Nestled in the heart of prestigious Umhlanga Rocks, The Lazy Lizard Guesthouse
offers private, up market accommodation for both the holiday maker and the discerning business executive.
Towels and linen are provided and our units are serviced daily (except for weekends and public holidays). Guests have the choice of self catering or a continental breakfast in the privacy of their room.
The Lazy Lizard is very conveniently situated with easy access to the local beaches, shopping malls and many other attractions.
Umhlanga, Kwa Zulu Natal, with it’s all year round mild weather and wide variety of things to do, is a popular holiday destination for both local and international travelers and offers something for everyone.
A relaxing, pleasant break awaits you at The Lazy Lizard – we look forward to welcoming you!
Facilities at The Lazy Lizard Guesthouse:
* Double bed
* Air conditioner
* Shower en- suite
* Secure off-street parking
* Private garden patio with built in braai
* Private entrance
* 2 km from beach and village
* Self catering/continental breakfast
* Serviced daily (except public holidays/weekends)
* Fully fitted granite kitchenette (including fridge, microwave, 2 plate stove)
The Lazy Lizard is very conveniently positioned:
- 15 minutes from the airport
- 10 minutes from several world class golf courses
- 15 minutes from Durban and the International Conference Centre
- 2 km from the main bathing beach and the vibrant Umhlanga Village which offers a variety of restaurants and shops
- 2 minutes away from Gateway (the largest shopping Centre in the Southern Hemisphere)
Accommodation at The Lazy Lizard Guesthouse:
We offer private, up market accommodation. Our accommodation consists of two comfortable, one room cottages which are set apart from the main house – each has its own entrance and sliding doors opening onto a secluded patio with a built in braai.
Each cottage has a separate entrance, private garden patio with built in braai, air conditioner, DSTV, shower en-suite plus a fully fitted kitchenette.
Secure off street parking is provided. Guests can choose between self catering or a continental breakfast served in the privacy of their room.
The Lazy Lizard Guesthouse Activities:
* Sharks Board
* Whale watching
* Dolphin viewing
* Deep Sea fishing
* Snorkeling and scuba diving
* World renowned golf courses
* Horse riding – including beach rides
* Gateway Shopping Centre – the largest shopping centre in the Southern hemisphere – includes Imax,cinemas, rock climbing, go-kart track, wavehouse, games arcade
Click to display the map
The Lazy Lizard Guesthouse Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 4
Will use it for future visit, very serene area..
Rating: Reviewed by Lulama Mayedwa on 24 September 2018
We really enjoyed our stay at Lazy Lizard, the room was immaculate with all the necessary supplies. The room was also serviced daily, accept for one day whereby Wendy notified us in advance as the domestic was off sick, I found this to be so polite and Wendy even offered to clean the room which we of course declined as there was no need, Wendy really went out of her way to make our stay comfortable :). The accommodation is close to all amenities and very easy access to the beach. It also has a little garden, so one does not feel restricted. There was also a cot for my one year old son which clean and was also service daily. If you are looking for an affordable, clean and safe place to stay, I would suggest Lazy Lizard anytime. We would definitely consider staying there again. Thank you Wendy and Chris for you hospitality.
Rating: Reviewed by Lynly Dirksen over a year ago
The accommodation at Lazy Lizard was fantastic. We enjoyed it very much and we were warmly welcomed.
Rating: Reviewed by Johan Roos over a year ago
Was a comfortable stay. Owners were very friendly. It is in a well located area from the beach and to the mall.
Rating: Reviewed by Roxzanne Coppens over a year ago