Nestled within a rugged, mountainous terrain is a place of happiness. The Lodge`s quiet, farm atmosphere offers sanctuary from the glow and buzz of the city - the perfect oasis for balancing the mind, body and soul.
The African-style architecture unfolds within 600 hectares of native surroundings to create a welcoming environment. Dinner and breakfast is served on the front porch of the main house.
The porch can easily be converted into a closed room if need be.
We have the most beautiful evenings in Oudtshoorn and our porch offers the perfect setting for romantic candlelight dinners beneath the stars!
The kitchen often bustles with people exchanging ideas, tips and enjoying sneak tastings. Intimate dinners for small groups can be served in the dining room. Our lounge is a lovely social gathering area with a full bar and big screen TV.
- Learn more about ostriches
- Quad Bike Rides
- Birdlife & plants
- Cango Caves
- Cango Wildlife Ranch
- Meerkkat Magic
More to do:
- Ostrich Show Farms
- Game Drives
- Swartberg Adventures
- Scenic Drives
- Wine Routes
- Stompdrift Dam
- CP Nel Museum
- Breathtaking variety of natural flora
- Great Restaurants
From Oudtshoorn travel towards De Rust along the R 62
- Drive 20km.
- You will see Dysselsdorp on your right.
- Drive just past the Dysselsdorp turnoff.
- On the left you will see the Vergelegen turnoff.
- Turn left into the Vergelegen Road.
- Go over the little red railway bridge and you are now on a gravel road
- Don't drive more than 2km on the gravel road otherwise you will miss us.
- Drive past 5 old farmhouses on the right hand side.
- You should now see our sign at the entrance and the cottages on the right - they are all brown.
- Turn right at this little road - the main farmhouse, where you need to check in, is just below on your right.
Natural, rustic finishes offer a distinct African flair to the 12 en-suite rooms. The rooms are build as 6 double cottages with two rooms each - you have the choice to interact with everyone or be completely private. Each room has its own intimate porch with breathtaking views of the Swartberg Mountains. Beds are easily converted to twin or kingsize, depending on your requirements.
Enjoy the comforts of home with:
- TV1, TV2, TV3
A selection of DVD's is also available for your viewing on the big screen at the main house. Bathroom basins were handmade adding a unique touch to the rustic finishes.