You will find the The Hogsback Inn nestled among the trees in the Amathole mountains, drawing its name from the village that has grown from its bosom.
As Hogsback has grown, so too has The Hogsback Inn we now boast a wonderful, modern restaurant, a ladies bar (open to non-residents), a state-of-the-art kitchen, a fantastic conference centre and not to mention some of the most luxurious accommodation around.
We have kept the country charm and elegance that has made us a local landmark. Our old English-style Tavern and Inn offer an olde world feel steeped in history and tradition. Beautiful trees and mountain walks, clean air and tranquility so many reasons to visit, only one place to stay!
The Hogsback Inn accommodation:
Self Catering 4: 2 bedrooms and a shared bathroom. One bedroom has a double bed; the second has 2 x single beds. Ideal for a family of 4.
Self Catering 6: 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. One bedroom has 1 x double bed; Bedrooms 2 and 3 both have 2 x single beds.
Grand Elm Suite: A suite, consisting of a 4-poster king-size bed, a fireplace, a Victorian Slipper bath & twin shower. Situated right next to our flowing stream.
Silver Birch: Suite A classical room consisting of a king-size slay bed, a fireplace situated in the centre of the room and a Spa bath. Situated next to our flowing stream.
Maple Suite: A classical room consisting of a king-size slay bed, a fireplace situated in the centre of the room and a Spa bath. Situated next to our flowing stream.
Chestnut Suite: An ethnic room consisting of 2 x 3/4 beds with bath. Situated next to our flowing stream.
French Oak Suite: Often referred to as our Bridal Suite. Exquisitely furnished, this Suite has a 4-poster bed, a double shower and a Spa bath. There is underfloor heating and electric blankets. A fireplace can be found in the lounge area. The perfect honeymoon destination.
Marula Suite: Comfortably furnished, this Suite has a king-size bed, a shower and a Jacuzzi bath. Electric blanket and indoor fireplace for those chilly evenings. Sliding doors open up to a very spacious garden area.
Double Room: This comfortably furnished room has a double bed (with electric blankets), a heater, DStv, tea and coffee facilities and en-suite bathroom.
Twin Room: This comfortably furnished room has 2 x twin beds (with electric blankets), heaters, DStv, en-suite bathroom with shower and bath.
Restaurant at The Hogsback Inn:
Our Restaurant and Yellowwood ladies bar are recent additions to The Historic Hogsback Inn; adding an air of sophistication to our classic country charm and elegance.
Come and enjoy a quiet drink in a beautifully crafted bar before and after your dinner. All guests are treated to our delicious country-style cooking in either the main dining room (in-house guests) or in the cosy pub area (outside guests).
- Breakfast: 08:30 am 10:00 am
- Lunch: 13:00 pm 15:00 pm
- Supper: 19:00 pm 21:00 pm
We are open from 11 am every day until close.
The Hogshead Tavern is situated in the heart of the Inn and has long been one of the main meeting points in Hogsback. The charm and character of this old English pub, combined with our warm and friendly service will always warm your heart. Come and enjoy a meal or a drink with some of the locals and visitors alike. We have two open fires to keep the chill off even the coldest Hogsback evening.
Meals are served every day in our Tavern:
- Lunch: 12 - 2.30 pm (Monday Saturday)
- Evening Meals: 6.30 - 8.30 pm (All week)
* We permit smoking in our Tavern
Conferencing at The Hogsback Inn:
- Our Conference Centre can cater for up to 140 delegates
- Meals can be supplied (as required)
- Accommodation is available (if required)
- The Conference Centre is equipped with an overhead projector and screen. A microphone is also available (should this be required)
- Various seating plans available to accommodate your exact needs
- Both our Tavern and Restaurant is in close proximity
- The Hogsback Inn offers a perfect location for both conference and business meetings
At Hogsback Inn we can offer you the wedding of a lifetime set in the splendor of the Amathole Mountains.
You can choose to have your wedding ceremony in our lovely and prestigious gardens framed by the mountains with the backdrop of a stream running through. Alternatively, you may wish to use St. Patricks-on-the-Hill Chapel which is situated a short drive through the village.
Our basic wedding reception package includes:
- The hire of the venue (Banquet hall or Conference Hall)
- Garden location for your photo session
- The use of our bar The Tavern (Cash or Tab bar available)
- Honeymoon Suite for the Wedding couple (including breakfast)
- Less than 7 days prior to arrival, the full deposit is forfeited
- 8 to 14 days prior to arrival, 75% of the deposit is forfeited
- 15 to 21 days prior to arrival, 50% of the deposit is forfeited
- 22 to 28 days prior to arrival, 25% of the deposit is forfeited
* Main Road, Hogsback.
From Port Elizabeth:
- Take the N2 to Grahamstown by-pass it and travel for 5kms, then pick up the R67 to the left which will towards Fort Beaufort.
- From fort Beaufort follow the R63 to Alice. Four kilometres past Alice, (just after Fort Hare University), you will see a road sign that reads - Cathcart via Hogsback - this is the R345 The main road through Hogsback.
- The hotel is situated on the left, exactly 30km from the turn-off. The last 3kms are gravel.