Somer Place is a highly recommended 3 star b&b and a tranquil haven situated 30 min from Cape Town, in the surrounding countryside of Somerset West.
The Lord Charles Hotel is only 3 min. away from us. Close by the Winelands and the beaches of the False Bay. To the airport you need in only 25 min.
We are welcoming business people and holidaymakers alike. Enjoy a quiet location, as well tended garden, large pool, and a delicious breakfast.
We have 6 double and 1 family room; (all with en suite bathrooms).The rooms are modern and offer you a number of conveniences; TV, fast internet, wireless, telephone (affordable phone calls via internet), tea & coffee tray and fridge. Fax facility and laundry service are available.
We would like to help you with ideas around you stay with us. We can also assist you by arranging your rental cars, booking a table in one of the good testy local restaurants, etc.
We offer you airport transfers and individual & special tours (e.g. township- and winetours).
We are pleased to welcome you at our guesthouse.
All our guest rooms are en-suite, opening out onto either the pool area or their own private garden and all have television, fridge and coffee/tea making facilities.
Internet connection is available in the rooms. You also have access to make cost effecive phone calls to Europe and the rest of the world via the internet.
You are also welcome to make use of our laundry services.
Somer Place B&B Activities:
From Somer Place B&B you can take wonderful day tours:
- The beautiful wine farm Vergelegen is only 5 min. drive from Somer Place
- Monkey Town, is only 5 min. from here.
- Close to Somer Place you have 5 Golf Clubs only 10 - 30 min. drive
- Hermanus is built along the shores of Walker Bay near the Southern most tip of Africa.
- The University Town, Stellenbosch is only 20 km (15 min.) drive.
- Sir Lowry's Pass, about 10 min. drive is the best place to have a bird's eye view over False Bay and Somerset West, and if the - weather permits, you also see the lovely view to Cape Town.
- Paarl and Franschhoeck, situated on the Wine Route are approximately 80 - 100 km from Somer Place.
- Cape Town, the "Mother City" is only 40 km from here, about 30 min. drive.
Click to display the map