The Ocean Bay Luxury Guesthouse - We would like to welcome you to our four star guesthouse with our stunning suits and excellent service. In a quiet and safe setting we offer the most beautiful view of the whole of Jeffreys Bay and our guesthouse is just 900 meters away from the beautiful beach.
We offer 5 en-suite apartments all with spectacular views of the Indian Ocean, the mountains, the whole bay and our exotic garden. The property has a outdoor pool of which can be enjoyed during your stay.
There is a beautiful Garden, and Thatch Lapa to have a BBQ while being outdoors.
Facilities and Services:
* Internet Access
* Coffee/Tea Maker
* Lapa with BBQ Area
* Outdoor Pool
* Free parking
Jeffreys Bay is a world renowned, delightful holiday centre, world renowned for its safe beaches and surfing waves, with many different surf breaks, each possessing its own magic.
Jeffreys Bay’s beaches have an abundance of shells and are known for good angling. People with a real interest in nature will enjoy the recreation offered by the three nature reserves; under the management of the Cape Nature Conservation. Although small in size, they offer peace and tranquility and some hiking trails.
For hikers, there are even more trails; including the Cape St Francis Nature Reserve, Tsitsikamma Hiking Trail and the trails in the Baviaanskloof.
- Jeffreys Bay is the home of thriving handcraft industries.
- The surf culture clothing shops are synonymous with Jeffreys and all their clothes depict a scene in Jeffreys Bay.
- Other venues include surf shops, hand-crafted leather shoes, hand-crafted shell art and a craft beer brewery.
- Jeffreys is also the hub of the calamari industry of the Eastern Cape and is thus in the fortunate position of being able to supply visitors with this delicacy in abundance.
Dunes of Jeffreys Bay:
- The Gamtoos River Mouth Nature Reserve is located about 15 minutes from Jeffreys Bay. You can also walk directly from Jeffreys Bay along the beach to the Gamtoos River Mouth.
- The dunes are up to 15 meters high and the huge area makes you feel like you’re in a desert. At the Gamtoos River Mouth it is possible to rent a canoe, to fish, to swim or simply to relax on the beach. With luck you will encounter many monkeys here and from August to December the whales come into the bay.
Addo Elephant National Park:
An absolute must is the famous Addo Elephant National Park, the home of more than 400 elephants, buffalos, rhinos and many other species. The size of this nature reserve is 80 km x 30 km and it is just 90 minutes away from The Ocean Bay. The complete tour in your own car will take about 6 hours.
Tsitsikamma National park: The Tsitsikamma National Park, is a 30 km long costal district. The steep rocks are very impressive, the clear water of the Indian Ocean, the plants and animals will fill you with enthusiasm. Hiking tours are very famous here. Bungee-Jumping and the lovely Storms River are just some highlights in this breathtaking area.
Baviaanskloof: The Baviaanskloof can be reached in about 45 minutes via the N2 or R332. The huge 218,000 hectare and rugged terrain, is one of the largest nature reserves in South Africa and includes three mountain ranges and two rivers and the protected areas of Baviaanskloof, Cockscomb and Formosa. Large parts of the mountains are still untouched. 150 km, the narrow rough mountain track winds through the Baviaanskloof area. 58 species of mammals (Bushbuck, Bushpig, Cape Badger, Cape Buffalo, Cape Leopard, Cape Mountain Zebra, Chacma Baboon, Klipspringer, Kudu, Lynx, Mongoose, Mountain Hare) live in the Baviaanskloof Wilderness Area and 293 species of birds have been spotted here. And of course the baboons exists, as the name says (Baviaan), in greater numbers. There are no paved roads and you have to cross some small rivers.
Whale Watching: In 30 minutes you can reach the port of St.Francis Bay. Here you can book tours from July to November when the whales are in our bay. This is also possible in Plettenberg Bay, if the sea is not too rough. A sea safari is always special!
Beach Horse Rides: You can book a 2-3 hour ride which is about 13km long that leads from Papiesfontein to the Gamtoos River on the picturesque dunes next to the waterside. Here you can gallop through the waves of the Indian Ocean.
Schotia Private Game Reserve: The Schotia Private Game Reserve is one of our special offers. It is also 90 minutes away from Jeffreys Bay. Here, all the animals are wild. They have to hunt, nobody will feed them. You are driving with open Jeeps and with a bit of luck you can watch the lions hunting. In the evening you join the rangers for dinner in a cosy Lapa next to open fires.
Golf: One of the most beautiful golf courses is located in St. Francis Bay, St Francis Links, just a 35 minutes drive away from The Ocean Bay. We also offer special golf tours through the whole country, ask us more about this.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
Children aged between 0 and 3 stay free. Children aged between 4 and 16 pay R250.00