Stone Cottage, consists of two beautiful 4 bedroom houses with their own spacious gardens and an old Stone house with three cosy, charming, unpretentious country cottages, and the secret garden bed and breakfast room, the house and cottages was built in the 1940`s, it is gorgeous, cosy and charming nestled amongst a beautiful garden extending to an acre of trees and shrubs, which have been carefully maintained in a naturalistic semi-wild state attracting many species of birds and undoubtedly are one of the most delightful escapes for a weekend getaway.
These unpretentious country venues are fully equipped, tastefully furnished; self-catering units with their own private gardens and braai facilities, there is adequate parking for boats, trailers, cars and the use of the main garden and pool, braai/boma area. It have a cheerful electric blend of the quaint and the contemporary. Not only has Stone Cottage the appeal of lively originality, the ambience is warm, and the service dedicated. For nature enthusiasts, bird life abounds in gardens which become part of the experience, a perfect venue for wedding pictures, short honeymoons and romantic weekends away. Leisurely country days can be filled with leisurely walks, romantic sunset cruises, windsurfing, kite surfing, fishing, mountain biking, a visit to the historic Motorcycle Museum and the crocodile Ranch. Only an hour away from Gauteng!
Stone Cottage Accommodation:
Is a charming Stone Cottage, fully furnished with a self contained Kitchen with all necessities needed, main bedroom with a double bed, bathroom, lounge equipped with a double bed and a double sleeper couch, dining table and chairs, television, Hi-Fi and DVD player and has the benefit of a small secluded private garden equipped with table chairs and braai facilities. In the front there is a veranda covered by a grape vine for shade.
Is a luxury fully furnished en-suite bedroom with a comfortable twin or King-size bed with a mosquito net, television, DVD player, Hi-Fi and three comfortable chairs, the unique bathroom has a shower over the bath, shared by the adjoining second bedroom which has a double bed and own TV. The adjoining fully equipped kitchen with all necessities, catering for all your entertainment needs. The garden area has a table with chairs and an open-air shower with hot and cold water. There is also a built-in braai, table and seating area, as well as a separate small kettle braai.
The "Norma Jeane" Room
A bed and breakfast unit, called the Norma Jeane (Marilyn Monroe) room, is tastefully furnished, offering a romantic experience with a comfortable double bed and bathroom en-suite. It is equipped with bedding, bath towels, a television, DVD, microwave, Bar Fridge, Cutlery and plates, kettle, coffee, tea, milk and sugar on arrival, and has the benefit of a small garden equipped with an outside braai and wash-up area. Whatever cutlery needed additionally, will be provided.
This room was inspired by Marilyn Monroe glamour, her unparalleled glow and energy that enamoured the world.
The "Secret Garden" Room
Is a sunny bed and breakfast room which is tastefully furnished, offering a romantic experience with a comfortable double bed and bathroom en-suite. It is equipped with bedding, bath towels, a television, DVD, Coffee and tea, station. Bath towels and all bedding are supplied and has the benefit of a small secluded scented private garden equipped with table chairs and braai facilities. (Needed cutlery will be provided).
Tasha`s on Main, Bed and Breakfast and Art Caf
This house is a charming, quaint four bedroom, bed and breakfast house, tastefully furnished and close to the village centre with its many shops and stores and within easy walking distance. The waters edge and boat launching facilities are about two minutes drive away.
The Main House has three Bedrooms; one room is equipped with a comfortable King-size bed or twin beds. The second bedroom has a double bed and the third bedroom has either twin beds or King-size bed with a shared bathroom which has both a bath and shower fitted. There is comfortable leather couch, arm chair and television, DVD player, DSTV, please bring your own DSTV decoder and card. Coffee/tee station provided
The Patio Room: is a charming fourth bedroom with a double bed and a single over. This room has the advantage of a shower and toilet en-suite, with its own Tv and DSTV decoder, please bring your own DSTV decoder and/or card. Coffee/tee station provided.
The communal patio area has a communal braai and all cutlery necessities needed. It has beautiful views and a spacious garden with enough parking for a boat and cars.
The dining room is converted in a coffee shop, come art gallery were the breakfast would be served. This is a delightful escape for a weekend getaway. The house is equipped with braai facilities. Bath towels and all bedding are supplied. Please note you will have the use of Stone Cottages Water Sports Membership card for free access to the waterfront, allowing access to the waterfront with braai, ablution, launching facilities and a lovely fishing spot.
The house do not have a swimming pool, you are more than welcome to make use of the pool and braai/boma area at Stone Cottage.
This charming and quaint four bedroom house, is tastefully furnished. It has a self contained Kitchen, four bedrooms with two bathrooms and a additional outside shower and toilet, the lounge / dining room includes DSTV and television. It will comfortably sleeps 8 people, with a extra sleeper couch on the patio, accommodating a 9th person. It has beautiful views and a spacious garden with enough parking for a boat and cars. This is a delightful escapes for a weekend getaway. The house is equipped with braai facilities and tea/coffee are provided on arrival. Bath towels and all bedding are supplied.
Please note you will have the use of Stone Cottage`s Water Sports Membership card as seen below. The house do not have a swimming pool, should you wish to swim you are more than welcome to make use of the pool at Stone Cottage.
Please note: with reference to all my venues, you will have the use of Stone Cottage's Water Sports Membership card, which offer guest free access to the Water sports club, allowing access to the waterfront with braai, ablution, launching facilities, a lovely fishing spot.
Deneysville is a small, quiet, picturesque village on the banks of the Vaal Dam, situated in the Free State. It has been dubbed the "Inland Water Mecca of South-Africa". The Vaal Dam, known as the Highveld's inland sea, is the yachting mecca for its landlocked neighbours.
This beautiful village boasts with restaurants, pubs, picnic & camping areas, art and crafts shops, teambuilding, conferencing and many other activities for tourists, such as speed boating, sailing, tubing, water skiing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, camping, crocodile & lion tours, functions, parties and many more. It is popularly known as the Gateway to The Vaal Dam with two yacht clubs, two large marinas and the Water Sports club, allowing easy access to the water front, for power boats, yachting enthusiasts and fisherman. This makes it a holiday home haven, attracting ever increasing numbers of water sports lovers.
Only 35km away is the Emerald Casino, which now has a water theme park and a very well-maintained animal sanctuary, where you can view exotic species of birds, reptiles and mammals, at reasonable prices for a game viewing drive, with a ranger, seeing animals like rhino and giraffe at close quarters.
Rooms and Units Available:
a charming and quaint four bedroom house,tastefully furnished. with a self contained Kitchen,four bedrooms,two bathrooms and a outside shower
Sleeps 8 Adults
Tashas on Main
A quaint four bedroom, self-catering house,tastefully furnished,close to the village centre and the water edge,self contained Kitchen,two bathrooms,spacious garden with braai facilities
Sleeps 8 Adults
a charming Stone Cottage, fully furnished,self contained Kitchen,main bedroom with a double bed,bathroom,lounge with a double bed,double sleeper couch,dining table,TV and DVD a small private garden with table chairs and braai facilities.
Sleeps 4 Adults
The Secret Garden Room
It is a sunny bed and breakfast room,tastefully furnished, offering a romantic experience with a double bed and bathroom en-suite.Equipped with a television, DVD, coffee station and a small secluded private garden with braai facilities.
Sleeps 2 Adults
En-suite bedroom, twin or King-size bed, TV, DVD,the unique bathroom is shared by the adjoining second bedroom,double bed and TV. Fully equipped kitchen.The garden area has own braai facilities,open-air shower
Sleeps 4 Adults
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Pets only by Arrangement
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - open)
Xhosa / Zulu
DVD and/or VCR
In the event of premature departure we may charge for the full original booking.
Cancellation 0 - 14 days before date of arrival, or no-show - visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid.
Cancellation 15 - 28 days before date of arrival - visitor forfeits 75% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater).
Cancellation 29+ days before date of arrival - visitor forfeits 50% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater)
16 Parr street Deneysville 1932
From Johannesburg (Lots of roadwors - bad road)
- From the N12 take the R59 past Alberton towards Vereeniging.
- Zero your odometer when going past the very next off ramp - Michelle Avenue (0 km)
- Continue past Meyerton and Vereeniging.
- When your odometer reading is 55,8 km's (just after having driven over the Vaal River), take the Deneysville (R716 ) / Heilbron (R82) / Vanderbijlpark off ramp.
- Turn left towards Deneysville / Heilbron.
- At the T-junction, your odometer reading will be 58,8 kms.
- Turn right towards Heilbron (R82) / Deneysville.
- Turn left at the first road. The road sign shows Deneysville (R716) / Letabo. Your odometer reading will be 59,5 kms.
- When your odometer reading is 83,7 kms, you will cross over the Stop Street into Deneysville.
- 500 metres before the Stop street that crosses over into Deneysville, you will find the Deneysville Croc Ranch on your left hand side.
- The first road left after the Stop Street, before the Caltex Garage, is McKenzie Street (Mossie on the map). Your odometer reading will be 84 kms.
- At Brentwood Lodge on your right hand side when your odometer reading is 84,7 kms. you will turn Right into Handel follow the road and turn left into Parr street, number 16 on the left hand side.
From Johannesburg (recommended)
- Take the N3 towards Duran.
- Take the Heidelberg (North) turnoff .
- Go over the Highway at the stop turn towards Heidelberg..pass Heidelberg Kloof.
- Turn right at R549 Vaal dam.
- Pass Ratanda Township
- Carry on straight.
- Turn left into Deneysville after the dam wall on your left.
- The first road left after the Stop Street, before the Caltex Garage, is McKenzie Street (Mossie on the map).
- At Brentwood Lodge on your right hand side you will turn Right into Handel follow the road and turn left into Parr street, number 16 on the left hand side.
From East Rand (recommended)
- From N12 take Snake Road Turn-off (R45) - Benoni/Brakpan turning south towards Heidelberg. Zero your odometer under the N12 Bridge.
- Pass Carnival City.
- Turn left at R23 Heidelberg (North) when your odometer reading is 34,3 kms.
- Pass Heidelberg Kloof.
- Turn right at R549 Vaaldam when your odometer reading is 41,1 kms.
- Pass Ratanda Township.
- Carry on straight.
- Turn left into Deneysville when your odometer reading is 94,1 kms.
- Turn left into the 1st street (McKenzie Street (Mossie on the map) just before the Caltex garage) when your odometer reading is 94,4 kms
- Brentwood Lodge is situated on the right hand side when your odometer reading is 95,1 kms
- At Brentwood Lodge on your right hand side turn Right into Handel follow the road and turn left into Parr street, number 16 on the left hand side.
- Take N3 from Durban
- Take the R34 Frankfort Turn-off.
- Move onto the R51 Villiers Road.
- Then onto the R716 Oranjeville Road which will lead you to Deneysville.
Click to display the map