Thornwood is an exclusive lodge, meaning you will not share with other guests. We can accommodate 6 adults and two children on stretchers. There are three bedrooms of which one villa is detached from the main lodge with a queen bed and deck. The other two bedrooms have two single beds that can be joint. All the bedrooms are on suite with outside showers.
A unique blend of luxury timber frame units fit seamlessly into the indigenous bush with an abundance of bird life and game. This luxurious villa offers guests absolute privacy with a large living area, a private pool, a private waterhole and a fully equipped kitchen, which opens up onto a large deck with a fire pit. Thornwood is rated four stars by TGCSA.
* Air conditioning
* Bathroom Amenities
* Ceiling fan
* Cleaning service
* Coffee/tea facilities
* DVD player
* Plunge pool
* Outdoor shower only
* Sitting area
* BBQ/picnic area
* Free and secure parking
* Tour sightseeing desk
* Outdoor pool
* Fully equipped kitchen
* Large deck
* Fire Pit
* Game drives
* Water activities
* Cultural excursions
* Action adventures
* Wi-Fi public areas only
Thornwood is a luxury private retreat within Kuleni Game Park. home to four different ecosystems: sand forest, grasslands, wetland and thorn scrub *Thornwood is situated in the heart of Southern Maputaland and is a neighbour to the famous Phinda Game Reserve and The Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, now a world heritage site *The Hluhluwe - Umfolozi Game Park, known for its Big 5 is right on your doorstep *Whether you are looking for game drives, water activities, cultural excursions or action adventures, there is a wide variety of activities and interesting sites to visit.
* At Thornwood you can sit and relax while giraffes, duiker, nyala, kudu, wildebeest, warthog, mongooses, serval, bush babies and many other animals visit the lodge
* There are plenty of walking trails to follow in which you will see an abundance of animals and birdlife. Guests can go on excursions in the surrounding area where they encounter: the Big 5, whales, hogging a cheetah, playing with snakes or learn about the local culture
* As Thornwood is self-catering ( B&B and Dinner B&B on special request) there are many local restaurants we can recommend. Follow the self-guided walking trails amongst an abundance of birdlife and game.
* Bring your bicycle and cycle around the park
* Have a picnic at the hide in the middle of Central Park while waiting for animals to come to the waterhole. Thornwood is registered as a Birder-Friendly Establishment with Birdlife SA.
Bring your Binoculars, camera and long pants for walking in the bush.
Warm summers and jackets for the winter months.
One villa with a queen bed, two bedrooms attached to main lodge with two single beds each.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
* Cardholder & ID/Passport must be present at check-in.
* Credit card used for the online payment must be present at check-in.
* Check in - from 14:30. Check out - 10:00.
* Minimum stay - 2 nights in High season and on weekends.
* All visitors are requested to comply with the general rules and regulations of Kuleni Game Park.
* All reservations made are subject to acceptance of our standard indemnity.
* Rates are subject to change without notice
* Credit card details will be requested on check-in in lieu of key deposit.
* Bank charge of 5% will be levied on card payments
* No Pets allowed.
From King Shaka International Airport, King Shaka Dr, La Mercy, 4407 Please note this road has tolls Get on N2 from Dube Blvd 8 min (4.5 km) Head northeast on Boulevard Rd/King Shaka Dr 23 m Keep right to continue on Boulevard Rd 1.0 km Turn left onto Dube Blvd Toll road 2.6 km Keep left at the fork and merge onto N2 Toll road 850 m Merge onto N2 Toll road 46 min (79.2 km) Follow N2 to R22 1 hr 58 min (172 km) Keep right to stay on N2 Toll road 149 km Take the exit toward R22 450 m Turn right onto R22 2.8 km At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on R22 400 m At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit and stay on R22 450 m At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on R22 800 m At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on R22 1.4 km Turn right to stay on R22 16.2 km Turn left to stay on R22 Destination will be on the left 400 m Thornwood R22 Sodwana Road, Hluhlwe, 3960
All children are welcome.