The Robberg Beach Lodge now includes four luxurious villas: Cottage Pie Guest House, Cordovan Villa, Beach Head Villa and Robberg House.
Beachy Head Villa offers guests view rooms with spectacular views, an airy lounge, bar and dining area, and a sparkling private pool.
Robberg House offers guests a modern and relaxed luxurious experience with its spectacular rooftop deck and spacious rooms with all the luxuries of penthouse living and is only a stone`s throw from the beach.
Alongside Robberg House, the well-known charm and comfort of Cottage Pie overlooks a tranquil close, filled with indigenous bush and birdsong. Our courtyard suites and standard garden rooms offer a gentle escape from the world.
Lastly, set back from Beachy Head Villa, lies the peaceful and private Cordovan Villa. Offering only five suites, Cordovan Villa is a beach side sanctuary with shady garden courtyards and fresh luxury.
Just five minutes from the bustling restaurants, galleries, coffee shops and bars of Pletts Main Street, The Robberg is a tranquil beach-side haven. This understated, private retreat boasts 5-star luxury accommodation, and is ideally situated, at Robbergs beautiful Blue Flag Beach. Fly into the coastal town of Plettenberg Bay direct to the local airport, less than a ten minute drive from The Robberg. Find yourself in the popular town buzzing with excitement during the festive season.
Accommodation at Robberg Beach Lodge:
Ocean View Suites
The Robberg Beach Lodge has two Ocean View Suites in Beachy Head Villa. These rooms have wonderful sea views and spacious floor plans, with french doors opening onto a private balcony. The rooms have a bath with separate shower, twin basins, heated towel rails, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities (new Nespresso machines), as well as heating-cooling air conditioner and 40` flat-screen television.
Ocean View Room
The Ocean View Rooms at The Robberg overlook Plettenberg Bay`s blue-flag swimming beach. The first-floor room and has a large bay window with mesmerizing sea views. The second-floor room has french doors opening onto a private balcony with great sea views. All rooms have a bath with separate shower, heated towel rails, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities, as well as heating-cooling air conditioner and flat-screen television.
The View Suite at The Robberg is situated in Robberg House. The room has a view of The Robberg Nature Reserve and a partial view of Solar Beach. This spacious room can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children under 12. Features: bath with separate shower, heated towel rails, twin basins, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities (Nespresso machine) and a kitchenette, as well as heating-cooling air conditioner and 40` flat-screen television.
This room is in Robberg House, it has two balconies, one with views of The Robberg Peninsula and the other view of the indigenous garden. This spacious room has a bath with separate shower, heated towel rails, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities, as well as heating-cooling air conditioner and flat-screen television. There is only one view room at The Robberg Beach Lodge.
Our Luxury Suites have private balconies overlooking the gardens, except for one Suite in Cordovan Villa which is 2-room family Suite. These suites are all child-friendly, each with a queen-size sofa bed that can comfortably accommodate 2 children up to age 11 sharing with adults. There are 4 suites in Robberg House and 2 suites in Cordovan Villa. Robberg House has spacious floor plans and bathrooms and Cordovan have inter-leading rooms: perfect for families with older children.
The Luxury Rooms at The Robberg are located in Robberg House and Cordovan Villa. All rooms have spacious floor plans. All Double/Twin rooms have separate bath and shower. All rooms offer heated towel rails, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities, as well as heating-cooling air conditioner and flat-screen television. All rooms have king size beds, which are convertible to twins.
Our two 4* Cottage Suites are located on the first floor of the Cottage Pie building, set back from the main beach road in a quiet crescent. Both suites have very spacious floor plans and bathrooms with bath and separate shower. The Cottage Suites have cottage-style decor and wooden beamed ceilings, but offer the same modern conveniences as the other rooms.
Cottage Standard Room
Our 4* Cottage Standard Rooms are located in the peaceful Cottage Pie building, in a quiet crescent set back from the main beach road. The Standard Rooms offer a relaxed beach cottage-style decor and look onto courtyards or onto the private pool area at Cottage Pie. Standard Rooms offer shower bathrooms, with the exception of Standard Room 1 which also has a bath.
With all the luxuries of a hotel, our self-catering room has a generous open-plan living area perfect for family holidays, a stones throw from Robberg 5 blue flag beach. The main bedroom is separate to the living area and has an en-suite bathroom that includes heated-towel rails in an open plan shower and bath, with a separate toilet. The bathroom is also equipped with amenities, fresh fluffy towels and robes. The self-catering room includes heating/cooling air-conditioning and a flat-screen television with selected cable channels. The open plan kitchenette comprises of the necessities, including an oven, stove, microwave, kettle, toaster and a small fridge for your convenience. The room is serviced daily and breakfast is included in the room rate. This room is child friendly with a king-size bed and a queen-size sofa bed that can comfortably accommodate 2 children up to the age of 11, sharing with adults. If you are travelling with children, please let us know how old your children are so that we can arrange for the best accommodation arrangements for them.
- Explore the mysteries and beauty of this ancient bay, which teems with marine life, whales and dolphins, seals, sharks & pelagic birds
- We have daily trips in the Bay ranging from 1 hours and 2 hours to 3 hours
- Join us on a close encounter with marine life or just come for a cruise in our beautiful bay
- Go for an unforgettable 1 to 2 hour cruise and a short walk in the Keurbooms Nature Reserve. A definite must for the whole family - a bird lover's paradise
- Visit our free ranging primate sanctuary - Monkeyland - in the natural Tsitsikamma forest and see a wide variety of different species from around the world
- Touch and Feed the Elephants at the Elephant Sanctuary - the most southerly in the World
- Bungee Jump - The World's Highest Bridge Jump at 216 m (Bloukrans River Bridge)
- Horse Riding through the Knysna Forests
- Para-sailing in our Beautiful Bay
- Gliding - sailplane flight above the beaches
- Scenic flights - An unforgettable trip along the coastline, over the Knysna Heads and back over the indigenous forest and over the Keurbooms lagoon where one often has a bird's eye view of the seals, whales and dolphins
- Explore the Bitou River and Keurbooms River in an Indian Canoe (Bird Lovers Paradise)
- Go for a picnic up the Keurbooms River with a motorized boat
- Guided Township Tours
- Mountain Biking in the Knysna/Harkerville and Tsitsikamma Forests
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Guided Sea Canoeing & River Canoeing
- Go on a guided coastal & forest walk
- The Awesome Storms River Gorge Challenge offers an experience you'll never forget
• Cancellation 29 - 15 days prior to arrival - 50% cancellation fee is charged
• Cancellation 14 - 1 day(s) prior to arrival - 80% cancellation fee is charged
• No show - 100% cancellation fee is charged
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Fireplace on the Premises
Tourism Information Desk
Hiking / Walking Trails
The Robberg Beach Lodge is a Bed and Breakfast in Plettenberg Bay Western Cape South Africa