The Village Lodge
is a 3 star graded Guest House, situated in the centre of the quaint Storms River Village on the edge of the Tsitsikamma Forest, with its gate opening out on to the original old Cape Road.
This attractive place is a unique concept for the informal traveler with delightful en suite private and family rooms plus a self-catering unit for up to 5 persons.
The Guest Lounge has comfortable couches and chairs, fireplace and Satellite television. Outside is the covered BBQ area (Lapa) with a large fireplace, fully equipped cooking and scullery area, comfortable couches and a popular pool table.
Facilities and Services:
- Health breakfast included in rates
- Satellite television (lounge and all rooms)
- Free Wifi
- Information on Things to do and Places to see
- All accommodation units have en-suite bathrooms
- Servicing of all rooms and bathrooms
- Activity bookings - canopy tours, zip-lining, black-water tubing, segway tours
Accommodation at The Village Lodge:
- Loerie family room - one double and two single beds
- Dolphin family room - twin beds and a double bunk set
- Sunbird and Honey Badger double rooms, both with queen size bed
- Tsitsikamma self catering unit, open plan with 3 single beds and a double bunk set
- All the above have DSTV select, en suite bathrooms and tea and coffee facilities
With the Tsitsikamma mountains towering on the one side, the Indian Ocean crashing its waves against the unspoilt rocky shoreline on the other side – you have found it, a true piece of heaven on earth.
Tsitsikamma is the Khoi San word meaning “place of many waters”. The Tsitsikamma region stretches from the Bloukrans Bridge in the West, to Eersterivier in the East.
You can enjoy walking through the protected indigenous forest, cool your feet in a riverine or even swim in the dark waters (tanin causes the water in the rivers to display a unique dark colour). Appreciate the flora – yellow wood, hard pear and stink wood trees are a few of the “old men” of the forest, giant sword ferns and tree ferns, fynbos and oh, all the colourful watsonias!
You will find all sorts of wildlife: the ever naughty baboon, honey badgers, cape clawless otter, bushpig, bushbuck, dassie and maybe even a leopard.
Birdlife include the beautiful narina trojon, knysna loerie, oyster catcher, chorisher robin, sunbird and many more. Don’t forget the marine life, you can find the familiar bottlenose dolphin and southern right whales to name but a few.
On the doorstep – for the active:
- Segway guided forest tours (riding on a two wheeled electric wonder)
- Blackwater tubing (wild river adventure of rapids, rock jumps and long paddle pools)
- Hiking, mountain biking or guided forest walks. If you’ve got nerve and stamina – the action is on tap!
- Tree top canopy tours (gliding in a harness in the canopy of giant yellowwood trees in the forest)
A hop, skip and jump away:
- A day safari to see the African Big Stuff at a nearby game reserve
- Bungy jumping from the Bloukrans Bridge (an adrenalin rush off the highest bridge bungy jump in the world – screaming is permitted!)
- Zip-lining (harness up and launch yourself into a zigzag over the River, down a ravine and over waterfalls on a fast, 21st century Foofie Slide
Storms River Mouth:
- Boat trips up the Gorge or kayak & kloof or Scuba & Snorkel
- If you are a hiking fanatic – the Otter Trail (must be pre-booked)
- Short hike to the Suspension Bridge over the Gorge then fish & chips overlooking the waves crashing on the rocks below
- Various day hikes are available in the region
- Walk the first 6kms of the Otter Trail and back
- Alternatively, if you are looking for a few days of rest and relaxation, soaking up the peace and tranquility, with a good book, or – relaxed activities in the forest such as – woodcutters journey in comfort; birding tours with a guide; or a stroll through the forest at your own pace – the Lodge offers it all.
Had a wonderful stay, very lovely people running it. Right in the heart of a wonderful little village.
The rooms were basic. No Airton. But the view was stunning and the hosts were welcoming. The area was pleasant and very central.
Awesome place, really enjoyed my stay. Unfortunately it was only one night, wish it was longer.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
In the heart of the Tsitsikamma Forest and at the foot of Storms River Peak, Andelomi Forest Lodge offers high-quality and affordable 3-star bed & breakfast accommodation.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Centrally situated in picturesque Storms River Village, close to all local and nearby attractions, restaurants and activities in the heart of the Tsitsikamma, Swallows Nest Stormsriver Cottages offers seven individually designed spacious cottages.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (5 reviews)
Storms River Guest Lodge is located in the peaceful village of Storms River, in the heart of the Tsitsikamma, which forms part of the Garden Route. Tsitsikamma is a Khoi/Nama word meaning 'place of abundant water'.
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
Comfortable and relaxing stay for visitors to the Tsitsikamma area. On offer are 8 guest rooms, with private verandahs and en-suite bathrooms. All rooms have TV with select DSTV, ceiling fans, heaters, coffee trays and bar fridges. Mountain views.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Comfortable, tastefully decorated en suite rooms with private entrances, personal yet unintrusive hospitality, excellent South African Cuisine and one of the most beautiful settings.