The Village of Geluksburg in the Drakensberg was first conceived in 1908 but before it could be proclaimed the 1914-18 war,forced its abandonment.
The idea of a village was resurrected in the 1930`s but the outbreak of the 1939-45 war again saw its abandonment. The project finally took off in the 1980`s and Geluksburg became a unique village in the centre of the beautiful Central and Northern Drakensberg area.
Geluksburg is close to the famous " Lost Valley " of the Drakensberg which has its own place in the folklore of the Drakensberg, being the site of a " white tribe " which lived isolated from the rest of civilisation until just after the turn of the century.
Visitors to this area of the Drakensberg can find entertainment for the whole family, having the choice of many places to hike, game view, play golf or participate in many action adventures such as quad biking, horse riding and Hot Air Ballooning.
Weddings and Conferences
A well appointed Gazebo and dining room provides for a perfect setting for weddings of +/-120 people.
A Conference facility with accommodation is also available should people want to break free to somewhere to concentrate, plan, team-build, brain-storm or just build friendships and relax in tranquil surroundings.
* Quad Biking
* Hunting when available.
* Lost Valley quad and 4x4 tour.
* Mountain Biking (bring your own bikes)
* Tintwa and Middledale Pass scenic drive.
* Walks, Bird-watching(134 species in the area)
* Bezuidenhout's Pass (4 x 4 or 4 x 2 with Dif. Lock) route
* Off road bike trails, Bezuidenhout Pass and Middledale Pass.
* Training for Mountain bike competitions up Middledale Pass with it's hair-pin bend.
* Kwaggashoek Game Ranch Drives with Giraffe,hippo,Wart-hog and many more rare species.(+/- 15 kms from Geluksburg).
The Homestead is a 24 roomed Guest Lodge in the Drakensberg, based on an English Country Inn.
It has standard en-suite bedrooms and family units(two bedrooms with one bathroom)priced to suite the budget of the younger family, as well as air-conditioned de-luxe rooms.
The Executive suite with it's Four Poster bed, spa bath and double shower is also suitable for a Honeymoon couple.