Situated on the edge of the Waterworld Lake, the newly refurbished Sun City Cabanas hotel offers value-for-money holiday accommodation that is relaxed and family-friendly.
Top reasons to stay at Sun City Cabanas:
- Choose from 24 standard lake-facing rooms, 120 standard twin rooms, 32 family lake-facing rooms, 201 family standard rooms and 3 paraplegic rooms.
- Most of the rooms at the Sun City Cabanas have views of the lake, or open up onto tropical gardens of the hotel.
- Spend time in the sun with the family at the large outdoor pool, or let the little ones splash in the kiddies pool.
- Enjoy a cocktail from the pool bar or order lunch from the snack bar.
- Take a stroll down to the lakeside beach at Waterworld, where you can jet ski, water ski, parasail, or catch a sunset cruise.
- Let your children be entertained at Kamp Kwena or play a round of mini golf.
- The Sun City Casino is a 5-minute walk away, located at the neighbouring Sun City Hotel.
- The Sun City Cabanas hotel is also the ideal base from which to explore the rest of what Sun City has to offer. Catch the free resort shuttle that runs past the Cabanas every 15 minutes to spend the day at the Valley of Waves or let the kids play arcade games or watch a movie at the Entertainment Centre.
Weekend Stays: A minimum of 2 nights stay is required over weekends, i.e. Friday and Saturday night. Requests for Thursday and Friday or Saturday and Sunday night stays will be evaluated and is subject to availability.
Accommodation at Sun City Cabanas:
No other resort in South Africa has as wide a variety of accommodation options as Sun City. If you’re looking for unsurpassed 5-star luxury, something to suit the whole family, or your own comfortable unit away from the crowds – we’ve got everything you need.
A complimentary buffet breakfast is served at the Palm Terrace restaurant daily.
- Free WiFi in reception area
- 24-hour reception desk
- ATM on site
- Luggage storage
- On-site parking
- Free bus shuttle service in resort
- Outdoor pool
- Designated smoking areas
- Smoking and non-smoking rooms
- Unlimited free access to Valley of Waves
STANDARD ROOM SERVICES
- Buffet breakfast included
- Complimentary access to Valley of Waves
- Ironing and laundry service (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
STANDARD ROOM FEATURES
- Flat screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Universal plug points (voltage 220/240V)
- Air conditioning
- Laptop safe
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Balcony or patio
- Lake or garden views
Dining & Bars at Sun City Cabanas
Everyday full breakfast buffet in family environment. Dinner buffet with different themed menu every night. Supervised kids play area during service time. Live entertainment on Tuesdays and Sundays. The restaurant remains open daily for breakfast from 06h30 to 11h00.
Pool Bar at Sun City Cabanas
Situated on a terrace overlooking the swimming pool, light snacks served. Dress: Casual
Treasure Island Snack Bar at Sun City Cabanas
Serves sandwiches and snacks. Open daily
Both a large swimming pool and a childrens pool with a lifeguard in attendance daily.
Children can enjoy facilities such as mini-golf, mini cars, bumper boats, trampolines and fully equipped childrens playground on the lakeshore of the Cabanas lawns.
Finders Keepers, situated next to Kamp Kwena Fort, offers guests an opportunity to dig for prizes in a big sandpit.
Combine the excitement of parachuting, the thrill of water sports and parasailing. Let the expert instructors teach you how to water-ski or wake board. Ride a wave on a jet ski. A daily cruise around the private lake is a great way to enjoy a sundowner. Mini cars, Putt Putt, Trampolines, Bumper Boats and Play Ground are all the exciting activities surrounding the lake.
Steam Train Rides Stimela
Train ride that goes passed the Cabanas Aviary and over a small part of the Waterworld lake observe the Impala, Ostrich, Nyala which live in this tranquility world.
Thula Baba Professional baby-sitting and Chaperone service
Day and Night babysitting service and supervised outings, as well as Chaperone service for the Senior Citizen and the Wheelchair bound.
The Valley Of Waves
It is one of the most advanced water parks in the world, dominated by the Roaring Lagoon, a 6 500-square metre wave pool with a palm-fringed beach. Hydraulic mechanisms can generate a 1,8 metre wave every 90 seconds. When waves are not generated, a bobbing cycle is generated in a diamond pattern.
All Resort residents enter the park free of charge by presenting their resident cards.
The water park has five exhilarating flume rides - from the Temple of Courage, swimmers drop 17 meters down a 70-meter chute, hurtle under a bridge and splash into a small pool; the Tarantula and the Scorpion are body slides, and the Viper and the Mamba are flume rides where the swimmers float on large inflated tubes.
On the island is an ethnic village with a clothing store, a sweet shop and a fast food outlet, as well as a pool and playground for children.
The Royal Bath is a swimming pool that is also open to both day visitors and Resort residents. The large pool is adjacent to an amphitheatre, which can accommodate an audience of over 800. On the pool deck the Observatory Bar offers exotic cocktails and is covered by an antique dome.
Facilities at the Valley of Waves include well-equipped changing rooms, a locker service and a clinic for treating minor medical emergencies.
The Botanical Garden Trails go around and through the different forests surrounding the Valley of Waves, a Rain Forest, Baobab Forest, the Jacaranda and the Tropical Forest. All contain rare plant varieties. The Sway Bridge, Adventure Paths, Hidden Cave Water Falls and other exciting walkways are in the Garden.
The Sun City Resort proudly boasts 2 world class 18 hole championship golf courses - The Gary Player Golf Course and The Lost City Golf Course.
2 Adults, 2 Children, 2 Twin beds placed side by side, Family room-size, On ground floor, with wider doorways for easy wheelchair access, Bathroom equipped with open toilet, shower and support railing. (No bath).
2 Adults, 2 Children, 1 Double bed, 1 Sleeper couch, Lake facing, Bathrooms have a shower facility and no bath (no separate shower).
2 Adults, No Children, 2 Twin beds placed side by side, beds can be split, 1 Double bed, Lake facing, Bathrooms have a shower facility and no bath.
2 Adults, 2 Children, 2 Twin beds placed side by side, beds can be split, 1 Sleeper couch, Bathrooms have a shower facility and no bath (no separate shower).
2 Adults, No Children, 1 Double bed or 2 twin beds, Bathrooms have a shower facility and no bath.
2 Adults, 2 Children, 2 Twin beds placed side by side, beds can be split, 1 Sleeper couch, Lake facing, Bathrooms have a shower facility and no bath (no separate shower).