We offer a wide range of Accommodation to choose from and can accommodate 130 delegates sharing. An ideal getaway for the entire family. Only an hour’s drive from Johannesburg and nestled on the banks of the Vaal River near Parys, Stonehenge River Lodge embodies peace, tranquility and a sense of oneness with nature. The venue boasts a level of comfort and will satisfy company directors, as well as staff, for the full duration of their stay.
Stonehenge has the perfect venue for your next conference, incentive trip or event. You will find our professional staff tremendously flexible, providing you with personlised service to make sure your event or conference is filled with joy, team spirit and camaraderie from start to finish. Experience our superb conference facilities. For more information about our One-Stop Conference Solutions, click here, and tell us what you need for your exclusive customised event.
Whatever function or dream you have, we can make it happen.
Conferences at Stonehenge in Africa:
At Stonehenge in Africa we have a unique setting for your conference. Our location makes it a favourite as it is easily accessible from Gauteng, North West and Free State. We have modern conferencing facilities and our comfortable rooms are great after a hard day of work and activities.
We understand that the key to successful conferencing is simplicity, service and flexibility. All our conference rooms are well equipped. Let us make your Company’s next Training, Meeting or Staff Team building session both professional and enjoyable.
Successful meetings require a distraction-free environment, professional-calibre meeting space, comfortable lodging, delicious and healthful meals. We have the best conference staff that is skilled, accommodating and guest-oriented for the best experience.
Conference facilities includes: 5 air conditioned conference rooms and can seat up to 368 delegates in comfort depending on seating arrangements. Standard Conferencing equipment in our venues are television and VCR, O/H Projector, Flip Charts, White Boards, Markers, Water, Mints and Cordials.
We can put together a tailor made Conferencing or Team building package that will suit your company needs. Come to Stonehenge for the best Conference and Team Building Venue in Parys.
Stonehenge in Africa is unique in that we offer a river lodge setting and activities combined with premium conference facilities.
Each venue at Stonehenge River Lodge has its own distinctive appearance and ambiance, providing the ultimate necessity to make your function or event a huge success.
- Reservations are only confirmed once deposit / full payment have been received. No booking/rooms will be booked before the proof of payment have been received.
- All payments due by a client to Stonehenge/Stone Adventures shall be made no later than 3 working days prior to arrival. A proof of payment is required.
- All accounts are to be paid in full prior to departure.
- Please note that confirmations and deposits are for the stipulated dates ONLY and are not transferable without written consent of Stonehenge.
- No verbal confirmations / cancellation / postponements will be accepted unless agreed upon and signed by both parties.
- Check in from 14:00 pm / Check out at 10:00AM.
- In view of the fact that we have an “on consumption” liquor license, we regretfully cannot allow alcohol to be brought onto the premises.
- Cash bar available.
- We do not have an ATM on the premises.
- No pets allowed 13.
- No delegates will be allowed to participate in any activities under the influence of alcohol.
- Please note that we do not have a A-la-cart Restaurant on the premises and all meals must be pre-booked.
- We can accept same day bookings - with up to 3 hours advance notice and payment before arrival. (Subject to availability).
- The client shall advise Stonehenge/Stone adventures in writing of any special request or needs relating to disabilities, special dietary requirements. The client will be liable for the cost.
- No Refunds will be given to a client who arrives late or who do not show up for a booking.
- A child of 12 years and older will automatically be regarded as an adult and charged the full adult rate.
- Stonehenge / Stone adventures will not accept responsibility for any injuries which occur to guest staying at Stonehenge or due to participation in any activity.
We are situated in the Vredefort World Heritage Site.
Activities in and around parys - Not booked through Stonehenge:
* Egweni Craft market ( Every 1st Saturday of the month)
* Dog and Fig Brewery
* G&T on Vaal ( Gin Tasting / Gin Bar)
* Arts and Crafts shops in the main road of Parys - Bree street
Summer nights and early mornings can get cool as we are right next to the river. Always pack a jacket - no matter what time of the year it is.
- 30 Days prior to booking date - 50% of total booking value expected
- 15 Days prior to booking date - 75% of total booking value expected.
- Less than 10 days prior to booking date - 100% of total booking value expected.
- Within the same month of booking date - 10% of total booking value expected.
- Within the second month after original booking date - 15% of total booking value expected.
- Within the third month after original booking date - 20% of total booking value expected.
Take the Vereening Road / R59
Keep on the highway - past vereeniging, Past vanderbiljpark, Past Vaalpark, Past Sasolburg.
Keep on the R59 till you enter Parys.
Turn Left onto Bree street and stay on this road till you get the robot.
At the robot turn left - to Potchefstroom. Stay on the road till you cross the bridge.
Take the first turn on your left - Kopjeskraalroad.
+- 7km - Stonehenge will be on your left.
We offer a wide range of Accommodation to choose from and can accommodate 130 delegates sharing. An ideal getaway for the entire family. Only an hour’s drive from Johannesburg and nestled on the banks of the Vaal River near Parys, Stonehenge in Africa embodies peace, tranquility and a sense of oneness with nature. The venue boasts a level of comfort and will satisfy company directors, as well as staff, for the full duration of their stay.
The B Block accommodation consists of seven deluxe rooms. (4 star). Each bedroom features: Air cons, tea and coffee station, LED Plasma televisions, Dressing table and chair. En-suite Bathrooms with bath and shower except B5 has bath only. All rooms leads out to a joint communal foyer which consist of dining and lounge area and with its own cosy fireplace.
Self-catering Cottage: consist of a main bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower and a bath. Open plan Lounge and Fully equipped Kitchen area with bar counter and a separate bathroom with a shower, basin and toilet. Inside and outside Braai.
Self-catering Units: 2 x units. Own private braai area. (4 star). Consist of a main bedroom with bathroom with shower and a bath and is wheelchair friendly. Open plan Lounge and Fully equipped Kitchen area.
50 x standard twin rooms – 2 Single Beds or King size Beds ( 3 star graded )
2 x standard single rooms – King size Bed ( 3 star graded)
Each bedroom in the main lodge rooms features fans, heaters, tea and coffee station, LED Plasma televisions, Dressing table and chair / Work station in all rooms. En-suite Bathrooms has a shower, Toilet and Basin.