The Sleepy Gecko Guesthouse, in the heart of trendy Melville, is situated at the corner of 7th Street and 3rd Avenue Melville it is right on the doorstep of the best bars and restaurants in Johannesburg.
Its proximity to SABC, the leading News Agencies, the City of Johannesburg and other vibrant centers such as Rosebank, Sandton and Randburg makes this the place to stay.
The main house has a lounge/reception room, a dining room and a large verandah overlooking the stunning hot South African garden with its Martini Ledge Swimming Pool where you can sip Cocktails in the afternoon sun.
Decorated with various paintings and other artworks - works of either the owner or other local artists.
The Guesthouse offers the following general facilities:
- Very comfortable Lounge/Bar where you can relax, read the newspapers, magazines or books. There are also boxed games.
- There is an honesty fridge with cool drinks and snacks available 24 hours a day.
- Unique dining room with fireplaces, leaded glass windows, stunning Oregon pine floors and the original pressed steel ceilings and fireplace surrounds.
- The wonderful swimming pool in the front garden with its tempting Martini seat where guests can bask in the heat of the African Sun whilst sipping cocktails in the warm water of the pool.
- The herb, fruit and cut flower garden down the side of the house.
- The six off street parking bay, one bay for each room. One of the bays has been specifically designed for arge vehicles like SUV’s.
Facilities & Services:
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Other Language
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Offering 4 large bedrooms with luxurious en-suite bathrooms and a further two executive suites at the rear of the property which have separate sleeping and lounge areas.
Every room has the following facilities:
- Hair Dryer
- Secure safe in every room.
- Telephone and Free Broadband Internet Access
- Extensive Satellite TV Service
- Every room has superior air-conditioning unit
- We have located and restored original 1930’s wardrobes in a variety of woods such as Oak, Satinwood and Oregon Pine for each room.
- Beautiful writing/working desks with custom made chairs
- Custom made curtains, block out linings and Organza screening giving each room a feeling of rich luscious comfort and quiet tranquility within which to relax.
- We have a passion for good coffee and tea and so every room is supplied with the daily coffee and tea specials along with biscuits and other tempting delights.
- Every room has a King Sized bed, which can be separated into two generous single beds upon request. The duvets and pillows are filled with hollow fibre which is both hypoallergenic and non-microbial. All linen is pure percale cotton.
Click to display the map
Sleepy Gecko Guest House Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
As a special needs visitor I appreciate the kindness in the special care offered to make sure I was comfortable on this visit to Jhb in winter. As well as providing transport. The breakfast is delicious and the rooms are beautiful and spacious with everything you could possibly need from WiFi big screen TV luxurious linen epic bath tub. Staff are friendly and accommodating while respecting your privacy.
Rating: Reviewed by Melanie Opperman over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Sleepy Gecko Guest House:
Accommodation options within 8km from Sleepy Gecko Guest House include:
We offer comfortable and neat accommodation in the trendy and central suburb of Melville, Johannesburg, within walking distance. Quiet, privacy and hospitality are our key values. Airport transfers at best prices.
Established in June 2006, the Mi Casa Su Casa brand has built a reputation in the industry as an establishment that offers its guests a truly warm and welcoming African experience and you home away from home.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
A charming guest house in the heart of vibrant Melville. Close Stadiums and the Universities.
12 Stars Lifestyle Apartments are situated in the vibrant and central suburb of Melville, ideal for the business travellers or those who have a longer term stay in mind. Fully furnished 54 sqm open-plan contemporary one bed studio apartments.
per person sharing
The Space Guest House is the most centrally located in the heart of trendy Melville, close to the SABC, Media 24, Wits and the University of Johannesburg.
per person sharing