Sandpiper Cottages are only 30 km from Mossel Bay and 70 km from George Airport.
This stunningly beautiful bay in the heart of South Africa`s Garden Route offers a range of leisure activities. Soak up the sun on pristine white beaches or enjoy the under-water world snorkeling in the clear, warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
Sandpiper Cottages offers:
- Nearby rocky shore to marvel at a great variety of marine life.
- During the spring time enjoy watching whales bathing in our waters - year round you can see dolphins playing in the surf.
- Our beach is endless, safe and unspolt.
- Moderate climate all year round.
- Two and 3 bedroomed cottages with luxury accommodation. Ideal for small groups and families.
Come to this bay of colourful dawns and stunning sunsets.
The Oyster-catcher Coastal Hiking Trail is a fabulous eco-adventure. This trail gives you the opportunity to explore this marine rich coast and its unspoilt beaches. Learn the habits of whales and dolphins.
Enjoy the eco experience of this educational walkabout - highlighting the habits of the African Black Oystercatcher. This coastal hiking trail starts in a Khoi San cave at the old fishing village of Mossel Bay and ends with a small boat trip across the Gouritz River.
Sandpiper Sport Cottages have full use of the facilities at the private Sandpiper Sport and Wellness Centre at Boggomsbaai:
- Tennis Court
- Squash Court
- Massage treatments and facials, by appointment
- Private Tanning Deck
- Telescope for Whale Watching on Upper deck
Accommodation at Sandpiper Cottages:
Our authentic Cape cottages and our unspoilt nature area cannot be fully appreciated in one night visits - we therefore suggest stays of 2 days or more.
Every cottage has a large indoor fireplace to braai South African style or just to sit around at night and drink a toast to this paradise of peace.
Interiors are Yellow wood and Oregon Pine furniture. Red clay tile floors and comfortable bedding. All cottages are as fully equipped as your own home. CD-players, mini-bars, microwaves, laundry facilities, hairdryers, television etc:
- Traditional dinners by prior arrangement.
- Self-catering or B&B options.
- DSTV available
- Special rates for visits between 2 and 5 days.
- Groups from 2 to 22 can be accommodated.
Sea Mist - Honeymoon Cottage:
1 Bedroom with 3 inter-leading bathroom areas downstairs 2nd loft bedroom & extra bathroom upstairs as well as a tanning deck.
Voorhuis - Luxury Cottage:
2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms, with a small loft upstairs.
Ostrero - Luxury Cottage:
2 bedrooms en suite downstairs and a loft bedroom come playroom with shower upstairs.
Strandloper - Standard Cottage:
2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms downstairs and 3rd loft bedroom and shower upstairs.
Gone Fishing - Standard Cottage:
3 bedrooms downstairs and a loft bedroom 1 bathroom with separate toilet.
- Sand boarding
- horse riding
- golf - farm style golf course
- Game drives
- No-Show - 100% cancellation fee
- 14 days prior to arrival - 100% cancellation fee
- 15 to 30 days prior to arrival - 50% cancellation fee
- 31 days or longer prior to arrival - 25% cancellation fee
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - open)
Communal Satellite TV
Hiking / Walking Trails
Sandpiper Cottages is a Self-Catering in Boggomsbaai Western Cape South Africa