Sleepy Gecko Guest House, in the heart of trendy Melville, is situated at the corner of 7th Street and 3rd Avenue Melville it is right on the doorstep of the best bars and restaurants in Johannesburg.
Its proximity to SABC, the leading News Agencies, the City of Johannesburg and other vibrant centers such as Rosebank, Sandton and Randburg makes this the place to stay.
The main house has a lounge/reception room, a dining room and a large verandah overlooking the stunning hot South African garden with its Martini Ledge Swimming Pool where you can sip Cocktails in the afternoon sun.
Decorated with various paintings and other artworks - works of either the owner or other local artists.
The Guesthouse offers the following general facilities:
- Very comfortable Lounge/Bar where you can relax, read the newspapers, magazines or books. There are also boxed games.
- There is an honesty fridge with cool drinks and snacks available 24 hours a day.
- Unique dining room with fireplaces, leaded glass windows, stunning Oregon pine floors and the original pressed steel ceilings and fireplace surrounds.
- The wonderful swimming pool in the front garden with its tempting Martini seat where guests can bask in the heat of the African Sun whilst sipping cocktails in the warm water of the pool.
- The herb, fruit and cut flower garden down the side of the house.
- The six off street parking bay, one bay for each room. One of the bays has been specifically designed for arge vehicles like SUVs.
84 3rd Avenue, Melville, Johannesburg