Simbavati Hilltop Lodge
is situated within the world renowned and breathtakingly beautiful Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger Park - guarantees an exclusive, authentic and unforgettable African Safari experience. Home to the famous white lions, expect exceptional game viewing within Simbavati Hilltop Lodge`s extensive tract of over 12,000 hectares of unspoilt wilderness.
Enjoy magnificent views of the bush, the Nhlaralumi River and the distant foothills of the Drakensberg Mountain Range from the vantage point of the beautiful small koppie on which the lodge is situated.
Accommodation at Simbavati Hilltop Lodge:
Accommodation is pure African safari, and comprises of individual pavilion-style luxury tents, arranged to create a unique village feel. Each suite comprises two individual tents - one for the main bedroom, and a separate bathroom, which is linked by a passage that can be opened up on one side - allowing for an indoor or private outdoor shower experience. Privacy is guaranteed thanks to the careful placement of the tented-suites, ensuring a tranquil and intimate stay. Some of the private suites are situated to avail of the breathtaking views, and are therefore accessible via steep stairs.
For the mobility impaired, please ensure that you stipulate your needs when booking.
- 8 Luxurious Safari Tents, offering King-size or Twin-bed options. Please specify your requirements when booking.
- The en-suite bathroom tent is connected to main tent via a small passage, with an opening to the outdoors that gives you an indoor or private twin shower outdoor shower option. Tent facilities include:
- A private game viewing deck
- Ceiling fan
- Mini bar with drinks and snacks
- Coffee and tea-making facilities
- Complimetary eco-friendly, biodegradable products
- Eco-friendly insect spray
- Electric blankets for the winter period
- Laundry services. A laundry bag is supplied in the room
- Safe for storing valuables
Honeymoon Value Adds (within three months of wedding date):
- Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Romantic turn down
- Private dinner
Special dietary requirements: We require prior notification in order to accommodate any special dietary requirements you may have. Please ensure that you notify our reservations office upon booking.
Simbavati Hilltop Lodge facilities include:
- Game-viewing deck overlooking the river
- Infinity pool, with panoramic views of the bushveld and Drakensberg Mountains
- Covered pool lounge for shaded outdoor relaxation
- Curio Shop
- 360° Bar
- Lounge, that offers a selection of books and board games
- WiFi connectivity in the reception, lounge and deck area
Other Special Occasions:
Please inform management of your special occasion when making your reservation.
- No children under 12 years of age
- Children under the age of 16 years have to share a room with an adult over the age of 18 years
Simbavati Hilltop Lodge Activities: Activities at Simbavati Hilltop Lodge:
The lodge offers Big 5 game drives in the early morning and late afternoon/evening, taking advantage of the time of day that the animals are naturally most active. Nocturnal creatures - including the big cats - are regular sightings at night. Currently over 40 mammal species are listed as resident in the Timbavati, including the Big 5 - Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant, as well as endangered species including Wild Dogs and Cheetah.
There is an abundance of bird life, with a total of 360 species of bird listed. Your day includes:
- Early morning tea/coffee, a selection of fresh fruit and pastries on the deck overlooking the river
- Game Drive (approximately 3+ hours), including a coffee/tea stop in the bush
- Mid-morning breakfast/brunch - Continental and full hot breakfast
- Leisure time - enjoy the use of the infinity pool overlooking spectacular views of the distant Drakensberg Mountains. Alternatively, relax in the lounge/bar area, avail of the free WiFi on offer, or simply allow your mind to wander while sipping a refreshing cocktail, and watching the wildlife at the Nhlaralumi River.
- Lunch - a la carte or chef's specials
- Afternoon High Tea - tea or coffee and freshly baked sweet and savoury treats
- Afternoon/evening game drive (approximately 3+ hours), which includes a bush veld sun downer break. Alternatively, embark on a prearranged bush walk, and be back at camp in time to enjoy sun downers while watching the sun sink below the horizon.
- Dinner of African-inspired cuisine is served on the deck, or weather permitting, around the fire in the open-air boma.
Simbavati Hilltop Lodge Map: