The George Hotel and Conference Centre is built on the site of the British Residential Commissioner, Sir Charles Saunders`s residency. Originally Tavernors then The Provincial Hotel.
The land was aquirred in 1896 and the present hotel built in 1906 adjacent the Great 300 ha Dlinza Forest.
The Hotel during the mining boom of the 1920s, was operated as a Stock Exchange for four months. This Hotel has been through the Bambata Rebellion, Union, Apartheid era and now part of the changing new South Africa.
Ideal base to have the complete "101 Things to do in Eshowe". We are close to beaches, big five, Anglo Zulu and Zulu battlefields Route, Zululand Birding Route, KZN Brew Route, Great Five Forests, Zululand Historical museum, Vukani collection, Mbongolwane wetlands, Shakaland, Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift.
There are over eight beautiful fully represented churches in Eshowe which makes it a great wedding venue. The George Hotel can cater for a wedding reception of up to 90 guests.
Facilities at the George Hotel and Conference Centre:
* 3 Conference Rooms and Wedding Facilities
* Cordon Blau Restaurant - The Quarters
* The Happy George Pub
* A large veranda with a coffee shop (Cafe Zulu) where we also serve breakfast
* Large swimming pool
* On site micro-brewery - The Zululand Brewery
* Laundry facilities
* Secure parking
* 24 hours access
* Close to shops, banks and Post Office
* Television and DSTV Satellite
* BBQ facilities
* Tour operator Zululand Eco-Adventures
* Travel Agent Elite Travel
* Resident historian
* On the regular Baz Bus route (Johannesburg-Swaziland Durban and Dbn-Swaziland-Jhb)
* Bird Guides
* Durban Airport transfers.
* Medicinal garden
A full English Breakfast is served and a early breakfast can be arranged.
Accommodation at The George Hotel and Conference Centre:
Original 100 years old Victorian design hotel rooms with Oregon pine floors and doors, newly renovated, air conditioning and television with DSTV.
Rooms 1 15
* 5 Standard size twin bedrooms en suite
* 6 Queen / Twin Rooms en suite
* 2 Double rooms en suite
* 1 Family room with Queen & 1 Single
Our John Dunn wing is loaded with wonderful contemporary Zulu art and history. These have been designed and decorated by Peter Engeblom and top KZN decorators.
Rooms 16 - 26
* 2 Standard double bedroom with a Queen / Twin bed and en suite bathroom.
* 4 Triple room with double bed and single en-suite bathroom
* 2 Delux single rooms
* 2 Standard size twin bedrooms with showers and baths.
* 1 Family room of 2 twins and one double
Cultural Experiences and events:
- Traditional Zulu Ceremonies
- Dlinza Forest Arial Boardwalk
- Eshowe Hills Golf Estate
- Prawnshack, Museums and History
- Battlefield Tours
- Cultural Villages
- Nature Reserves Forests Dams
- Big Five
- Upliftment projects
- Wetlands and Crafts
- 4 X4 Trails
- Amatikulu Nature Reserve
- Tugela Valley
- Township Tours
- Songs Dance and Drums of Zululand
- Old Gold Mines
- Brewery & Restaurant
- Local Artists
Rooms and Units Available:
Newly renovated en suite rooms offering Air Conditioning / Fans with coffee / tea facilities
Sleeps 2 Adults
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Bar on the Premises
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - open)
Tourism Information Desk
Xhosa / Zulu
Communal Satellite TV
- Cancellation fees will be deducted accordingly if bookings are cancelled after confirmation
- No shows - 100% of reservation value less any deposit paid
- Mid reservation cancellation - 100% of value of remaining nights less any deposit paid
- Cancellation of booking - 50% deposit are non-refundable
* Go north up the N2 highway passed the Umhlanga, Ballito, Stanger and Mandini off ramps.
* You will see that the bridges over the freeway become numbered starting at 18 counting downwards.
* Once you have gone under bridge 9 take the Dokodweni Toll Plaza turnoff to Eshowe, Ulundi and Ging.
* Eshowe is 20 minutes up the hill. Once you are in town just follow the signs to The George Hotel.
* 36-38 Main Street, Eshowe
Click to display the map