The Blades Hotel is an exclusive hotel situated on a 10 hectre expanse of untamed Bushveld. Built on the banks of the Roodeplaat dam, The Blades offers a unique combination of indigenous vegetation, landscaping and water-front luxury.
Roodeplaat Dam and the surrounding Dinokeng Tourism region provides a myriad of activities, from game viewing and bird watching to a wide range of water sports including rowing, canoeing and fishing. Bird watchers are treated to some 230 different species of indigenous birds.
Tours and day-trips can be arranged to visit near-by attractions. The world-famous Cullinan diamond mine is a mere 25 minutes drive away and the area is dotted with game reserves.
The owners of The Blades Hotel are all members of the Old Edwardian Boat Club. After years of passionate planning it has been their vision to create a waterfront haven. This passion and personal commitment is palpable at The Blades.
When we welcome you at The Blades we do so with unrivalled dedication and genuine hospitality.
Accommodation at The Blades Hotel:
The Blades Hotel has on offer a wide variety of room types. All suites are north-facing, with breathtaking views of Roodeplaat Dam and its surrounding indigenous vegetation.
The feel of our suites is one of secluded, tranquil bushveld luxury. All rooms exude warmth and elegance. The interiors are stylish and understated, with rich earth tones and hints of regatta colours. Central fireplaces add to the ambience of bushveld romance.
All rooms are equipped with satellite television, bar fridge, coffee bar, electronic safes, climate control, telephones and hairdryers.
Executive Suite bathrooms are designed semi open-plan to create cosy, yet secluded intimacy. Fresh cotton towels and exclusive Charlotte Rhys toiletries are provided.
Our aim is to provide comfort and luxury. We are happy to accommodate special requests.
Rooms and Units Available:
These suites each have their own fireplace and open plan bath with a double hand basin and large shower area.
Amount of similar units: 12
Sleeps 2 Adults
Family Room Luxury Room
These are larger units with 2 Double bedrooms and are wheelchair friendly. Chalets are complete with baths
Amount of similar units: 2
Sleeps 2 Adults
Luxury Double Room
Very spacious double rooms on the ground floor or 1st floor overlooking our own dam and bushveld, all complete with bath
Amount of similar units: 32
Sleeps 2 Adults
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Bar on the Premises
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - covered)
Xhosa / Zulu
Communal Satellite TV
DVD and/or VCR
- Failure of the customer to arrive, or cancellations made 0 to 14 days prior to the agreed arrival date forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- Cancellations made 15 to 28 days prior to the agreed arrival date forfeit 75% of the deposit or 25% of the booking quote value, whichever the greater.
- Cancellations made 29 days or more prior to the agreed arrival date forfeit 50% of the deposit or 25% of the booking total, whichever is the greater.
From Johannesburg and OR Tambo:
- Travel on north towards Pretoria and then follow the N1 north towards Polokwane until you reach Exit 152 Zambezi Drive / Cullinan / Wonderboom
- Take the Zambezi exit and proceed through the Toll Gate. Turn right at the traffic lights into Zambezi Drive. Drive under the highway and straight through the traffic lights.
- Approximately 1.2 km later, proceed through the second set of traffic lights over Moloto Road (There will be a large shopping centre on your left). After about 700 m find a fourway stop and turn left into Kameeldrift Road.
- Follow this road for 6 km until the tar road becomes dirt (shortly after driving under the railway bridge). The Blades is 300m from the bridge, on the left hand side.
Click to display the map