cancellations 14 days prior to travel: 100% cancellation fee.
- All cancellations must be in writing with an acknowledgement by us. No verbal cancellations will be accepted.
- In the event of premature departure, the full extent of stay as originally booked and confirmed will be charged.
- Refunds and waiver of cancellation policies are at the discretion of management and the ability to re-let the suites.
1.Turn off the N14 ( Upington/Springbok) onto the R64/R359
2.Continue 20km past Augrabies/Augrabies Falls turn-off; a further 7km you will see Dundi Lodge and the Dundi Airstrip/hanger on your left.
3.Continue straight on for 20km - until the road surface becomes gravel
4.Continue straight for a further 31km straight along the dirt road - travel carefully, especially if you are not used to gravel road driving
5.You will approach a farm house, some sheds and stock pens - follow the road as it turns sharply to the right ( Signage: Schuidtdrift/Southern Farms)
6.Continue for 4km to a farm House on your right with green roof ( Sign: Schuidtdrift)
7.Turn right through the gates - Tutwa staff will be there to transfer you to the lodge which is 7km further.
Give yourself +- 50 min from Augrabies to Tutwa
Should you feel more comfortable, please feel free to stop at our sister property, Dundi Lodge and ask them to let us know that you are on your way so that we know to expect you.
We regret no children under the age of 10 years. Children from 10 years are accommodated strictly by prior arrangement, at managements discretion.
1. Children from 10 yrs are accommodated strictly by prior arrangement, at managements discretion
2. Children from 14 years and older are considered as adults and will be charged at the applicable rates.
The expansive Luxury Rooms are situated on the ground floor of the lodge offering comfortable and luxurious styled accommodation overlooking the serene Green Kalahari Plains.
The spacious Superior Rooms are situated on the second floor of the lodge, accessible by stairs and offer comfortable and luxurious styled accommodation with your own personal balcony overlooking the waterhole and beautiful bush landscape.
Between the two superior rooms is a library and private balcony for guests use.
Under a high thatched roof, the large and spacious Tutwa Annex suites are separate from the main lodge and offer comfortable and luxurious styled accommodation with your own private deck overlooking the stunning Green Kalahari Plains.
Each suite is spaciously laid out with full en-suite bathrooms, separate bath and shower, and double-doors leading to semi-private verandahs or balconies with extensive views of the surrounding wilderness and natural landscape.
Full luxury bespoke amenities are provided and room facilities include air-conditioning, fine percale linens, mosquito nets, bathrobes, hairdryers, safe, tea and coffee making facilities with homemade rusks, a minibar which can be stocked on request and bottled water.