Riverview Cottage is owner managed and offers comfortable and restful accommodation in a quiet street.
You can relax with a book or a cold drink on a large veranda with views of the Vaal River and extensive bird life and where Fish Eagles are regularly heard.
If you do not want to stay in a city, Barkly West is an ideal stopover (only 35km from Kimberley) and situated in the middle of a large alluvial diamond digging area.
Guests can enjoy their breakfast on the veranda in summer or in the dining room on those colder winter mornings.
Dinner will be served by prior arrangement.
Guests have a lounge / dining area with DSTV and there is also a self service coffee table available 24 hrs.
Facilities & Services:
- Special Meals on Request
- Team Building
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Other Language
- Communal Television
- Communal Satellite TV
There is a double en suite room, an en suite room with 2 x 3/4 beds & a single room with a private bathroom.
The rooms all have panel heaters for winter and Airconditioners for summer.
Riverview Cottage Activities:
Activities in the vicinity:
* Kimberley with all its historic sites and ghost trails is only 35km away and qualified tour guides are available with prior arrangements
* Modderriver (site of a historic battle) 70km.
* Several game farms, where game drives can be arranged, are in the vicinity.
* Fly fishing on the Vaal River 10km.
* By prior arrangement, a visit to an alluvial diamond diggings.
* Health & Beauty facility & Coffee Shop 1km away.
Click to display the map
Riverview Cottage Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
The welcome was very good. We were provided with a very good dinner and wonderful breakfast. The room was spotlessly clean with all amenities guests could require. We would definitely recommend Riverview Cottage. The hosts are delightful people and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our sincere thanks to both John and Sharon.
Rating: Reviewed by Marilyn Ungerer over a year ago