Please note: with reference to all my venues, you will have the use of Stone Cottage's Water Sports Membership card, which offer guest free access to the Water sports club, allowing access to the waterfront with braai, ablution, launching facilities, a lovely fishing spot.
Deneysville is a small, quiet, picturesque village on the banks of the Vaal Dam, situated in the Free State. It has been dubbed the "Inland Water Mecca of South-Africa". The Vaal Dam, known as the Highveld's inland sea, is the yachting mecca for its landlocked neighbours.
This beautiful village boasts with restaurants, pubs, picnic & camping areas, art and crafts shops, teambuilding, conferencing and many other activities for tourists, such as speed boating, sailing, tubing, water skiing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, camping, crocodile & lion tours, functions, parties and many more. It is popularly known as the Gateway to The Vaal Dam with two yacht clubs, two large marinas and the Water Sports club, allowing easy access to the water front, for power boats, yachting enthusiasts and fisherman. This makes it a holiday home haven, attracting ever increasing numbers of water sports lovers.
Only 35km away is the Emerald Casino, which now has a water theme park and a very well-maintained animal sanctuary, where you can view exotic species of birds, reptiles and mammals, at reasonable prices for a game viewing drive, with a ranger, seeing animals like rhino and giraffe at close quarters.
16 Parr street Deneysville 1932
From Johannesburg (Lots of roadwors - bad road)
- From the N12 take the R59 past Alberton towards Vereeniging.
- Zero your odometer when going past the very next off ramp - Michelle Avenue (0 km)
- Continue past Meyerton and Vereeniging.
- When your odometer reading is 55,8 km's (just after having driven over the Vaal River), take the Deneysville (R716 ) / Heilbron (R82) / Vanderbijlpark off ramp.
- Turn left towards Deneysville / Heilbron.
- At the T-junction, your odometer reading will be 58,8 kms.
- Turn right towards Heilbron (R82) / Deneysville.
- Turn left at the first road. The road sign shows Deneysville (R716) / Letabo. Your odometer reading will be 59,5 kms.
- When your odometer reading is 83,7 kms, you will cross over the Stop Street into Deneysville.
- 500 metres before the Stop street that crosses over into Deneysville, you will find the Deneysville Croc Ranch on your left hand side.
- The first road left after the Stop Street, before the Caltex Garage, is McKenzie Street (Mossie on the map). Your odometer reading will be 84 kms.
- At Brentwood Lodge on your right hand side when your odometer reading is 84,7 kms. you will turn Right into Handel follow the road and turn left into Parr street, number 16 on the left hand side.
From Johannesburg (recommended)
- Take the N3 towards Duran.
- Take the Heidelberg (North) turnoff .
- Go over the Highway at the stop turn towards Heidelberg..pass Heidelberg Kloof.
- Turn right at R549 Vaal dam.
- Pass Ratanda Township
- Carry on straight.
- Turn left into Deneysville after the dam wall on your left.
- The first road left after the Stop Street, before the Caltex Garage, is McKenzie Street (Mossie on the map).
- At Brentwood Lodge on your right hand side you will turn Right into Handel follow the road and turn left into Parr street, number 16 on the left hand side.
From East Rand (recommended)
- From N12 take Snake Road Turn-off (R45) - Benoni/Brakpan turning south towards Heidelberg. Zero your odometer under the N12 Bridge.
- Pass Carnival City.
- Turn left at R23 Heidelberg (North) when your odometer reading is 34,3 kms.
- Pass Heidelberg Kloof.
- Turn right at R549 Vaaldam when your odometer reading is 41,1 kms.
- Pass Ratanda Township.
- Carry on straight.
- Turn left into Deneysville when your odometer reading is 94,1 kms.
- Turn left into the 1st street (McKenzie Street (Mossie on the map) just before the Caltex garage) when your odometer reading is 94,4 kms
- Brentwood Lodge is situated on the right hand side when your odometer reading is 95,1 kms
- At Brentwood Lodge on your right hand side turn Right into Handel follow the road and turn left into Parr street, number 16 on the left hand side.
- Take N3 from Durban
- Take the R34 Frankfort Turn-off.
- Move onto the R51 Villiers Road.
- Then onto the R716 Oranjeville Road which will lead you to Deneysville.