Riverside Hotel offers luxury accommodation in Durban North with unparalleled views across a magnificent green belt, stretching from the rivers mouth, across the Indian Ocean, and towards Durbans golden mile beachfront beyond.
The Riverside Spa is the ultimate destination for a blissful spa hotel break not far from the city. The combination of our wellness philosophy and firm belief in taking cognisance of body, mind and soul are designed to guide you through your own personal journey.
If youre looking for a centrally located conference venue in Durban, the Riverside Hotels well-equipped venue directly opposite the Hotels entrance ensures delegates staying here can easily access their rooms. As for the other delegates, plenty of secure, on-site parking is available.
Accommodation at Riverside Hotel:
All 169 rooms and suites are fitted with a kitchenette including a microwave, mini-bar fridge, cutlery and crockery available on request. Guests can select a river or sea-facing Suite, a Deluxe or Standard Double Room or, alternatively, a Room overlooking Durban North.
STANDARD ROOM FEATURES
- Standard rooms have en-suite bathrooms with built in showers
- DSTV in rooms
- Telephones in rooms
DELUXE AND SUITE ROOM FEATURES
- Separate shower and bath facilities
- DSTV in rooms
- Telephones in rooms
- Suites have separate lounge area
GENERAL INFORMATION ON ALL ROOMS
- All rooms have mini bar fridge
- DSTV in all rooms
- Direct dial telephones in all rooms
- Semi Self-Catering facilities in all rooms - on request
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Self-programming wake-up call facilities
- Microwave in all rooms
- Additional Telephone link and AC plug point
- 200 MB Complimentary WIFI access in all rooms daily
Situated above the Umgeni River in Durban North, Riverside Hotel has unparalleled views across a magnificent green belt, stretching from the Umgeni River, across Durban Country Club, towards the Golden Mile on Durbans Beachfront and the Bluff beyond approximately:
- 12km from The Westville
- 2.5km to Umgeni Bird Park
- 25km to King Shaka International Airport
- 270km from Alpine Heath Resort
- 2km to Japanese Gardens
- 5km to Durban north beaches
- 6km to Shopping centres (Gateway & La Lucia Mall)
- 7km to various fine dining restaurants (Morningside)
- 8km from Durban Central
- 90km from Pietermaritzburg
- 9km from the Durban City Centre
Activities in and around the Riverside Hotel in Durban include:
- Mr Price Kings Park Stadium
- Durban & Umhlanga Beaches
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping
- Kings Park Olympic Swimming Complex
- Moses Mabhida Stadium Soccer Stadium
- Mangrove Swamps
- Sunset Cruises
- Trips to the Valley of 1000 hills
- Umgeni Bird Park
- uShaka Marine World
- Virgin Active Health Club
- Windsor Golf Course
The Riverside Conference Centre is ideally situated directly opposite the front entrance to the hotel ensuring Durban conference delegates staying at the hotel easy access to their rooms should they so require. For day delegates there is plenty of secure parking within the hotel grounds and with the hotel being so centrally located it allows for easy access no matter where the delegates are travelling from.
The conference centre is made up of several conference rooms with the largest, The Pelican Suite seating up to 250 delegates, down to the smallest boardrooms of which there are four, each of which seat up to 10 delegates in boardroom seating. These boardrooms are ideal as breakaway rooms.
Spa at Riverside Hotel:
Walk into an elementary sensory space, where time is left at the door and a new journey begins.
Where elements earth, fire, water, metal and wood harmonise your surrounds and aromas, sights, sounds, touch and taste enlighten your intuition.
Discover a wellness philosophy that has lifetime values. We believe in beauty through total wellness starting within and taking cognisance of body, mind and soul. Our passion is to ensure that your journey is a personalised one.
We will tailor-make a package for you. Bridal spa, corporate packages, birthday parties, baby showers
Packages make ideal gifts for loved ones and motivating incentives for staff.
Cancellations received 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will forfeit 25% deposit.
Cancellations received 29 - 15 days prior to arrival will forfeit 50% deposit.
Cancellations received 14 - 01 day prior to arrival will forfeit 100%
Facilities & Services:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Limited Room Service
Parking (off-street - open)