Immerse yourself in the innovative setting of the new The Turbine Hotel & Spa, recreated into a luxury boutique hotel on Thesen Islands, Knysnas old power station.
The unique heritage site contains 24 exquisitely decorated bedrooms and suites, an Amani Spa to relax and rejuvenate and 2 conference venues which are ideal for meetings and exhibitions. A visit to our Island Cafe, nestled between 3 restored turbines and Thesens main canal is a must for locals and visitors alike!
Accommodation at The Turbine Hotel & Spa:
17 Standard Rooms, 6 Suites and 1 Honeymoon Suite, with breath-taking views of Thesen Islands and the Lagoon:
Standard Rooms 17
- All room with individual dcor and art
- Split King XL beds
- Flat screen 32 television plus DVD player full DVD library
- Internet connection facilities
- Original equipment display with original art
- Full bathrooms with separate bath and shower, two basins, heated towel rails
- Fully air-conditioned (heating and cooling)
- Ving card access system
- Fully stocked mini bar with fridge
- Full tea/coffee station
Suites - 5
In addition with the other rooms:-
- Sleeper) couch 4 only
- Bar and stools
Honeymoon Suite - 1
- In addition with the other rooms:-
- Lounge suite plus bar
- Ice machine
- Double shower and stand alone bath plus bidet
Lift - Disabled room and downstairs disabled bathroom
- On exiting George Airport turn right towards the N2 and at the N2 take the left slipway to Knysna.
- Drive along the N2, passing through Wilderness and Sedgefield until you reach the town of Knysna. After entering Knysna turn right at the 3rd set of traffic lights into Waterfront Drive.
- Proceed along Waterfront Drive (railway line on your right), and pass through a set of traffic lights, passing the Waterfront on your right.
- Turn right at the next set of traffic lights into Long Street (note Builders Trade on your left and Tait Marine across the road on the right hand corner).
- Proceed over the railway line and across the causeway and bridge onto THESEN ISLANDS. Once on Thesen Islands continue until the roundabout at the end of the road, here take the first exit left.
- Follow the road until you reach the stop street and cross over straight ahead. Continue on the road around the Playground and you will find the Turbine Hotel on your right hand side where we look forward to welcoming you.
Distance 71,4km, approximately 50 minute drive