is a boutique contemporary style apartment overlooking Bahia Formosa. This 3 bedroom/3 bathroom (all en-suite) self-catering apartment is brand new and nestles on the ground floor of a luxury multi-story home with its own entrance and is fully self-contained.
The location of Stella Maris offers magnificent panoramic views of the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma mountains, the Keurbooms estuary, beaches and is located within minutes of the village of Plettenberg Bay, the sun kissed beaches and awesome restaurants.
Accommodation at Stella Maris:
Private entrance and off-road parking. 3 en-suite bedrooms. Two of the bedrooms have king size beds which can be separated for use as singles and the 3rd bedroom has luxury bunk beds. Flat screen televisions, DSTV, Wi-Fi and security alarm.
Sparkling pool and magnificent 200 square meter private state of the art deck with deck loungers and pool towels allows whale watching, entertaining or just relaxation.
Spacious interleading open-plan lounge, dining room and Kitchen. Modern, fully equipped kitchen with stove, hob, micro wave, washing machine, tumble dryer, dish washer, fridge and freezer.
Covered patio outdoor dining area and gas Weber barbeque. Secure and smoke free environment. Our guests have exclusive access and use of the entire apartment including pool and deck.
A lovely domestic cleaning lady will be organized complementary for once a week (personal laundry excluded), additional days on request for a fee.
Stella Maris Activities:
Plettenberg Bay has an unrivalled natural beauty, jewel of the Garden Route. Renowned for its unique marine reserves and is home to dolphins and seals. The beaches and rivers area water enthusiast's paradise. Plettenberg Bay offers the visitor plenty of night life, restaurants, pubs and an array of accommodation to suit all lifestyles. Beaches:
- Robberg Beach : On the southern end of the bay seems to go on forever and is a great place to go for long walks away from the crowds.
- Hobbie Beach :This is superb for both swimming and tanning and also has some good waves for surfing or body boarding at 'the wedge' on the far end.
- Central Beach : The third beach is known locally as Central Beach. Often the busiest beach in Plett. Life guards on duty in season. It's the launch site for Marine Safaris, dive charters and ocean kayaking tours and facilities include restaurants, bars, public toilets and the local National Sea Rescue Station; 2 km / 2 minutes from Plett Central.
- Look Out Beach : The fourth beach in Plett is Lookout Beach. Popular for swimming and surfing. Shopping:
Shopping malls and a variety of shops provide everything that is needed by holiday makers and shoppers, including clothing and speciality goods at several boutiques, arts, crafts, and antiques. Restaurants:
There are plenty of dining opportunities, from beach pubs, bistros and deli's to five star cuisine and award-winning a la carte menus. Foodies will find Italian, fresh seafood, steak and a variety of other choices on offer.
The surroundings of Plettenberg Bay provide a playground for sports enthusiasts and the list of activities is almost endless. The lagoon and the bay itself are perfect for all sorts of watersports and activities including boat cruises and sailing, paddling, fishing, swimming and scuba diving, while the beaches allow for long solitary walks.
Between June through November the bay is home to Southern Right Whales that come to calve in the protected waters. The mountains and forests offer a variety of trails for hikers, mountain bikers and horse riders. There are thirteen polo grounds in and around Plettenberg Bay; the best known is at Kurland (20 minutes outside the town, heading towards Port Elizabeth) where major polo tournaments take place over Christmas and Easter. Golf:
In 2006 the Garden Route was named 2006 Golf Destination of the Year for Africa by the International Association for Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO). Golf tour operators from 38 countries vote for the IAGTO's Golf Destination of the Year awards.
- Goose Valley Golf Estates - This is a superb Gary Player designed 18 hole course, voted number 1 in South Africa, on the banks of the Keurbooms Lagoon, with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean. The outstanding greens and fairways are a feature of this course, set amongst the indigenous "fynbos" with abundant wild life.
- Plettenberg Bay Country Club - This highly rated undulating course, set in a proclaimed nature reserve in the Piesang Valley, has lush green fairways, a sweeping tree-line and new grass greens. Accuracy is essential for coping with the meandering Piesang River which flows through it. The magnificent 18-hole, 72-par layout is set in the most lovely of settings is rich in bird life and home to the strikingly beautiful Knysna Loerie. All greens and bunkers are to USGA specifications.
- Boat Cruises
- Elephant Sanctuary
- Big 5 game drive - game farm
- Fishing Charters
- Scenic Flights and Gliding
- Canopy tours
- Scenic drives and day Trips
- The Mampoer Distillery
- River and Sea Kayaking
- Whale and Dolphin Watching
- Swimming with seals
- Robberg Nature Reserve
- Bungi Jumping
- Blackwater Tubing
- Horse Riding - trails
- Umthombo Theatre and Township Tours
- River Ferr
- Stand up paddleboarding
- Sky diving
- Wild Water Park
- Mountain Biking
- Harvest Market
- Snake sanctuary
- Birds of Eden
Click to display the map