Riverview Cottage is owner managed and offers comfortable and restful accommodation in a quiet street.
You can relax with a book or a cold drink on a large veranda with views of the Vaal River and extensive bird life and where Fish Eagles are regularly heard.
If you do not want to stay in a city, Barkly West is an ideal stopover (only 35km from Kimberley) and situated in the middle of a large alluvial diamond digging area.
Guests can enjoy their breakfast on the veranda in summer or in the dining room on those colder winter mornings.
Dinner will be served by prior arrangement.
Guests have a lounge / dining area with DSTV and there is also a self service coffee table available 24 hrs.
Activities in the vicinity:
* Kimberley with all its historic sites and ghost trails is only 35km away and qualified tour guides are available with prior arrangements
* Modderriver (site of a historic battle) 70km.
* Several game farms, where game drives can be arranged, are in the vicinity.
* Fly fishing on the Vaal River 10km.
* By prior arrangement, a visit to an alluvial diamond diggings.
* Health & Beauty facility & Coffee Shop 1km away.
There is a double en suite room, an en suite room with 2 x 3/4 beds & a single room with a private bathroom.
The rooms all have panel heaters for winter and Airconditioners for summer.
When coming into Barkly West from Kimberley turn left immediately after the Caltex Garage into Ferry Street, follow the street until it takes a left turn.
After the left turn we are on your left at 4 Ferry St, Barkly West.
When coming into Barkly West from Upington/Kuruman turn right immediately before the Caltex Garage into Ferry Street and continue down until the street makes a left turn.
We are on the left - 4 Ferry St, Barkly West.