You will find the The Hogsback Inn nestled among the trees in the Amathole mountains, drawing its name from the village that has grown from its bosom.
As Hogsback has grown, so too has The Hogsback Inn we now boast a wonderful, modern restaurant, a ladies bar (open to non-residents), a state-of-the-art kitchen, a fantastic conference centre and not to mention some of the most luxurious accommodation around.
We have kept the country charm and elegance that has made us a local landmark. Our old English-style Tavern and Inn offer an olde world feel steeped in history and tradition. Beautiful trees and mountain walks, clean air and tranquility so many reasons to visit, only one place to stay!
Restaurant at The Hogsback Inn:
Our Restaurant and Yellowwood ladies bar are recent additions to The Historic Hogsback Inn; adding an air of sophistication to our classic country charm and elegance.
Come and enjoy a quiet drink in a beautifully crafted bar before and after your dinner. All guests are treated to our delicious country-style cooking in either the main dining room (in-house guests) or in the cosy pub area (outside guests).
- Breakfast: 08:00 am 10:00 am
- Lunch: 12:00 pm 15:00 pm
- Supper: 18:00 pm 20:00 pm
We are open from 11 am every day until close.
The Hogshead Tavern is situated in the heart of the Inn and has long been one of the main meeting points in Hogsback. The charm and character of this old English pub, combined with our warm and friendly service will always warm your heart. We have two open fires to keep the chill off even the coldest Hogsback evening.
Conferencing at The Hogsback Inn:
- Our Conference Centre can cater for up to 140 delegates
- Meals can be supplied (as required)
- Accommodation is available (if required)
- The Conference Centre is equipped with an overhead projector and screen. A microphone is also available (should this be required)
- Various seating plans available to accommodate your exact needs
- Both our Tavern and Restaurant is in close proximity
- The Hogsback Inn offers a perfect location for both conference and business meetings
At Hogsback Inn we can offer you the wedding of a lifetime set in the splendor of the Amathole Mountains.
You can choose to have your wedding ceremony in our lovely and prestigious gardens framed by the mountains with the backdrop of a stream running through. Alternatively, you may wish to use St. Patricks-on-the-Hill Chapel which is situated a short drive through the village.
Our basic wedding reception package includes:
- The hire of the venue (Banquet hall or Conference Hall)
- Garden location for your photo session
- The use of our bar The Tavern (Cash or Tab bar available)
- Honeymoon Suite for the Wedding couple (including breakfast)
St Patricks Chapel
The Labyrinth @The Edge
The Magnificent Mirror Garden
- Less than 7 days prior to arrival, the full deposit is forfeited
- 8 to 14 days prior to arrival, 75% of the deposit is forfeited
- 15 to 21 days prior to arrival, 50% of the deposit is forfeited
- 22 to 28 days prior to arrival, 25% of the deposit is forfeited
* Main Road, Hogsback.
From Port Elizabeth:
- Take the N2 to Grahamstown by-pass it and travel for 5kms, then pick up the R67 to the left which will towards Fort Beaufort.
- From fort Beaufort follow the R63 to Alice. Four kilometres past Alice, (just after Fort Hare University), you will see a road sign that reads - Cathcart via Hogsback - this is the R345 The main road through Hogsback.
- The hotel is situated on the left, exactly 30km from the turn-off. The last 3kms are gravel.
Pumba’s place is our backpackers style accommodation. For those travelers who wish to reserve their budget for experiences rather than thread count. The room has 1 double bed and has access to a shared bathroom, kitchen and lounge within Pumba’s Place.
Pumba’s Place is our backpackers style accommodation. For those travelers who wish to reserve their budget for experiences rather than thread count. The room has 2 single beds and has access to shared bathroom, kitchen and lounge facilities.
Double Bed & single bed with electric blanket, coffee and tea making facilties, en-suite bathroom and comfortably furnished.
Hotel rooms with en-suite bathrooms. Coffee and tea making facilities. Comfortably furnished.
Popular with our Honeymooners, this Suite is exquisitely furnished, has a fireplace in the lounge area, double shower and a spa bath, bar fridge, tea & coffee facility & round corner table with two chairs There is underfloor heating and an electric blanket on the 4-poster bed.
A suite with a kingsize bed with electric blanket, a wood fireplace situated in the lounge area, bar fridge, a spa bath and separate double shower. Tea and coffee making facilities. Overlooking our beautiful river view and pool area.
This unit has 3 bedrooms (1 x double bed and other two rooms has 2 x single beds). Main en-suite with a second bathroom. Open plan kitchen and living area. Outside deck with braai area. Comfortably furnished. Bring own swimming towels.
A beautiful warm room with 2 x 3/4 beds, each with their own electric blanket, bar fridge, a luxurious twin bath and separate shower. This suite is situated next to our flowing stream and natural forest.
A suite, consisting of a 4-poster super king size bed with electric blanket. A fireplace in the beautifully decorated lounge, bar fridge, a Victorian Slipper bath and double shower. Situated overlooking our flowing stream and natural forest.
A suite with a super kingsize slay bed with electric blanket, a wood fireplace situated in the centre of the room, bar fridge, tea & coffee facility, a spa bath and separate shower. Situated next to our flowing stream and natural forest.
A classic room with a super king size slay bed with electric blanket, a wood fireplace situated in the centre of the room, bar fridge, a spa bath bath and separate shower. Overlooking our flowing stream and natural forest
2 x single beds each with their own electric blanket, an en-suite bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities. Comfortably furnished.