Salt Rock Hotel, the gem of the Dolphin Coast in Kwazulu Natal is nestled amongst tropical palms on the golden shores of the warm Indian Ocean.
Set on a property on the beach with sea views from every room in the hotel, the hotel offers a large variety of activities in the area. From swimming and surfing in the Indian Ocean to playing golf at one of the well-known golf courses in the area.
The hotel is ideal for family holidays, honeymoons, conferences or romantic beach weddings.
Facilities at Salt Rock Hotel:
- All rooms have DSTV
- Beauty Salon on site
- Rock tidal pool
- The business man room shave ADSL
- Jungle gym and games room for the kids
- Well appointed conference facilities
- Lounges & pub area with live entertainment
- Sparkling private pool with ice cream & snack bar
- Fishing towers and rocks for the licensed angler
- Romantic beach weddings catered for
- Dining room with outside terrace overlooking the ocean
- Protected beaches: Shark netted with professional life guards
- 75 bedrooms – Duplex, standard & family rooms available
- Various restaurants & pub within walking distance of the hotel
- Airport transfers on request. - 12 minutes form the new King Shaka International Airport
- Elevated sun terrace for daily dolphin viewing and seasonal whale watching
Accommodation at Salt Rock Hotel:
Spacious well appointed double or family rooms, DStv,tea and coffee making facilities, aircon and fan, fridge, patio or balcony, shower over bath and some rooms with kitchenettes. All full sea views
Options of deluxe rooms available are family rooms - some with sliding room divider.
Comfortably appointed double/twin or family rooms, DStv, tea & coffee making facilities, aircon and fan, fridge and some with balcony, shower over bath. All full sea views.
Options of Superior rooms available are double, twin and family room.
Comfortably appointed double/twin or family rooms, DStv, fan,shower over bath and some with balcony. All full sea views.
Options of standard rooms available are double, twin, family room (2 adults, 2 or 3 children).
Interleading room - 2 en suite rooms with adjoining interleading door - some with balcony and fridge (1 queen and 2 single beds). Duplex suites - main en suite downstairs and 2nd bedroom or lounge and TV upstairs - some with fridges. (1 Queen downstairs, 1 or 2 or 3 beds upstairs). Ideal for kids over 6 and sharing adults. DStv, tea and coffee making facilities, fan, shower over bath. All full sea views.
The hotel is set amidst a number of world renowned golf courses such as the well-known Zimbali.
The beach in front of the hotel is safe for swimming and surfing with shark nets and life guards on duty. There is also a rock tidal pool in front of the hotel.
This provisional reservation will release after seven days if your guarantee(deposit/voucher) has not been received.
Please note bookings secured by deposits/vouchers are not refundable unless cancellation is made one month prior to the date of arrival (Full accommodation charges based on the total stay value will be implemented).
Any refunds of cancellations made one month prior to the date of arrival are subject to a 15% administration fee based on a total stay value.
From Durban International Airport:
- Take the N2 North passing Umhlanga, Umdloti through the Tongaat Toll Plaza, past Ballito, Shakashead and then finally the off-ramp N214 to Salt Rock.
- Turn right over the flyover and follow the road down past the Caltex Garage on your left, then a shopping centre. The Hotel is on the left immediately after the shopping centre.