Pilanesberg Private Lodge is a new private retreat nestled on the foot of the majestic Pilanesberg Mountains.
Pilanesberg Private Lodge is uniquely situated within a 2 hour drive from Johannesburg / Pretoria, within a 20 minute drive from Sun City and is situated in a MALARIA FREE area.
Pilanesberg Private Lodge is uniquely positioned in a part of the Pilanesberg National Park wilderness area that has previously not been accessible to any visitors.
Our guests enjoy nothing but spectacular views of world Famous "Pilanesberg Alkaline Ring Complex". The lodge was designed to incorporate the views to ensure that even when you are not on game drives, you stand the chance to see any of the animals from the lodge.
Elephant,Rhino (Black and white), Lion and Leopard have been spotted from the lodge in the last few months.
During the evenings we enjoy fabulous stargazing from our boma as the light in the area is very clean and clear.
Black Rhino Reserve:
The lodge is situated in the Black Rhino Private Reserve. This brand new reserve forms part of the Greater Pilanesberg National Park.
Black Rhino Reserve is situated in the North Western corner of the Pilanesberg National Park (PNP). It is just under 2000 hectares in size and is the first portion of private land that was incorporated into the PNP.
The reserve is characterised by huge number of Tambotie trees and therefore we have regular sightings of the bad tempered Black rhino. The reserve is entered exclusively through our private entrance gate on the western side of the reserve.
The reserve is home to the BIG 5 Lion,leopard,buffalo,elephant,white and black rhino) as well as cheetah and wild dog. Antelope species include sable, tsessebe, eland, gemsbok and springbok.
With a species list of over 354, the reserve is a true "birders paradise".
The communal area consists of the following:
- Dining room
- TV Lounge
- Pool deck
- Covered patio
- Viewing Deck
- Air Conditioning
Accommodation at Pilanesberg Private Lodge:
We have 5 sleeping units that is connected via paved pathways and bridges to the communal area. The units are named Leopard, Tambotie, Shepherds Tree, Rhino and Elephant.
Each chalet is equipped with the following:
- Extra length King size bed with white linen
- En-suite bathroom
- Rock bath
- Double rock basins
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Ceiling fan
- Bar fridge
- Mini safe
- Private patio
PLEASE NOTE: 2 nights must be booked over a weekend.
We also offer the following activities in the area:
- Hot Air Balloon Safari over the park. Book with us for this unforgettable experience
- Elephant Back safaris
- Elephant interaction. Kids get a chance to get up close and personal with elephants
- Visit Sun City with all its amenities and the valley of Waves
- Golf at the world famous "Gary Player" golf course and The Lost City Golf course.
- Special Safaris : Tailor made Photographic Safaris, Walking Safaris & Bird safaris
Rooms and Units Available:
Chalets (Excludes Peak Season and Easter weekend)
Sleeps 2 Adults
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Bar on the Premises
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - covered)
Tswana / Sotho
Communal Satellite TV
DVD and/or VCR
Hiking / Walking Trails
- cancellations of 30 days and more from the time of arrival: 100% refund
- cancellations between 29 to 15 days from the time of arrival: 50% of total cost be refunded
- cancellations 14 days or less, a no-show or early departure: 0% refund
- Travel to Sun City along the N4. Turn right on the R510 to Sun City. From the Sun City gate travel in the direction of Rustenburg, on the R565 for approximately 4 kilometres.
- At the stop street, turn right and travel for approximately 32 kilometres north on the Madikwe road, where you will find the entrance of Black Rhino Game Reserve.
* It is a tar road all the way to the entrance.
Click to display the map