Welcome to the SKY LODGE, a unique stone and thatch getaway in the Hartbeespoort Dam area. The lodge is situated on a magnificent mountainside, and offers majestic views of the Hartbeespoort Dam and surrounding Magaliesberg mountains. Guests may choose between our 2 big private lodges:
The Red Sky Lodge with 7-bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, and our new Blue Sky Lodge with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
The lodges have fireplaces for cozy winter evenings, are beautifully furnished, each have private pools and braai-boma facilities with spectacular views.
The lodges are equipped with the DSTV hotel package which includes M-Net, MM1, MMII, SABC 1,2,3, E-TV and the Supersport channels.
Fully equipped and air-conditioned 80 seater Conference and Wedding venue with superb chapel, which sits on the edge of the cliff, will simply take your breath away! This state of the art venue offers unrivalled panoramic views over the entire Hartbeespoort valley. We also have a smaller 20 seater conference venue for smaller groups located near the pool area.
We offer the following facilities on the farm:
Hiking the gorge and surrounding mountains on the farm (Free for lodge guests)
Archery R 100 per hour
Paintball war-games @ R 150 pp
Or simply lazing the day away or enjoying sundowners on our amazing sundecks
The Red Sky Lodge sleeps 14 people (6 double rooms and a 7th room with 2 x single beds) and 6 bathrooms (5 en-suite and 1 sharing).
The Blue Sky Lodge sleeps 12 people (6 double rooms and 6 bathrooms (5 en-suite and 1 sharing). Three of these rooms have private outside entrances. There is also an extra sleeper couch.
There is also 4 romantic self catering Stone Suites with spa baths situated near other residential cottages that we can use for overflow accommodation.
From the Johannesburg area:
- Take the William Nicol off ramp from the N1 highway and head towards Fourways and Monte Casino. Travel down William Nicol Drive and Monte Casino is on your right hand side.
- After Monte Casino turn left onto Witkoppen Road. Please dont travel under the big bridge on William Nicol as this the take you on a longer route to the dam.
- At the 1st set of Traffic lights turn RIGHT into Cedar Road. Continue on Cedar Road past Broadacres, Dainfern and turn LEFT at the T-Junction just after Great.
- North Timbers on your right hand side. You must take an immediate RIGHT turn about 20 meters after the T-Junction at the Sun City sign
- Follow this road over the Krugersdorp highway and you will come to a T-Junction just after the chicken farm.
- At the T-Junction turn RIGHT onto the R512 and continue on this road all the way past the Lanseria airport, the home of the Chicken Pie shop and you will eventually come to the Broederstroom Farm Stall T-Junction after about 20km (The road winds through hills and passes various conference centres).
- At the T-Junction turn left and travel for about 12 kms. You will see the dam, pass the Mountainlake shopping centre, Pecanwood Golf Estate, Islands Residential Estate, the Sun City / Brits turn-off and
you will approach a railway line crossing (about 1km after the Brits/Sun City turn off).
- Just before the railway line crossing (about 5 meters) you will see a gravel road to your left with a brown Sky Lodge /Stonehouse Mountain Lodge info board.
- Take this gravel road for about 3 kms and you will see a large stone and thatch entrance gate at number D 39 De Rust. Please press and talk into the gate intercom, as it works on a two-way radio system.