Ideal for holidays and conferences, and set on the edge of the mystic Kalahari Desert, this hotel is surrounded by a town of beautifully landscaped gardens, lush green vineyards and the Orange River Valley. The Protea Hotel Upington is a welcome haven for weary travelers and is positioned in the heart of the Upington CBD, within walking distance of a fine selection of restaurants. It is the perfect base for exploring the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and Augrabies Falls National Park. The Namibian border is a mere 120km from Upington, making this the ideal place to stay over. Its a hotel that complements your travel style. Choose from 90 sophisticated, fully air-conditioned rooms with modern en suite bathrooms and each with its own minibar fridge and a tea and coffee maker. Protea Hotel Upington has four state-of-the-art conference rooms with the very latest presentation facilities.
Highlights of Protea Hotel Upington:
- 90 sophisticated, fully air-conditioned rooms, each with a modern en suite bathroom, minibar fridge and coffee/tea maker
- Four state-of-the-art conference rooms with the very latest presentation facilities
- Conveniently located near Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Augrabies Falls National Park and the Namibian border
Accommodation at Protea Hotel Upington:
- 90 spacious and sophisticated guest rooms with an en suite bathroom
- Enjoy free WiFi and executive desk when staying for business
- Enjoy Premium satellite TV with 16 channels
- Remain fresh and cool in our air conditioned rooms in Summer and warm and cozy in Winter
- Coffee/tea maker and minibar fridge
- Luxurious bedding to ensure the most comfortable sleep
Protea Hotel Upington facilities and services:
- Housekeeping service daily
- Valet dry-cleaning
- Safe deposit boxes, front desk
- Car rental
- Baby sitting
- Room service
- Valet dry cleaning
- Hotel has on site accessible self-parking
Dining at Protea Hotel Upington:
Protea Hotel Upington Restaurant
Start your day in our spacious restaurant. You have an option to eat from our buffet or tasty a la carte menu. We also offer room service. Our Lounge Bar is the ideal place to relax whilst looking over our sparkling pool and entertainment area. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Local wine cellars OWK have guided tours and wine tasting available, while another wine route lies on the outskirts of Upington. The vista of a dazzling array of Namaqualand flowers in July, August and September are a very popular local attraction and attract GUESTS from all over the world.
Other attractions nearby include:
- The SAD factory - day visitors welcome, with a shop for all local products
- Date Palm Avenue: longest line of date palms in Southern Hemisphere
- Museum and tourist information centre
- Two World reknown Parks: Kgalagadi Tranfrontier Park & Augrabies National Waterfalls
On the banks of the Orange River, in the CBD of Upington. Ten minutes from the Airport.
Two national parks, The Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park (260 km) and Augrabies Falls National Park (130 km), are within driving distance.
The Namaqualand flowers, in full bloom from July to September, are a very popular, dazzling local attraction.