St James Manor, historically known as millionaires mile is making its comeback as one of the trendiest places to stay in Cape Town. The area still boasts the traditional colorful Victorian bathing boxes and grand old houses.
Fresh fish can be brought from the local fishermen and the harbor itself offers excellent seafood restaurants from rustic local cuisine to fine dining experiences.
Mediterranean in style, the main road is a hive of novel antique shops, delicatessens, boutiques and art galleries a mere three minutes walk from the Manor House and, across the road, you will find the famous tidal pools and swimming beaches.
The St James Manor House, built a hundred years ago, has an aura of grandeur and old world charm. A magnificent staircase leads up to the large suites, individually decorated to reflect the opulent times of a bygone era. And carved into the mountain is a private and wind protected swimming pool and tanning deck with views across False Bay.
On Site Facilities:
- Swimming Pool (60 sqm)
- Honesty Bar
- Secure Parking
- Spa Treatments By Arrangement
- 24 Hour Security
- Laundry Services
- Tours and Transfers By Arrangement
A favourite pastime is the early morning swim in the wind protected, warm waters of St James. St James also offers interesting walks along the historic promenade and up the imposing mountains.
Perhaps the biggest attraction is the land based whale watching in season. They appear literally meters from the shoreline and can be seen clearly from The St James Retreat.
• Cancellation between 30 and 15 days of arrival, 50% of full accommodation amount will be levied.
• Cancellation less than 15 days prior to arrival, the full accommodation amount will be levied.
• In the event of premature departure, the full extent of stay as originally booked and confirmed will be charged.
• Refunds of monies paid for bookings are at the discretion of Management and are dependent on ability to re-sell the rooms.
108 Main Rd, St James.
- Follow the N2 from the Airport towards Cape Town City Centre. Turn left on to the M3 Muizenberg off ramp.
- Continue on the M3 to Muizenberg until you get to the T-Junction at the end. Turn left and at then next set of traffic lights turn right onto Main road.
- Travel along Main Road through Muizenberg and onto St James. the St James is on the right hand side opposite the second tennis court on your left.
All children welcome
2 x Superior Suites - 70 m
2 x Deluxe Suites - 60 m
1 x Standard Double - 30 m
1 x Standard Twin - 30 m
- Air Conditioning
- Bedside Alarm Clocks
- Bespoke Amenities
- Mini Bar and Snacks
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee Tray
- Complimentary Laundry
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer and Shaving Points
- Heated Towel Rails
- International Dialing Telephones
- Private Room Safe
- Robes and Slippers
- Sea View (Superior and Deluxe Suites)
- Select Satellite television
- Separate Lounge Area (some rooms)
- Separate Shower, Bath and Toilet
- Under Floor Heating
- Wireless Internet Connection