The luxurious 31-roomed Protea Hotel Mossel Bay
is a graceful landmark, built in 1846, overlooking Santos Bay and the harbor. 20 min drive to the airport and halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth. Nestling on the Mossel Bay shoreline with the majestic Outeniqua mountains as a backdrop, the Protea Hotel Mossel Bay is singled out from other establishments.The stone walls and Mediterranean-style out-buildings belie the fact that the main building is one of the oldest in Mossel Bay and forms part of the Dias Museum Complex. Previously The Old Post Office Tree Manor Hotel, the Protea Hotel Mossel Bay, situated off Santos beach, could best be described as a hotel complex. It comprises of a breakfast patio with sea view, the Cafe Gannet Seafood Restaurant - "Mossel Bay's Seafood House", overlooking the Bay and Outeniqua Mountains. The Blue Oyster cocktail bar, adjacent to the pool, overlooks Santos Bay.Highlights of Protea Hotel Mossel Bay:
- Breakfast patio with breathtaking sea views, a restaurant that overlooks the Bay and Outeniqua mountains and a cocktail lounge adjacent to the pool
- Chic accommodations range from en suite rooms to manor rooms, family rooms and self-catering harbor suites with superb views
- Award-winning hotel, elegant and rich is history, is situated 5 minutes’ walk from the beachAccommodation at Protea Hotel Mossel Bay:
- Our rooms have all the modern amenities you'd need, plus superb sea and harbour-views.
- Enjoy a home away from home in on of our suites, which have kitchenettes and separate lounge areas
- Stay connected with 500mb complimentary Wi-Fi per day throughout the hotel.
- Enjoy a cup of tea whilst watching the ocean with in room tea & coffee facilities
- Keep up to date with sport, TV series and news with satellite televsion in all the rooms
- Accommodation options range from en-suite rooms to deluxe rooms to suites.
23 Deluxe Rooms
7 Harbour suites
1 Presidential suiteProtea Hotel Mossel Bay facilities and services:
- 24 hour security
- 24 hour reception
- Cafe Gannet Restaurant
- Blue Oyster Bar
- Outdoor swimming poolDining at Protea Hotel Mossel Bay:
An exciting and truly inviting a la carte menu served seven days a week. Known as Mossel Bay's Seafood House, Protea Hotel Mossel Bay's trendy restaurant, Cafe Gannet, offers an exciting and truly inviting a la carte menu seven days a week. Reservations required.
Protea Hotel Mossel Bay Activities:
Eco Attractions in Mossel Bay
- Romonza - Seal Island Trips & Whale watching
- Botlierskop Game Farm
- St Blaize Hiking Trail
Adventure Attractions in Mossel Bay
- White Shark Cage Diving
- Bungi Jumping
- Sea Kayaking
Garden Route Attractions
- The Garden Route
- Oudtshoorn - Cango Caves
- Cango Wildlife Ranch
- Highgate Ostrich Showfarm
- Safari Ostrich Showfarm
- George - Outeniqua Choo-Tjoe
- Wilderness & Tsitsikamma National Parks
- Knysna Elephant Park
- John Ben / Featherbed Nature Reserve
- Black water tubing
Click to display the map
Inconvenient with power cuts at random times (and in particular for major meals). The hotel has put in place an emergency generator, but unfortunately very close to guest rooms creating noise and some exhaust pollution. Suggest that the emergency generartor is placed in a noise isolated location off the main premises
Centrally situated, affordable accommodation. We offer 15 en-suite rooms.Some with spectacular sea views,own balcony,bar fridge.All rooms with amenities.Pool,ladies bar,braai facilities available.A well equipped Conference room for up to 40 delegates.
Admirals Rest is a self-catering house located behind Munro Manor and is ideal for the extended family. The house has three bedrooms, two of which are double rooms and the third has a bunker bed for the 2 kids or it is made into a single room.
New Stone Manor is a gorgeous, luxury and newly renovated rustic old stone house build in 1880. It overlooks the ocean with beautiful harbour views. The house with its 5 large bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms.
Historical old sandstone building with a lot of love overlooking the Ocean and Mountain in center of Town.
Munro Manor is a 10 Bedroom Guesthouse overlooking Santos beach. All rooms are en-suite with tea and coffee facilities, mini fridge, LCD TV, Free WiFi and sea view for front Rooms. Breakfast is cold buffet and full English breakfast.
per person sharing