Ideally situated in the heart of the Cape Winelands, this elegant Victorian boutique hotel in Stellenbosch offers a fusion of vintage and modern sophistication, providing luxury accommodation for the weary traveler. Beautifully surrounded by the vineyards and mountains of this culturally rich region , the hotel offers a classic ambience and quiet atmosphere with an antique lounge, log fire, deep sofas and a charming restaurant called the Oak Leaf that serves an authentic South African buffet breakfast. The Dorpshuis Spa is a unique feature of the hotel where guests can enjoy relaxing spa days and treatments. Protea Hotel Dorpshuis
is a hotel that complements your travel style, with a guesthouse atmosphere that offers 30 individually decorated rooms furnished with antiques and every 4-star amenity you can expect.Highlights:
- The hotel boasts individually decorated rooms with antique furniture that has been collected over years - slightly modern yet classic in appearance.
- Complimenting your stay is our Oak Leaf Restaurant, serving a cleverly blended selection of traditional Afrikaans and South African cuisine.
- With a pool heated in winter, a sauna and a treatment room – your wellness and relaxation is well looked after at the Protea Hotel Dorpshuis.Accommodation at Protea Hotel Dorpshuis:
- The original rooms are each individually decorated with antique furniture collected over years
- Deluxe apartments are spacious and have the double volume ceiling that give these rooms their appeal
- The 10 deluxe apartments and 2 loft apartments are slightly modern yet classic in their appearance
- All rooms have a flat screen TV, air-conditioning, fridges and tea/coffee making facilities
- Spacious accommodation include twin or double beds and private patios
- Variety of rooms suitable for individual corporate travelers, group ,leisure and family travels
10 Deluxe Loft Rooms
11 Standard RoomsDining at Protea Hotel Dorpshuis:Oak Leaf Restaurant
Make the most of lunch and dinner at our classic, fully-licensed Oak Leaf restaurant. We serve a la carte meals and specialize in cleverly blended traditional South African fare like Cape Malay Bobotie, afval and venison dishes.Facilities and Services of Protea Hotel Dorpshuis:
- 24 hour security
- 24 hour reception
- free undercover parking
- restaurant and bar
- shuttle service on request
- 24 hour room service
- business center with printer
- lounge with fireplace
- conference and banqueting facilities
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Laundry Service
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Conference facilities
- Wine Tasting
- Dining room
- Internet Access
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Swimming Pool
Protea Hotel Dorpshuis Activities:
- Wine tasting on Stellenbosch Wine Route
- Fly-fishing at Jonkershoek
- Angling at the nearby Strand Beach
- Cycling / mountain bikes. Available at the Hotel for hire
- Golf - There are three golf courses within 10kms of Stellenbosch: Stellenbosch Golf Club, Devon Vale Country Club and De Zalze Golf Estate at Spier Estate.
- Various hiking and horse trails
- Nature Reserves and Botanical Gardens
- Mooiberge Strawberry Farm Stall
- Oom Samie se Winkel for Stellenbosch memorabilia
- Village Museum
- Khayamandi Tourism Corridor Museum
- Quad Biking at the Dellrust wine estate
- Historical guided walks through the town
Game and Wildlife:
- Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm
- Drakenstein Lion Park
- Butterfly World
- Wiesenhof Game Park
- Spier Cheetah
- Monkey Town
Click to display the map
Other Accommodation near Protea Hotel Dorpshuis:
Accommodation options within 8km from Protea Hotel Dorpshuis include:
Aan Dorpstraat Guest House is in the hisotric centre of Stellenbosch. With 4-star grading this fully air-conditioned B & B offers quality and comfort, safety, internet access, a pool, a small, private garden, full en suite bathrooms and many luxuries.
Rivierbos Guest House offers clean, affordable B&B accommodation in central Stellenbosch - the "gem of the Winelands".
Besigheim is located in an up-market and tranquil environment, only minutes from the Eerste Rivier. It offers picturesque views and the town's epicentre is within walking distance.
Guest Rating: (5 reviews)
Magnolia Place Guest House in Stellenbosch offers the perfect stay over for any traveler or business person. The self catering guest house in Stellenbosch offers spacious rooms with kitchenette or shared kitchen between two rooms.
Vilaroux is situated just off the historic Dorp Street and consists of 6 x 2-bedroom and 1 x 1-bedroom self-catering apartments.