Thyme Spent - Stay at our fantastic apartments - part of a larger home which also offers other guest bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and so much more! There are no water issues here – we have a Borehole with filtration and reverse osmosis systems which supplies all our needs! There’s power back-up for load-shedding so all lights, Wi-Fi and TVs work when the power’s off; we have gas cookers in the large, shared kitchen on the 1st floor, if cooking is really necessary and we’re a few minutes from the beach.
The property is 100% ideal for nomad or remote workers too! Our Penthouse Apartment is 100sqm in size, has 2 double bedrooms – 1 king-size bed and 1 queen-size bed, each with their own private bathroom; a fully fitted kitchen and lounge area which opens onto a large deck area. The apartment sports spectacular 360° views of Table Mountain, the Atlantic Ocean and Durbanville Hills.
Please note: there are 3 flights of stairs to this apartment, so not suitable for older people, unless they are fit. The swimming pool is situated on the 1st floor and the parking is on ground level.
Our Studio Apartment is 33 sqm in size, has stunning views, 1 queen-sized bed, a private bathroom, a kitchen and sitting area. The studio opens onto a deck with amazing views of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean, and a splash pool facing these lovely views! Our 1-Bedroom Apartment is 66 sqm in size, has a very spacious bedroom with 1 extra-length queen-size bed with the largest bathroom in the house that has a double walk-in shower and a private toilet. This apartment has its own private deck area with a garden accessible through sliding doors just off the bedroom, and it has sliding doors which open onto the entertainment area and swimming pool which is accessible through large sliding doors just off its private lounge. It also has a full kitchen, and an open-plan lounge and dining area. Our En-suite guest bedrooms have either a queen-size bed or a king-size bed, and are situated on the 1st floor. All have private bathrooms and enjoy a very large, open-plan living area consisting of 2 lounge areas, a dining area, a guest loo, and a really large, fully equipped kitchen with scullery.
These rooms all open onto the communal outdoor entertainment area, garden, swimming pool, and firepit. The swimming pool on the 1st floor, garden and fire pit are shared, as are the lounges with TV area and dining areas. We offer complimentary breakfast cereals, tea, coffee, milk & sugar for those guests staying in our en-suite bedrooms at the pool deck on the 1st floor. For those guests staying in the apartments, they have their own TVs all connected to free Wi-Fi and Netflix.
There are breakfast cereals, tea, coffee, sugar, milk and drinking water supplied in each apartment. The apartments all have their own BBQ/braai facilities.
For the rest, we run our home on a self-catering or accommodation-only basis, as there are loads of restaurants and shops close by.
Restaurants at Marine Circle - 5 min by car:
Salt & Sage (Mediterannean) Great all day!
Homespun - Highly rated! (Nouveau cuisine) Bookings essential!
Forneria (Italian) Trecastelli (Italian) very casual - Great all day!
The Indian Chapter (Indian) Tandoori, Curries Jerry’s Burger Bar - Casual, vibey, good burgers
Restaurants directly on the beachfront at Eden on the Bay which is a 5min drive by car - the beach is called Big Bay. Eden on the Bay
Kapstadt Brauhaus (German) Craft Beer
Meze Mode (Greek) SEAT Restaurant (Mediterranean)
The Big Bay Waffle Company (Sweets/Dessert)
Restaurants - 6 mins by car
Colcacchio (Italian) - excellent pizza
Cape Town Fish Market (Fish/Seafood) Excellent sushi - fantastic views!
Melkbosstrand Restaurants - 14 mins by car
The Melkbos Kitchen (Fusion) varied menu - Highly recommended! Good food! Outstanding views!
Damhuis - Good food - varied menu - Casual - great prawns - reasonable pricing
Cafe Orca (Seafood) - Highly recommended for fish dishes!
Trattoria Maranello (Italian)
The Hart - Casual
V&A Waterfront & Cape Town City Centre - 20kms away
Table Mountain - 22kms away
Durbanville Wine Route - 16kms away
De Grendel Wine Estate - 15 kms away
Somerset West Wine Route - 57kms away
Stellenbosch Wine Route - 74 kms away
Franschhoek Wine Route - 100kms away
If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
* The cardholder & ID/Passport must be present at check-in.
* The credit card used for the online payment must be present at check-in.
* No parties
* No Loud Music
* No children allowed around the swimming pool without an adult present
* Please note that we have a dog called Cody who lives here. He is well trained, loved by everyone and super friendly.
* I give my guests space but am available when needed
* I am always available on the phone.
* Please only arrive with the amount of guests booked and paid for. Extra guests are not allowed.
* Please be conscientious, respectful & mindful of other guests living at the premises. All Guests staying at Thyme Spent are required to read and agree the following House Rules and Regulations: We have really strict noise policies, so if you’re expecting to have a party or invite people over for a fun time, OUR HOME IS NOT FOR YOU! Failure to adhere to our house rules, will result in an immediate cancellation of your reservation whether you’ve already paid or not and No refund will be applicable. We are here for guests who prefer a quiet, relaxing getaway at our beautiful home. There are many restaurants, bars and party places close by if that’s what you’re after, but no partying will be allowed in our home.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. We DO NOT allow parties of any kind
2. We DO NOT accept Group Bookings of any kind
3. We have a strict AGE policy
4. Guests should be respectful of other guests at all times
5. Noise levels should be at an acceptable level and remain considerate of other people in the house
6. If you’re having a BBQ with a couple of people, please note that noise travels, especially at night.
7. Any music / loud talking must be capped at 11pm as per local laws
8. No LOUD MUSIC / LOUD SHOUTING will be tolerated – other people also stay here
SWIMMING POOL RULES:
1. The swimming pool at Thyme Spent is unsupervised
2. There is no fence/gate surrounding the swimming pool
3. Guests swim at their own risk.
4. The owners of Thyme Spent and its staff shall not be held liable for any liability, loss of life and/or property/ legal fees/litigation costs, resulting from any and all swimming pool accidents or incidents occurring during the period of the holiday/vacation let.
5. Maintenance of the pool will be carried out prior to your check-in and as required during your stay.
1. All children including teenagers, regardless of swimming ability, should be supervised at all times by an adult that can swim.
2. Doors that open to the pool area/garden/outdoors must be kept locked at all times when an adult is not present to supervise.
3. No running or jumping around the pool area is permitted.
4. No glass items are allowed in or near the pool.
5. For sanitary purposes, we respectfully request that all children that are not potty trained, swim in swimming costumes/clean diapers.
STAIRS & DECKING:
Interior stairwell/stairs & decking around the pool/stairs & deck seating around the firepit: There are 3 flights of stairs in this home which are tiled with non-slip tiles.
1. Children must be accompanied by adults when climbing up and down these stairs at all times.
2. There are exterior decking steps leading to the garden and to seating areas around the firepit and various other outdoor areas. These do not have balustrades as they are not high off ground level, but a small child/infant could still trip or fall down the stairs or decked seating, if not accompanied at all times by an adult.
* Please rinse dishes and put them inside the dishwasher. No need to switch it on unless full. Staff will do that during the day.
* Please wipe down surfaces after cooking in order to be respectful of other guests giving them the same neat, clean area to work in that you were afforded.
* Please wash any large utensils that others might also need to use as we don’t have staff in the evenings.
* Please keep kitchens neat and tidy. Place dishes neatly next to the sink for staff to clean in the morning.
* Please treat our home and belongings with the same respect as you would your own.
I hereby confirm that:
2. I will use the swimming pool and associated facilities (decking, stairs including the internal stairwells) entirely at my own risk and waive any claim I may have against the owners of Thyme Spent and its staff arising from any injury which I may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of my own/my partner/my family’s/my friend’s use of the swimming pool or the decks/stairs.
3. I agree to never leave a child or teenager unattended on the property.
4. I understand that there is no safety fence/gate surrounding the pool.