Approximately 90km south of Durban, between Hiberdene and Port Shepstone, you will find Umzumbe which is known as the best kept secret of the Hibuscus coast.
Summer Place is situated directly on the main swimming beach, next to the well-renowned Pumula Beach Hotel, and boasts 4 self-catering, air-conditioned beach cottages.
All necessary amenities are located directly on the property. Security is top-notch and ample parking is available on-site.
For those who know Umzumbe beach, it is a holiday of a lifetime. A real good time for the family to be together and families return year after year for the same experience. Umzumbe is still one of the secluded South Coast beachesa true hidden gem for the traveller.
Lifeguards are on duty throughout the year and shark nets protect the main swimming beach. The sea splash pool is always a huge favourite with the little ones.
Summer Place is conveniently situated in the vicinity of several golf courses, with Umzumbe providing several water sport and recreational facilities as well.
- air conditioner
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV in room
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- parking all onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- Take the N1 South Coast road. Take the R102 Hibberdene turnoff. Drive through Hibberdene. You will cross over a river then underneath a small bridge.
- About 500m after the bridge, there is a very sharp turn to the left. Signboards of Pumula Beach Hotel on the left. Turn left into Station road, then first right into Stiebel rock.
- Summer Place is directly infront of you to the left of the beach parking. Huge steel gate with a high cream wall.
Sleeps 12 guests for example 6 adults and 6 children. It has three bathrooms, dining room, lounge, kitchen, scullery and its own private deck and gate onto the beach.
Summerplaces pride and joy. It easily sleeps 4 adults and 4 kids. It has beautiful finishes with a huge lounge and dining room. The sliding doors with the wooden decks gives you the best view of the Umzumbe beach.
Sleeps 4 guests; either 2 couples or a family. It has a modern bathroom, lovely kitchen with modern fittings and a big lounge area. Huge sliding doors makes your accessibility to the beach even easier.
Big Brother cottage:
Is not what the name implies. It should be little brother as it sleeps 2 adults comfortably and has a sleeper couch. It is ultra modern with the same accessibility to the beach and view as the other units.