Swell Eco Lodge South Africa offers self-catering accommodation (catering on request) in the Transkei, Wild Coast, ideal for couples, groups and families. Set within the rolling hills of Mngcibe (North side of the Mdumbi River), we invite you to enjoy pure relaxation and fun while supporting a green way of life.
Spectacular sea views, jumping whales, roaming cattle and a view of rural life in this wonderful village is only a part of your holiday experience. We offer many activities for those who want to be a bit more active and explore the pristine beaches, rivers and ocean.
Our lodge is made up of traditional Rondavel structures which blend into its beautiful surroundings and our interiors are modern, calming and artistic.
We offer the best day tours of the Wild coast leaving you with an unforgettable experience, with our local knowledge, unique locations, comfortable vehicle, tasty snacks and friendly professional guides, you do not want to see the Wild Coast any other way.
Join us now for a South African holiday with a personal touch you will never forget.
Accommodation at Swell Eco Lodge:
Swell Eco Lodge offers exclusive Transkei Wild Coast accommodation with modern stylish interiors and traditional Xhosa exteriors. Our newly renovated lodge offers self-catering (catering on request - no restaurant on-site) accommodation, ideal for couples, groups and families who want to experience the true beauty of the Wild Coast while enjoying the comforting luxuries everyone deserves on holiday. The lodge consists of 1 Sea facing Honeymoon/Family unit, 3 Sea facing Duplex units each consisting of 2 rooms and 2 Garden View Rondavels.
This unit truly is luxury accommodation in the Transkei, with a gorgeous, spacious upstairs loft bedroom that has an incredible view of the ocean and surrounding landscape. The downstairs consists of a second bedroom and a shared bathroom that has a double shower. The open plan kitchen/living area is spacious with French doors opening out onto a large deck to relax on. This unit is done out in a stylish design that incorporates both modern and antique finishes and boasts the best view of the lodge.
Luxury Family / Honeymoon Rondavel:
- Each bedroom has a king sized bed (or 2 single beds)
- There is one double sleeper couch in this unit.
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen equipped with a side by side electric Fridge/Freezer and gas oven/stove.
- This unit has a webber braai which can be used to cook on the deck.
Sea Facing Duplex Rooms/Units:
- These sea facing units have remarkable Transkei sea views with large decks to unwind on and spacious, modern rooms to relax.
- The kitchen / living areas are open plan and beautifully designed with a modern concrete finish.
- Each unit consists of 2 en-suite bedrooms that are rented separately and share a kitchen living area.
- Each bedroom has a king sized bed (or 2 single beds) as well as a double sleeper couch.
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen equipped with a gas oven/stove, electric chest freezer and fridge.
- Each unit has its own braai area.
Gargen View Rondavels:
- These 2 rooms are our original Rondavels with spacious open plan interiors that face a North Westerly direction and open onto a garden area.
- The large detached kitchen has a picture perfect Transkei sea view and a large living area.
- These 2 Rondavels have en-suite bathrooms.
- The kitchen is shared between the 2 Rondavels.
- Each bedroom has a king sized bed (or 2 single beds) and extra single beds if needed.
- Fully equipped detached self-catering kitchen with a gas oven/stove, electric chest freezer and fridge.
- Webber braai available for outside use.
Swell Eco Lodge Tours leave you with an unforgettable experience, with our local knowledge, unique locations, comfortable vehicle, tasty snacks and friendly professional guides, you donâ€™t want to see the Wild Coast any other way.
We offer tours to Hole in the Wall, Hluleka Nature Reserve, Mapuzi Caves as well as tours such as sundowners, learn to fish, Hiking, Horse Riding, Kayaking and more.
- 60 to 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge, 75% of the full amount if the entire booking is cancelled or 75% of the revenue relating to the cancelled rooms
- 30 to 0 days prior to arrival at the lodge, 100% of the full amount if the entire booking is cancelled or 100% of the revenue relating to the cancelled rooms, unless the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of the original confirmation of the reservation.