Tree Top Cottage and Safaris is located in a small coastal village on the North Coast and more than 600 species of trees and 350 bird species can be found in the area.
Mtunzini is approximately 135km’s North of Durban and 42 km’s South of Richards Bay and forms part of the most popular tourist destinations in KwaZulu-Natal.
The beach area and lagoon forms part of the uMlalazi Nature Reserve. Tree Top Cottage 1
A luxurious one bedroom cottage, sleeps two, also self catering. It has an overhead fan, DStv, a bathroom with a shower, a fully equipped kitchen & barbeque facilities.
There are large trees in the garden and birds such as the Trumpeter Hornbill, Hadidas and various other species of birds frequent it.Tree Top Cottage 3
A luxurious three bedroom, second floor, self catering cottage in our garden in Mtunzini. The spacious cottage sleeps eight, one bedroom with a double bed, one with two single beds and the third with two single beds and one bunk bed.
The kitchen is fully equipped and forms part of the open plan dining & living room. There are two bathrooms, one with a bath and the other with a shower.
The bedrooms are air conditioned and equipped with overhead fans. DSTV is also available. There is also a thatch barbeque lapa and pool.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Pets only by Arrangement
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Laundry Service
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Parking (off-street - open)
Tree Top Cottages Activities:
- The beach is popular for swimming, surfing, windsurfing, angling and other water sports.
- Limited water-skiing and good fishing in the lagoon - but crocodiles and sharks may be present at times.
- Three walking trails have been laid out in the reserve - through dune forest and mangrove swamp along the edge of the river.
- Wildflowers and a great variety of bird life can be seen.
In the area:
- Game reserves (Big Five)
- uShaka Marine World
- Ongoye & Dlinza Forests
- The Greater St Lucia Wetland Park
- Phongolo Nature Reserve(Tiger fishing and game viewing)
- Traditional culture sites
- Battlefield sites
- Deep sea fishing
- Scuba diving
Click to display the map