The Schuetzenhaus Guesthouse
, established in 1907, is the oldest German Club in Southern Africa. It was privatized after 98 years and is now a prestigious Guest House in Keetmanshoop.
It is situated in the Pastorie Street and its tranquil surroundings are a true resting place for the weary traveler. It is the ideal base station for guests wishing to explore the Mesosaurus fossil trail, Quiver tree forest,Fish river canyon, Giant`s playground and other tourist attractions in and around Keetmanshoop. Here you can re-live the good old times.
It boasts a selection of 20 rooms from which to choose, an a la carte restaurant, private bar, and barbecue facilities for the self-catering guest.
Accommodation at Schuetzenhaus Guesthouse:
- 11 luxury double rooms with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms
- 2 luxury family rooms with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms
- 1 luxury twin room with wheel chair facilities
- 3 luxury self catering flats with en-suite bathroom
- 3 Tour guide rooms with shared bathroom
The following facilities are also available:
- Barbeque facilities
- Private Bar
- A la carte Restaurant
- Lunches for groups on request
We cater for conferences of small and medium sized groups, offering accommodation and meals in various venues.