River Kaya offers stunning self-catering and backpackers accommodation situated right on the Kromme River, just 12 km from St Francis Bay, one of the top holiday destinations on the beautiful Garden Route.
We are situated next to the beautiful tidal Kromme River, approximately 8km from the river mouth at St Francis Bay.
Accommodation at River Kaya:
River Kaya features three separate accommodation options, The Fish Eagle self-catering house with room for 9 guests and The Woodpeckers Shack unit with room for 8 guests in total. The Fish Eagle is ideal for a bigger group getaway, a special birthday or whatever the occasion you choose to celebrate.
The Fish Eagle Self Catering House:
- Five Bedrooms (four bedrooms wiht sliding door onto deck - river frontage)
- Four Bedrooms with sliding door onto deck river frontage
- Two Bedroom en-suite. Another two bathrooms (one with shower and one with bath)
- Open Plan Kitchen, lounge and dining room
- 195 Square m Deck in front of house overlooking the beautiful Kromme River.
- Undercover braai area
The Woodpeckers Shack:
- Four rooms
- Two rooms with either a double or queen bed
- Two rooms with bunk beds
- Sleeps 8 in total
- Showers only
- Entertainment area with built in braai
- Sleeps 6
- Three rooms (Queen beds, all en-suite).
- Open plan kitchen lounge area
- Bedding and bath towels supplied.
A Function Venue is available next to the river for up to 100 people by prior arrangement.
The area is popular for several activities including, fishing, kayaking for groups of up to twelve people, hiking, mountain biking, relaxing and bird watching.
Facilities and Services:
- Daily servicing
- Bedding and bath towels supplied (Fish Eagle only)
- Bedding supplied (Backpackers) not towels
- Parking in front of house
Health and Climate:
The River Kaya is situated on a small holding next to the Kromme River in the greater St Francis area. This accommodation is more suitable for people loving nature and wants to experience some peace and quiet.
Things to do on site:
- Mountain biking
Things to do close by:
- Penguin Rescue and Rehabilitation Cape St Francis
- Rock and surf angling
- Deep sea fishing
- Game viewing
- Sand boarding
- Horse riding
- Golf St Francis Links & St Francis Golf Course
- 1 month before stay date: 50% of deposit is refundable.
- 2 weeks before stay date: 25% of deposit is refundable.
- Less than 2 weeks before stay date: 0% of deposit is refundable.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Pets only by Arrangement
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Fireplace on the Premises
DVD and/or VCR
Hiking / Walking Trails
River Kaya is a Self-Catering and Youth Hostel in St Francis Bay Eastern Cape South Africa