Ideally situated in the heart of the Cape Winelands, this elegant Victorian boutique hotel in Stellenbosch offers a fusion of vintage and modern sophistication, providing luxury accommodation for the weary traveler. Beautifully surrounded by the vineyards and mountains of this culturally rich region , the hotel offers a classic ambience and quiet atmosphere with an antique lounge, log fire, deep sofas and a charming restaurant called the Oak Leaf that serves an authentic South African buffet breakfast. The Dorpshuis Spa is a unique feature of the hotel where guests can enjoy relaxing spa days and treatments. Protea Hotel Dorpshuis is a hotel that complements your travel style, with a guesthouse atmosphere that offers 30 individually decorated rooms furnished with antiques and every 4-star amenity you can expect.
- The hotel boasts individually decorated rooms with antique furniture that has been collected over years - slightly modern yet classic in appearance.
- Complimenting your stay is our Oak Leaf Restaurant, serving a cleverly blended selection of traditional Afrikaans and South African cuisine.
- With a pool heated in winter, a sauna and a treatment room your wellness and relaxation is well looked after at the Protea Hotel Dorpshuis.
Accommodation at Protea Hotel Dorpshuis:
- The original rooms are each individually decorated with antique furniture collected over years
- Deluxe apartments are spacious and have the double volume ceiling that give these rooms their appeal
- The 10 deluxe apartments and 2 loft apartments are slightly modern yet classic in their appearance
- All rooms have a flat screen TV, air-conditioning, fridges and tea/coffee making facilities
- Spacious accommodation include twin or double beds and private patios
- Variety of rooms suitable for individual corporate travelers, group ,leisure and family travels
10 Deluxe Loft Rooms
11 Standard Rooms
Dining at Protea Hotel Dorpshuis:
Oak Leaf Restaurant
Make the most of lunch and dinner at our classic, fully-licensed Oak Leaf restaurant. We serve a la carte meals and specialize in cleverly blended traditional South African fare like Cape Malay Bobotie, afval and venison dishes.
Facilities and Services of Protea Hotel Dorpshuis:
- 24 hour security
- 24 hour reception
- free undercover parking
- restaurant and bar
- shuttle service on request
- 24 hour room service
- business center with printer
- lounge with fireplace
- conference and banqueting facilities
- Wine tasting on Stellenbosch Wine Route
- Fly-fishing at Jonkershoek
- Angling at the nearby Strand Beach
- Cycling / mountain bikes. Available at the Hotel for hire
- Golf - There are three golf courses within 10kms of Stellenbosch: Stellenbosch Golf Club, Devon Vale Country Club and De Zalze Golf Estate at Spier Estate.
- Various hiking and horse trails
- Nature Reserves and Botanical Gardens
- Mooiberge Strawberry Farm Stall
- Oom Samie se Winkel for Stellenbosch memorabilia
- Village Museum
- Khayamandi Tourism Corridor Museum
- Quad Biking at the Dellrust wine estate
- Historical guided walks through the town
Game and Wildlife:
- Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm
- Drakenstein Lion Park
- Butterfly World
- Wiesenhof Game Park
- Spier Cheetah
- Monkey Town