Tuishuisie offers a luxurious alternative to the traditional hotel stay. This contemporary apartment is situated in the historic centre of the town of Stellenbosch - in the heart of the Cape Winelands.
Stylish and modern, the apartment is an extension of one of the oldest buildings in Stellenbosch Tuishuisie and offers ideal self-catering accommodation to the discerning traveler and corporate guest who require luxury and comfort in a private setting, while close to all amenities and attractions.
Set in the oak-lined Ryneveld Street, numerous quaint coffee shops, excellent restaurants, museums and other historic sites are literally on your doorstep. While central and supremely accessible, Tuishuisies location provides a surprising and peaceful retreat amid the daily bustle.
The elegant living area optimises the use of light and space with solid oak floors and large windows. Six French doors open up to a spacious patio with a wooden deck where you can lounge in the shadow of an enormous 200-year old oak tree - one of the oldest oak trees in town.
The living area includes the open plan kitchen with seating for six, and a comfy and funky couch ideal for lazy afternoons or snug winter evenings in front of a Nordic wood burning stove.
The trendy kitchen is well-appointed. It has a fridge, freezer, microwave, gas hob, electric oven, the usual electric appliances and a dishwasher. A desk with generous lighting and lockable drawers is provided for the corporate client who may need working space.
Facilities and services:
- Parking can be arranged
- Street level entrance
- Extensive security
- Air conditioning
- Wood burning stove
- En suite bathrooms
- Well-appointed kitchen
- Fully equipped washroom
- Electronic safe
- Sorry, no pets
- No smoking
Accommodation at Tuishuisie:
Rose Room (upstairs)
The main bedroom has a double bed and built-in cupboards. Double French doors open to a private balcony. The en suite bathroom has a double shower, two wash basins, heated towel rail, soothing natural light and generous ventilation. The toilet is separate.
Protea Room (downstairs)
This bedroom has a double bed and a built-in cupboard. French doors open up to a private balcony. The en suite bathroom has a spacious shower, heated towel rail, washbasin and toilet with ample lighting and ventilation.
Artichoke Room (downstairs)
This bedroom has a double bed and a built-in cupboard. French doors open up to a private balcony. The en suite bathroom has a shower, heated towel rail, washbasin and toilet with ample lighting and ventilation.
Quality linen and towels are provided in all rooms. Furnishings and dcor are modern and chic.
Please note that the rooms cannot be rented separately. If you rent the apartment you would stay in the main bedroom, the Rose room and have full use of all the facilities on the premises. If your party are more than 2, both the Protea room and the Artichoke room are available.
Stellenbosch, located in arguably the country's most famous wine-producing region, is a vibrant town enriched with great beauty, culture and tradition.
Stellenbosch is the second oldest town in South Africa and hosts a great number of historical buildings making it one of the best preserved towns in the country.
In the oak-lined streets of the town centre one can experience the easy co-existence of the architectural Cape Dutch heritage and the modern day life of a bustling rural and university town. Stellenbosch houses one of the countrys most prestigious universities, Stellenbosch University, and the campus adds undeniable zest and vitality to the town centre.
Stellenbosch boasts superb venues for open-air entertainment including music, theatre and dance during summertime in the Western Cape.
The town is alive with perfect opportunities for outdoor recreation and its stunning scenery will satisfy even the most-discerning and well-traveled outdoor enthusiast.
Activities on Tuishuisies doorstep:
- Museums to add interest to your visit
- Stellenbosch botanical garden to immerse yourself in our floristic riches
- Historical buildings to photograph and explore
- Health and fitness amenities to soothe the guilty conscience
- Restaurants to sample sumptuous local and global cuisine
- Quaint coffee shops where locals lounge
- Luxury boutiques for extensive retail therapy
- Walking trails to soothe the senses
- Mountaineering or mountain biking for the adventurous
- Wellness spas to spoil your loved ones
- Art galleries galore
Within easy reach of Stellenbosch:
- Golf or golf tours
- Wine tasting and tours
- Numerous beaches
- Spier horse trail rides
- Hiking routes in the Boland mountains
- Berry farms and vineyard cheesaries
- Le Bonheur crocodile farm
- Neighbouring towns Franschhoek and Paarl
- Wellness spas
- Nature reserves
- In the event of premature departure we may charge for the full original booking.
- Cancellation 0 to 14 days before date of arrival, or no-show – visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid.
- Cancellation 15 to 28 days before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 75% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater).
- Cancellation 29+ days before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 50% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater).
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - open)
Tuishuisie is a Self-Catering in Stellenbosch Western Cape South Africa