offers stunning self-catering and backpackers accommodation situated right on the Kromme River, just 12 km from St Francis Bay, one of the top holiday destinations on the beautiful Garden Route.
We are situated next to the beautiful tidal Kromme River, approximately 8km from the river mouth at St Francis Bay.
Accommodation at River Kaya:
River Kaya features two separate accommodation options, The Fish Eagle self-catering house with room for 9 guests and The Backpackers unit with room for 24 guests in total. The Fish Eagle is ideal for a bigger group getaway, a special birthday or whatever the occasion you choose to celebrate.
The Fish Eagle Self Catering House:
- Five Bedrooms (four bedrooms wiht sliding door onto deck - river frontage)
- Four Bedrooms with sliding door onto deck – river frontage
- Two Bedroom en-suite. Another two bathrooms (one with shower and one with bath)
- Open Plan Kitchen, lounge and dining room
- 195 Square m² Deck in front of house overlooking the beautiful Kromme River.
- Undercover braai area
This is ideal for a Father and Son weekend, bachelor and bachelorette parties or for family getaways.
- Five rooms
- Two rooms with either a double or queen bed
- One room with 3 bunk beds i.e. sleeps 6
- One room with 2 bunk beds i.e. sleeps 4
- One room with 5 bunk beds i.e. sleeps 10
- Sleeps 24 in total
- Showers only
- Entertainment area with built in braai
A Function Venue is available next to the river for up to 100 people by prior arrangement.
The area is popular for several activities including, fishing, kayaking for groups of up to twelve people, hiking, mountain biking, relaxing and bird watching.
Facilities and Services:
- Daily servicing
- DSTV Guest house bouquet
- Bedding and bath towels supplied (Fish Eagle only)
- Bedding supplied (Backpackers) not towels
- Parking in front of house
River Kaya Activities: Things to do on site:
- Mountain biking
- Waterski – By arrangement
Things to do close by:
- Penguin Rescue and Rehabilitation – Cape St Francis
- Rock and surf angling
- Deep sea fishing
- Game viewing
- Sand boarding
- Horse riding
- Golf – St Francis Links & St Francis Golf Course
Click to display the map
Health & Climate:
The River Kaya is situated on a small holding next to the Kromme River in the greater St Francis area. This accommodation is more suitable for people loving nature and wants to experience some peace and quiet.
Other Accommodation near River Kaya:
Accommodation options within 8km from River Kaya include:
Serene accommodation on the unspoilt beaches of Oyster Bay on the edge of the Tsitsikamma.
This 4 star luxury lodge is situated on a coastal reserve with 3,5 km of private beach, the longest in South Africa, located along the Garden Route between Knsyna and Tsitsikamma and serves as a must destination in South Africa for all.