Rooiheuwel is situated at the foothills of the Nuweveld Mountains in the Great Karoo, 80km west of Beaufort West and 60km north of Leeu Gamka.
Break away with your family from the humdrum of everyday life in this relaxing and safe environment.
The mountained topography offers many opportunities to enjoy each other as a family. Have a braai and relish the famous Karoo lamb and boerewors - firewood is available!
In addition to the sheep and game at the farm there is also an exotic bird collection.
Come and let your children experience real farmlife, without cellphones or TV and have peace for your soul.
Rooiheuwel offers various self-catering units.
1 & 2 Boplaas and Middelplaas:
- Two comfortable self contained farmhouses, well equipped with 4 bedrooms.
- 3 rooms with 1 double - and 2 single beds
- 1 room with 2 - 3 single beds
- 1 bathroom and separate shower, Middelplaas has an outdoor shower
- Dining rooms and lounges
- Inside and outside braai facilities - lapas
- You can also pitch a tent at the camping site at Boplaas
Cottage at Boplaas:
- Original cottage with 1 double bed, en-suite bathroom, open plan kitchen and Braaifacilities.
Shepherds Kliphuisie in the veld:
- The original shepherds kliphuis has 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, as well as a lounge
- outside shower and toilet
- outside bake oven and "skerm" with braai facilities
- a small stone dam for cooling off in hot summer days
- Two 4X4 routes
- Mountain biking
- Motorbike routes
- Hiking trails on site, various levels of difficulties
- Stone dam for swimming
- Horse riding with your own horse
- Camping sites are situated under doringbome
- Clay pigeon
Also catering for larger groups, e.g. spitbraai, potjiekos and boerekos.
Drive on the N1 to Cape Town for 13km, then turn right at the Fraserburg gravel road for 13km.
At the fork you keep left to Merweville for 50km and then turn right at the cross where our name plate is. Drive for 3km and you will find Rooiheuwel on your left.
From Leeu-Gamka (on the N1):
Turn left on the tarred road (R353) to Fraserburg. Drive for 45km and turn right on the gravel road to Beaufort-West for 13km. At the cross, where our name plate is, turn left for 3km and you will find Rooiheuwel on your left.