2000 acre private Game and Cattle Ranch nestled below and incorporating 2.5 km of the cliffs, Kloofs and the mountain forest of the Magaliesberg. Thaba Manzi Ranch is a venue where you can truly escape from the city life.
Come experience the wonder of multi-coloured indigenous Nguni Cattle and Pedi Sheep, sharing grazing with Haartebeest, Eland, Gemsbok, Nyala, Zebra, Blesbok and graceful Giraffe as they did in olden times.
Enjoying an evening braai where the back-ground music is the sounds of the bush and the calls of the Jackals.
Or for the more active, we offer horse trails, hikes and climbs in the mountains and game viewing on numerous internal cycle and walking trails.
Well appointed Self-Catering Cottages accommodating from 2 to 4 people comfortably, handling a total of 12 people sharing.
Individually furnished each cottage is uniquely designed with Victorian slipper baths and double showers. They all have fully equipped kitchens, as well as their own braai areas. There is a shared pool area.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you.
- R200 refundable key deposit payable on arrival.
- minimum stay of 2 nights over weekends.
- there are no televisions
Accommodation at Thaba Manzi Ranch:
Peacock and Lavender are two one bedroom cottages with comfortable sleeper couches in the lounge area that sleep four persons each and overlook the pool and the Magaliesberg.
Loerie and Lilac are two large studio (sleep two) traditional farm style cottages with a covered stoep and stunning mountain views down at the main Homestead.
All the cottages have double showers, Victorian slipper baths, fully equipped kitchen/ette with microwave and stove, covered stoep and braai areas. All bedding and bathroom linen are provided.
Spectacular views of our own stretch of the Magaliesberg are guaranteed to make your stay unforgettable.
- Chill Out and De-Stress
- Swimming Pool
- Scenic Walks
- Horse Trails (at a charge; various trails; can also bring own horse)
- Cattle Drives (at a charge; usually Sunday mornings)
- Game Viewing (on foot guests are free to hike and walk all over the ranch, or horseback during one of our guided trails, cycling enthusiasts may roam the entire ranch free on their own bikes)
Check in time is between 14:00 pm and 17:00. No check ins taken after 18:30 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. Its best to arrange arrival before 18h30. If you are not able to arrive prior to 18h30, or if check in is later than 19H00 your booking will be forfeited.
- Take 14th Avenue off ramp. Turn right at Robot. Go under both highways and turn right at Robots onto Hendrik Potgieter (M47) (Hyperama on left and Hill Fox Power Centre on right)
- 14 Km, cross over fourway intersection. Road becomes the N14 (Pinehaven Sasol Garage on left). 9,7 Km, turn right at T-Junction (Oak Tree Zennex Garage will be in front of you).
- 700 metres turn left at Ventersdorp sign. 10 Km, turn right at fourway stop onto R24 Rustenburg. Continue straight past Tarlton Race track.
- After passing the Corri Loch Wedding Venue, cross over Magalies River Bridge. After crossing over the railway line at the entrance to Magaliesburg (Wimpy on left) turn right at the BP Garage leaving Nicks Caf on your left.
- About 200m further down the road turn right into the Valley Lodge entrance. Turn left into the first dirt road and follow dirt and concrete road, over small bridge and turn right into the entrance to Kwa Manzi drive up to the top and N/B Please ring the cow bells!!! Don't just walk in to the garden as there are dogs there.
N/B Please close the gates when you enter the property as the horses walk around freely.