Swartberg Country Manor is nestled on the farm "Voorbedacht" situated in the Cango Valley at the foot of the world-renowned Swartberg Pass.
The picturesque panoramic view of the Swartberg Mountains will bring comfort to anyone that wants to "get away from it all" and simply soak up the peace of its tranquil surroundings.
Meals are served in our spacious lounge or on the "stoep" (veranda) overlooking the spectacular Swartberg Mountains.
For those exquisite warm summer days, traditional South African delicacies will be prepared outside on open fires next to the swimming pool, along with refreshing beverages served from the bar.
"Voorbedacht" farm is a working farm, which offers our guests the unique opportunity to explore and experience the true essence of subsistence farming in the Little Karoo.
Daily walks on the farm allow guests to experience the peace and serenity of this beautiful valley. While for the more "wild at heart" mountain bikes are available, to explore the more rugged terrain.
- Swartberg Country Manor is the perfect central destination from which many other places of interest can be accessed.
- Among these are the world-renowned Cango Caves, (19km) which is a must for any first time visitor to our region, as well as the Congo Ostrich and Crocodile farms (39 km).
- Oudshoorn offers interesting historical buildings of which one is "Arbeidsgenot" the original residence of the celebrated writer C.J. Langenhoven.
- Impressive sandstone buildings bare witness to the flourishing ostrich farming industry of a bygone era that esteemed Oudshoorn as the then Ostrich capital of the world.
- Take Baron van Reede Street and head towards the Cango Caves.
- This road will take you past the Cango Ostrich Show Farm as well as the Cango Wildlife Ranch through Schoemanspoort until you pass Wilgewandel Holiday Resort on your right. (Approx 30km out of town).
- Take the first road left indicated as the "Prince Albert" turn-off and continue along this road for approximately 12 km where you will find the last turn-off left before ascending the Swartberg Pass.
- The turn-off is indicated as the " Calitzdorp / Matjiesrivier " turn-off.
- Travel another 4 km until you find the entrance to Swartberg Country Manor on your right marked by a guest entrance sign as well as three flags.
Swartberg Country Manor offers 14 comfortable en-suite guest rooms housed within the 2 original farmhouses that have been beautifully restored.
The Main House: The Main House offers 9 comfortable en-suite guest rooms with a lounge, dining room and bar facility. The dining room extends onto the original farmhouse "stoep" (veranda), which offers breathtaking views of the Swartberg Mountains.
Main House M2 offers a King Size bed with en-suite bathroom with a shower and Bath. Main House M1 & 4 have both double beds and en-suite bathrooms with a shower. Main House M3 & M8 each have Twin beds and en-suite bathrooms with a shower.
Historical House: This historical dwelling offers 5 enchanting en-suite guest rooms, overlooking a fig orchard with magnificent mountain views.
Every effort has been made to retain the original "look and feel" of the farmhouse, with its "Brooky lace", wooden floors and ceilings, adding timeless ambiance to the character of this little piece of history.
Historical House 1 & 2; these two rooms are luxury rooms with twin beds. En-suite bathroom with showers. Historical House 3, is a luxury room with a Queen size bed. En-suite bathroom with shower.
Cottage: The Cottage is ideal for honeymooners. It is secluded and it also has its own deck and an inside Fireplace. En-suite bathroom and an out-side shower.
Situated in close proximity of both the Main and Historical Houses is the pristine swimming pool which offers invigorating relief from those hot summer days.