Southern Cross is a Colonial style home, tastefully decorated in the colours of sand, sea and sky. Five luxurious en-suite bedrooms open onto the verandah and sunny garden courtyard.
The views of the bay and Tsitsikamma Mountains from the breakfast patio are magnificent and dolphins, whales and seals often complete the picture.
Robberg beach can be reached directly from the house via a boardwalk and its 5 km of unbroken sand offers easy walking and jogging at low tide.
The sound of the sea is always with you and in winter, when the Southern Right whales are in the bay, one can sometimes hear them blowing at night it is a magical sound.
Southern Cross leave with very pleasant memories.
Plettenberg Bay is rich in natural and historic attractions. It also offers a host of exciting outdoor activities as well as interesting shops, arts and crafts and excellent restaurants.
- Whale and dolphin watching tours around the Bay
- A selection of world class golf courses
- Horse riding, cycling and mountain biking tours in
- Scuba and skin diving close to the beach
- Central beach
- Deep sea fishing or catching the 'big one' off Robberg's rocks
- Canoe and Ferry trips up the Keurbooms River
- Guided tours around the Robberg Nature Reserve
- Visit Monkeyland and the fascinating Birds of Eden - the largest free- flight aviary in the world
- Knysna Elephant Park
- Black water tubing down the Storms River
- Hike the famous Otter and Tsitsikamma trails
- Bungi Jumping - 216m - the highest in the world!
- Hazy, lazy sun drenched golden days on some of the finest beaches in the world!
Five luxurious en-suite bedrooms open onto the verandah and sunny garden courtyard.
Our Double room is one of our nicest rooms and has a standard extra length double bed. It has an en-suite shower and a gas fireplace for the winter months. All our bedrooms are on the ground floor and open onto the verandah and garden courtyard.
Our King room has a king size bed with full en-suite bathroom, and a sleeper couch situated in front of the TV. All our bedrooms are on the ground floor and open onto the verandah and garden courtyard. The view of the sea is from the breakfast verandah.
Our Queen bedroom has a queen size bed with full Victorian style bathroom. All our bedrooms are on the ground floor and open onto the verandah and garden courtyard. The view of the sea is from the breakfast verandah which overlooks the beach.
Our Twin rooms have en-suite showers and can be converted into double king size beds if desired. All our bedrooms are on the ground floor and open onto the garden courtyard. The view of the sea is from the breakfast verandah which overlooks the beach.
- From Shell Ultra City on the N2 go along Marine Drive to the Dolphin circle and straight over down the hill towards the sea.
- Go over the Piesang Rive bridge and over the circle and turn right opposite Kwikspar into Longships Drive.
- Go for about 2km over 3 speed bumps and turn left in Gris Nez Drive. 4. Carry on to the 4-way stop (Rother Sands), go straight over and turn the third street left into Gemini.
- You will see our signs all the way from Gris Nez.
- At the top of Gemini you will see our house.
- Turn right and left to get to the gate - 1 Capricorn Lane, Solar Beach, Plettenberg Bay.