Stellenbosch, located in arguably the country's most famous wine-producing region, is a vibrant town enriched with great beauty, culture and tradition.
Stellenbosch is the second oldest town in South Africa and hosts a great number of historical buildings making it one of the best preserved towns in the country.
In the oak-lined streets of the town centre one can experience the easy co-existence of the architectural Cape Dutch heritage and the modern day life of a bustling rural and university town. Stellenbosch houses one of the countrys most prestigious universities, Stellenbosch University, and the campus adds undeniable zest and vitality to the town centre.
Stellenbosch boasts superb venues for open-air entertainment including music, theatre and dance during summertime in the Western Cape.
The town is alive with perfect opportunities for outdoor recreation and its stunning scenery will satisfy even the most-discerning and well-traveled outdoor enthusiast.
Activities on Tuishuisies doorstep:
- Museums to add interest to your visit
- Stellenbosch botanical garden to immerse yourself in our floristic riches
- Historical buildings to photograph and explore
- Health and fitness amenities to soothe the guilty conscience
- Restaurants to sample sumptuous local and global cuisine
- Quaint coffee shops where locals lounge
- Luxury boutiques for extensive retail therapy
- Walking trails to soothe the senses
- Mountaineering or mountain biking for the adventurous
- Wellness spas to spoil your loved ones
- Art galleries galore
Within easy reach of Stellenbosch:
- Golf or golf tours
- Wine tasting and tours
- Numerous beaches
- Spier horse trail rides
- Hiking routes in the Boland mountains
- Berry farms and vineyard cheesaries
- Le Bonheur crocodile farm
- Neighbouring towns Franschhoek and Paarl
- Wellness spas
- Nature reserves
Directions from Cape Town international airport:
- From the airport follow directions to Somerset West via the N2. Take Exit 33 for Baden Powel Rd towards Stellenbosch.
- Follow Baden Powel Rd past Spier Estate till T-junction with Adam Tas Rd. Turn right into Adam Tas Rd. Turn right into Dorp Street (Shell garage on your right). Follow Dorp Street for almost its entire length
Turn left into Drostdy Street.
- Turn immediately right into Church Street (one way street). Turn immediately left into Ryneveld Street (one way street). Destination is on your right 3 Ryneveld Street signposted Tuishuisie.